Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
It's a free country tom, you know how it works. If you don't like how the game is played, trot on over to a different playground
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
LOL, to the OP hi. To others, it's a PRIVATELY owned board. The person who runs it therefore can set moderator rules as the owner sees fit. Nothing to complain about, there are a bajillion boards out there so find one where your vision fits the vision of the runners of the board.

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
LOL, to the OP hi. To others, it's a PRIVATELY owned board. The person who runs it therefore can set moderator rules as the owner sees fit. Nothing to complain about, there are a bajillion boards out there so find one where your vision fits the vision of the runners of the board.
Mr. Icky!!
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
Hahaha, guess you have not been here very long. I have been given warnings, and have been banned for innocent comments. One warning was for calling someone a idiot or moron, due to the fact they were starting crap. Can't remember the 2nd warning. The reason I was banned was because a member here "bought" a zr1, and I said it was stupid for a person to pay 110k for a car that can be had for so much less if you want the same performance. It was an opinion, so if someone takes offense to that it's sad. Thats my lil piece on here. About the civilality here, I have seen way too many bad mouth fords. Of course its a chevy community, but if a car can simply beat yours stock for stock, give it props and move on. No need to bash it. Mind you mods and admins joined in to bash. However, when I stood up for the other cars I got threatened by being banned. Don't know how well this place will treat you dude, but good luck. I am at the point where I can care less if I am banned from here or not. If I am banned after this post, then be it, but it will show what kind of community is being ran here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
all the mods play god here. Right with you about them bashing with the rest, but when they do it it's ok. Plain and simple power mongers. Haven't been banned yet, but oh me it would be real hard to come back as another poster.
I hope you guys feel better now that you've had the opportunity to express yourselves.

To prove that we aren't just ban happy mods, I'm just gonna say that if we really wanted to get rid of people we don't agree with then we'd have banned you permanently not temporarily...

I won't disclose publicly why any member has been warned or banned. But needless to say our version is a little different then yours.

To everyone else. Thanks for the kind words and everyone is welcome to hang out and enjoy the site.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
any pics of the chally
Here's a couple BLACK10:

it looks red in these pics, but she's orange.
Attached Images

-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
I've noticed in certain light, those two Challenger colors can be hard to tell apart.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Here's a couple BLACK10:

very nice ride my man.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
As long as it doesn't profit the Japaneze, Korean, British, Italian, etc, you'll get my respect. I really like the Challenger. I haven't like the Mustangs since the 69 coupe...although this year's Iacocca version looks nice.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm10gt View Post

Curious though, does the camaro come with a CAI like the ford? Also, im sure the camaro comes with dual exhaust...what about headers? Maybe that's something GM could possibly look into for the 2011 year...factory long tube headers to come stock on the SS models? If it doesnt come with CAI, that's another thing they could do, along with a performance tune straight from the factory? Dunno, just thinkin here.

Your thoughts?
As I recall, the CAI treatment in GT was a response to the Camaro. See the V6 Camaro would of had more HP than the Mustang GT. Since this was on short notice Ford added the CAI to bump the power to 315 up from 300. Pretty sure the full blown ford response from what we are hearing will be the 2011 models. Ford is rumored to be putting the Coyote 5L 400 HP V8 into the GT, and a 3.7L? V6 into the base model cranking out 315HP.

For Camaro in 2011, other than the convertable we haven't heard of many other really significant changes. Might be too soon. GM maybe waiting for ford to fully show it's hand.

And thus power wars are started......
Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #23
Kalenn
Fan of all things Camaro

Drives: '13 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport
I know somebody with a Challenger and I like it. The Challenger is a nicely designed and executed automobile. It looks nice. I know somebody with a '10 Mustang GT and it's really nice as well. I prefer the Camaro because I've owned a few over the years and I just really like this car over the Challenger and Mustang. Doesn't mean I have to get all defensive when someone else has a differing opinion than mine.

As far as the mods go on this site... post responsibly and nobody will flick you any grief. Post like a jerk and guess what happens? Ban stick comes crashing down. It's the same at every board I have ever been to.

"E for electricity... V For Chevy Volt and me!"
Kalenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
love the chally, test drove a fully loaded hemi orange rt 6 speed after the 4th delay. It is a great car, and the seats are way more supportive then the Camaro, but it just didnt win me over from my Camaro obsession, if i had it my way, i would have one stang, only chally and one Camaro, but for now i guess i can just dream lol
The one major turn off was the 19L/100km it was getting, what do you avg now? ANyways i thought that was bad but then i saw my v6 was getting 17L/100km and i was shocked, not that big of a difference
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #25
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Off topic.

posts have been deleted.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #26
Mosher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnhew View Post
if the mustang comes out with a better engine at the same price as that of a camaro.. obviously its gona b the winner..
Well, there are alot of factors, but I think 400 HP in the mustang would make it really scream. I think what happens with the V6 is very interesting as well, Finally gone is that "Truck" engine and nice much sportier unit will take it's place, I think it should be interesting.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #27
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
As I recall, the CAI treatment in GT was a response to the Camaro. See the V6 Camaro would of had more HP than the Mustang GT. Since this was on short notice Ford added the CAI to bump the power to 315 up from 300.
It may well have been the response, but Ford was already using that CAI setup in the 2008-9 Bullitts. The suspension is also the same one as the Bullitts had as well.

As for the power wars being started, that's a good thing. Unless the government squashes it like they did the last time.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #28
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
Quote:
Here's a couple BLACK10:

That car is SWEET in HEMI Orange I like it.