Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters View Post
Most of it has do to with attitude. If she would have been a "B" to the officer, I'm sure he would have scratched out a cite. That's what I do.
Utter and complete crap. I've been polite as possible and still gotten the write up. Has more to do with jealousy than anything else. Although I'm sure all cops aren't like this, just every one I've ever met.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
shooters

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer Package
Crap huh? Well I can tell you this; when a T-stop starts out with, "so why the "F" did you pull me over?" that's pretty much an indicator that it's going to go bad.

I don't know you. Maybe you are polite. I didn't say that being filled with sweetness and light will get you out of a ticket. But I can promise if you that if you have attitude, your gonna lose the battle every time.

I always love the folks, like yourself, that say "my taxes pay your salary." And my favorite, "don't you have anything better to do than pull me over." Well if I did I wouldn't be pulling you over now would I? And if you'd like that part of your tax dollar that pays my salary, I can always flip you a nickel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Utter and complete crap. I've been polite as possible and still gotten the write up. Has more to do with jealousy than anything else. Although I'm sure all cops aren't like this, just every one I've ever met.

Last edited by shooters; 09-20-2012 at 11:05 PM.
shooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Yes being polite to cops helps. I got away with a few warnings because I was nice to the LEO. Well either it was that or the guy was a fruit.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
To the OP, if that's really you in your avatar he wasn't pulling you over to look at your car--he was pulling you over to look at YOU. Can't say I'd blame him.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #19
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters View Post
Crap huh? Well I can tell you this; when a T-stop starts out with, "so why the "F" did you pull me over?" that's pretty much an indicator that it's going to go bad.

I don't know you. Maybe you are polite. I didn't say that being filled with sweetness and light will get you out of a ticket. But I can promise if you that if have attitude your gonna lose every time.

I always love the folks, like yourself, that say "my taxes pay your salary." And my favorite, "don't you have anything better to do than pull me over." Well if I did I wouldn't be pulling you over now would I?
Interesting, I never said anything about taxes or salary did I? From where I stand, it's the cops with the attitude problem. For instance, got pulled over in my Chevelle for having a tail light out. I never knew this unless somebody tells me, just happened to be a cop that was the one to tell me. I changed the bulb right in front of him since I had a spare, tested it right in front of him and it worked. I still got the ticket. Too many self righteous cops on this forum, so I won't waste my time posting on this thread again.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Probably best to flash the hairy one...if you flashed the smooth one, might not be so lucky...lol
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
shooters

You said, " I'm sure all cops aren't like this, just every one I've ever met." Then I submit to you one of two possibilities. One: You haven't met many cops so the ones that were jerks were in that small group and your unlucky. Or two, and I'm leaning toward this one: You have a chip on your shoulder with a crap attitude and were most deservedly of the citation. You seem combative and argumentative. Just saying.

Quote:
Interesting, I never said anything about taxes or salary did I? From where I stand, it's the cops with the attitude problem. For instance, got pulled over in my Chevelle for having a tail light out. I never knew this unless somebody tells me, just happened to be a cop that was the one to tell me. I changed the bulb right in front of him since I had a spare, tested it right in front of him and it worked. I still got the ticket. Too many self righteous cops on this forum, so I won't waste my time posting on this thread again.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I would have said show me the video. Too many times do law enforcement officer say one thing and do another. Such things like the use of turn signals. Seriously LEOs, there are bigger fish to fry.
You may want to take a driver's course lol
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #23
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
It's your job as a driver to inspect your vehicle before trips.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #24
zer0ss

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 LFX
I've gotten a few warnings and a single ticket and the LEO was never wrong for pulling me over. I've always been overly polite, whether the slip he handed me had dollar signs on it or not.

I own all of my mistakes. Sometimes that's enough for a LEO to give you just a warning, and sometimes you still go to court and own your mistakes there. You'll notice if you do go to court, it's a big club of us non/moving violators - and surprisingly, there are very few 'guilty' people there...

Good job OP on keeping your cool, and I hope the rest of your night went smooth.
Sound: Two 12" Kicker Comp Subs in ******** Enclosure
zer0ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #25
xkloid
ITZ COOL

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS
Sounds like some cops can have bad attitudes just like some drivers.....
Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
shooters

Yeah your right. I don't like cops and I are one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkloid View Post
Sounds like some cops can have bad attitudes just like some drivers.....
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #27
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Seems like every Camaro owner eventually has their day with the Popo. I didn't get off so lucky though.
Attached Images

Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #28
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
You may want to take a driver's course lol

Theres a lot of hate in this thread. All I am saying is that LEOs are supposed to set an example for the rest of society. However, when you have LEOs that get caught speeding excessively to get to their K9 unit training (this is a true example in our state) thats a few hours away...WTF? So its okay for you to do this, but no one else? Theres times when LEOs use undercover vehicles and try to get people to race them by flooring it and slowing down for them to catch up. And this is okay? I don't get your logic on pulling a person over for 5 to 10 over when we all know you have done it yourself.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote