Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Question Single Disk Clutch Anyone?

While I'm well aware of the benefits of a twin disk clutch on our heavy cars, anyone with 600+ rwhp have any positive feedback on any of the few high capacity single disks or did everyone on this forum shell out the big bucks
for the twin disk clutches.

Btw, yes I know the twin disks are better in every way. yes I know they have better driveability and yes I know they last longer.

Simply asking to hear first hand experience with some of the high performance single Disk Clutches such as the monster stage 3 and up spec stage 3 and up etc..
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
badass1000

Drives: 2010 SS. YSI and Built 416
I have a 2010 with a 416 and ecs ysi kit. set at 810whp. I bought the car used and it had a monster 11'' ceramic single in it. The peddle was fairly hard to push in. Enough so that the bottom of my foot hurt if I wore thin sole shoes from all the pressure on a small part of my foot. It had no slip either. You let it out and it just wants to lockup. I was new to driving the car, but you had to try not to bog the car or spin the tires taking off. I only drove the car for one full day and the tranny went out that night.. I put a new tr6060 in it and while they had it apart I had them put in a McLeod rxt twin disc. Much better. I don't know what stock peddle pressure is, but would guess it is like stock. It took a couple days for the clutch to break in, but I can take off much easier now and the clutch slips a lot better too. The McLeod twin disk should hold more power too. I would highly recommend spending a little extra and getting the McLeod rxt.
badass1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badass1000 View Post
I have a 2010 with a 416 and ecs ysi kit. set at 810whp. I bought the car used and it had a monster 11'' ceramic single in it. The peddle was fairly hard to push in. Enough so that the bottom of my foot hurt if I wore thin sole shoes from all the pressure on a small part of my foot. It had no slip either. You let it out and it just wants to lockup. I was new to driving the car, but you had to try not to bog the car or spin the tires taking off. I only drove the car for one full day and the tranny went out that night.. I put a new tr6060 in it and while they had it apart I had them put in a McLeod rxt twin disc. Much better. I don't know what stock peddle pressure is, but would guess it is like stock. It took a couple days for the clutch to break in, but I can take off much easier now and the clutch slips a lot better too. The McLeod twin disk should hold more power too. I would highly recommend spending a little extra and getting the McLeod rxt.
That's good to know! I know I won't be getting a ceramic clutch then since mine is a daily driver as well. I almost pulled the trigger on the rxt, I just don't have the funds to get one at this time around
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
People generally love our Dual Friction systems because they hold 400-500 ft/lbs no problem, and still have a much softer pedal feel than most of the other super singles out there.
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clut, clutch or transmission, monster clutch, reviews, spec clutch