Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #2031
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3jason View Post
Just got this a couple of weeks ago.
I love the POW Sig. Was just looking at that online yesterday as a matter of fact. Very close to pulling the trigger on it....no pun intended.

Have my eye on a couple compact 1911s though too.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #2032
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
BullF-16, is that a Sturdy Gun safe? Sure does look like one. If so how do you like it?
-K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #2033
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
I love the POW Sig. Was just looking at that online yesterday as a matter of fact. Very close to pulling the trigger on it....no pun intended.

Have my eye on a couple compact 1911s though too.
Get it. As far as I know they aren't making any more. My dealer told me the one I got was made only because they had some parts left over from the limited run last year to make a handful more.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #2034
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
This has probably been asked over and over in here but this thread is like 80 pages long, so I ma going to ask.... I went to the gun range and shot for the first time, they gave me a Ruger 9mm, and the 'instructor' let me shoot his 45 revolver. Ok, for a first time shooter, that 9mm had a lot going on; slide flying back, recoil, shells flying out, I was a nervous as heck. Then I shot the 45 and it kicked so hard it about flew out of my hand. I had a blast shooting them and I know with practice you get used to the recoil and noise and shell casings busting out. I WANT A GUN now, of course the question of the day is what kind should I buy. I would want one that I wouldn't have to uprgrade in three months that would be good for home protection, and possibly to carry with a ccw, and that the wife could shoot in case of emergency. What brand, what size, and pistol or revolver.
I am thinking a revolver would be easier to maintain and maybe more reliable, what are your thoughts?
Also, where is a good place to buy a gun? I seen some places online, but it seems you have to have it sent to a local gun store and pick it up..... does this piss the local gun store owner off or is this just business as usual? Seems kinda strange to me.
Thanks in advance,
Gary
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #2035
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
BullF-16, is that a Sturdy Gun safe? Sure does look like one. If so how do you like it?
-K
Yes, the Sturdy safe. I love iit and did a bunch of research before i bought it. For the money they are about the best you can get. I added a bunch of upgrades to it. Its the 36x27x72.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #2036
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
This has probably been asked over and over in here but this thread is like 80 pages long, so I ma going to ask.... I went to the gun range and shot for the first time, they gave me a Ruger 9mm, and the 'instructor' let me shoot his 45 revolver. Ok, for a first time shooter, that 9mm had a lot going on; slide flying back, recoil, shells flying out, I was a nervous as heck. Then I shot the 45 and it kicked so hard it about flew out of my hand. I had a blast shooting them and I know with practice you get used to the recoil and noise and shell casings busting out. I WANT A GUN now, of course the question of the day is what kind should I buy. I would want one that I wouldn't have to uprgrade in three months that would be good for home protection, and possibly to carry with a ccw, and that the wife could shoot in case of emergency. What brand, what size, and pistol or revolver.
I am thinking a revolver would be easier to maintain and maybe more reliable, what are your thoughts?
Also, where is a good place to buy a gun? I seen some places online, but it seems you have to have it sent to a local gun store and pick it up..... does this piss the local gun store owner off or is this just business as usual? Seems kinda strange to me.
Thanks in advance,
Gary
I'm sure it isn't the answer you're looking for, but this is the right answer:

You aren't ready to buy a gun. You need to keep going to the range, and renting guns to shoot for the day. Continue to work with your instructor, or any of the staff at the range and make sure they know you are new and you are interested in trying various guns out for size to determine which one you feel the most comfortable with.

When you are ready to buy a gun, not only will you not ask others what you should be buying, but when the time comes no one would be able to talk you out of the one you have chosen to buy for yourself.

Also, when the time comes, your question won't be formed as "which should I buy", but instead formed like, "I am thinking about buying the Springfield XDM 40 because I like the reliability and how it felt in my grip, but I am wondering if there is an equivalent in 45 cal?". See what I mean?

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2037
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Name:  2012-08-30 18.17.48.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  282.0 KB This was found on the beach today. Anyone know what it is?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #2038
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
-K
Here's a pic of the front. I cant get the tip of a butter knife in the gaps. the tolerances are very very tight. Its built in the USA 100% and is a family run company. I opted for the 5 gauge steel all around and the 5/16" door with an extra 3/16 plate welded to it on the inside. This is my 4th and final layer of security. If they get this far....i must be dead!!!!!
Attached Images

HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #2039
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Wow great collection and safe. Thanks for sharing. I need to upgrade mine, it's, ummm not even close to being that nice. More like, embarrassing..... but it does keep the kids safe.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #2040
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:

You aren't ready to buy a gun. You need to keep going to the range, and renting guns to shoot for the day. Continue to work with your instructor, or any of the staff at the range and make sure they know you are new and you are interested in trying various guns out for size to determine which one you feel the most comfortable with.

When you are ready to buy a gun, not only will you not ask others what you should be buying, but when the time comes no one would be able to talk you out of the one you have chosen to buy for yourself.

Also, when the time comes, your question won't be formed as "which should I buy", but instead formed like, "I am thinking about buying the Springfield XDM 40 because I like the reliability and how it felt in my grip, but I am wondering if there is an equivalent in 45 cal?". See what I mean?
thanks for the advice.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #2041
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

Unfortunately Metthem I gotta agree with Inferno.

If that was the first time you've ever shot a pistol, you have no business buying a gun at this time. You are just asking to hurt yourself, a family member or an innocent bystander. You need to continue doing what you did and go to a range that allows you to rent guns to try out and shoot and get more range time under your belt and try many different guns.

Also buying advice varies greatly from person to person. Everyone's hand is different, everyone has a different sense of what's comfortable. This isn't something that I or Inferno or anyone else can tell you as we don't know you, only you know you. Likewise, a gun that fits you might not fit your wife and vice versa. Go out and try as many guns as possible and when you find a couple that your like, then come on here and ask about those specific guns.

As where to buy, personally I prefer a local gun show. There are thousands of guns for you to handle and many different vendors to talk to and you can get the best price. Buying online can be a great way to buy too, but I only buy this way if it's a gun I know without a doubt I want and can't find at a gun show. And yes the ATF requires all new gun sales to be done through a FFL holder which is why if you buy online you have to send it to a dealer. I've yet to find a dealer that will refuse to do this or minds to do it and they would be crazy if they did. There will be a fee involved which normally ranges between $25-$50 per gun depending on the dealer.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #2042
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
Attachment 417760 This was found on the beach today. Anyone know what it is?
Probably a flare. Call the local PD and let them decide what to do with it. Military EOD guys might come out and blow it up for you

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 08-31-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #2043
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Here's a pic of the front. I cant get the tip of a butter knife in the gaps. the tolerances are very very tight. Its built in the USA 100% and is a family run company. I opted for the 5 gauge steel all around and the 5/16" door with an extra 3/16 plate welded to it on the inside. This is my 4th and final layer of security. If they get this far....i must be dead!!!!!
Bull, is this your truck, maybe?
Probably not enough stickers...
Attached Images

Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #2044
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Homeland Security sure loves us gun owners
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun