Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #15
RAYSRT8

Drives: 2011 Challenger SRT8 6.4L 392 Hemi
Order an RX catchcan from Tracy SC2150. The product is top notch and Tracy will provide you with any assistance and/or support you need installing it. Tracy is also a stand-up guy and goes way beyond most vendors to make sure you are completely satisfied.

Camaro parts for sale: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152474
RAYSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
tracy thanks for the help i think i will go with your product as soon as i get the funds

i actually own a buisness with hdtv accesories so i can understand but this is the reason i go for stuff made in china first and then go more expensive stuff

im 18 so i am also kind of short on money after i bought a bunch of stuff for my car already plus i need to save up for the mrtv2 and an injen intake!

thanks im looking forward to buying your product
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
I bought a matte black RX can. Looking to install it this weekend. Received the drivers side mount. If you order one, make sure you specify which mounting bracket you want. I did not order the filter. Now I'm thinking I should have.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
As you can see... we all got Tracy's back. It's really hard to compete with a non-existent competitor. It's kind of like the V6 tuning world... Only Vince... only vince...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #19
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
I have the RX can as well . I have posted pics of the amount of oil that was in it after about a 1000 mile . Thanks again !
Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #20
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Come on now. Apex Chase has been pretty good to me with purchases I made from him & he prefers the Elite Engineering one. Reading I have done on it also sound pretty good. They look nice also. Thus the quandry.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #21
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
We are going to be offering a catch can very soon for $115 delivered. the can is done the billet braclets are being made now.. should be a few weeks.

You don't need a breather, they have repositioned the clean air return so that the venturi effect should no longer be an issue, Gm has learned a few things.

Our can is smartly sized and priced right, you don't need a quart container or expensive catch can under the hood...LOL ( unless you want one of course )

Here is a picture of the can, Tom did his own fittings on the top of it, those aren't the regular fittings and hose but the ss hose is an option. Our anodized red is almost a perfect match to the red jewel

Thats is the location if you have an E-Force installed, other wise it locates on the passenger side.
Attached Images

CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #22
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
but what makes this can worth 140 dollars

i dont understand why it would cost more than 30 dollars to make this thing that you have

i understand you have a great product but i will try to find some probably less expensive

thanks i really would want one of ur cans it just too much
We are offering one for $115 delivered
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
do I need the "Breather".

i want to know this also

could i just get the breather also i have heard that the breather makes your engine bay oily

You dont need the breather, you used to due to the cold air return system but the new Camaro has adressed that.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #23
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
We are going to be offering a catch can very soon for $115 delivered. the can is done the billet braclets are being made now.. should be a few weeks.

You don't need a breather, they have repositioned the clean air return so that the venturi effect should no longer be an issue, Gm has learned a few things.

Our can is smartly sized and priced right, you don't need a quart container or expensive catch can under the hood...LOL ( unless you want one of course )

Here is a picture of the can, Tom did his own fittings on the top of it, those aren't the regular fittings and hose but the ss hose is an option. Our anodized red is almost a perfect match to the red jewel

Thats is the location if you have an E-Force installed, other wise it locates on the passenger side.
Will you be producing catch cans for both LT & SS? also how soon could we see these...just looking at getting one soon
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Come on now. Apex Chase has been pretty good to me with purchases I made from him & he prefers the Elite Engineering one. Reading I have done on it also sound pretty good. They look nice also. Thus the quandry.
Apex Chase is great with top notch service and would not hesitate to buy from him either.

As for function, just put ANY to the test described. It is easy and the results are indesputible. It is physically impossible to get the oil to NOT pull through a small can without some major re-egineering, but they all trap a good amount and that is the key. NO can equals the RX in that function.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #25
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I've tested two cans and the RX prevented way more oil from getting pulled through and back into the intake.

The little cans make it much to easy to pull through rather than allow the oil to separate out of suspension and fall to the bottom of the can. If you don't believe it put one of the below glass filters in line with the outlet line and see what you find. If you don't want to go through that much trouble then just have a look at the diffuser/media holder one your can when you are emptying it. You will find oil hanging on the bottom of diffuser and you'll also find oil at the outlet fitting.

If you like the looks of one over the other that's great, pick your favorite. But if you strictly care about keeping as much oil out of the intake as possible the RX makes complete sense. imo

But as Tracy always says, any can is better than none.
Attached Images

She is only memory now.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 02-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
I've tested two cans and the RX prevented way more oil from getting pulled through and back into the intake.

The little cans make it much to easy to pull through rather than allow the oil to separate out of suspension and fall to the bottom of the can. If you don't beleive it put one of the below galss filters in line with the outlet line and see what you find. If you don't want to go through that much trouble then just have a look at the diffuser/media holder one your can when you are emptying it. You will find oil hanging on the bottom of diffuser and you'll alos find oil at the outlet fitting.

If you like the looks of one over the other that's great, pick your favorite. But if you strictly care about keeping as much oil out of the intake as possible the RX makes complete sense. imo

But as Tracy always says, any can is better than none.
Wow, you've tested both cans? Great to hear your results. Well, there you go ladies and gents, I would call this unbiased and tested.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #27
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Wow, you've tested both cans? Great to hear your results. Well, there you go ladies and gents, I would call this unbiased and tested.
I've tested the RX and one of the other quality brands. A lot of the small cans are somewhat similar. I'm assuming if one of the highend other types let more oil through than the RX, that by shear design the lesser made smaller ones would let even more by. Really, the only way to know how well yours is doing is to see how much, if any, oil gets into the glass filter versus what is in the can. I would love to test others but I confirmed what Tracy said about the RX was true. After testing a couple it becomes easy to predict results of others. Not that one may not surprise.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #28
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil02 View Post
Will you be producing catch cans for both LT & SS? also how soon could we see these...just looking at getting one soon

Yes we are. they are in production right now, we have customer with the v6 and v8's doing test fitments as we speak.
Our cans feature a pcv and filter element.