Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Exclamation I Cannot Believe My Ears!!!!!!

I formally confronted my sister about purchasing a new Mustang because she has loved the Camaro since its inception.
She told me that she went to check one out and it was TOO plasticky inside and you cannot reach anything on the dash, the trunk was like a manhole(whatever that means), has one hell of a blind spot, and the mustang had a better ride. She said that the Camaro looks too much like one of those "kit" cars and the style will wear off like a fad.

Hmmmmmm seems to me like she is just trying to come up with reasons to justify her Ford Mustake purchase.
She told me that it has that onboard computer thingy that she can ask it questions or whatever, hell I dont know what it was she was talking about but I just told her I can get all that computer crap on something like an Ipod or something like that, why would I want it integrated in my car?
Blind spot? hmmmm well doesn't the ford have a blind spot?
Rough ride? I really dont think she really took it for a test drive.
Kit car? Well like I told her....... just put that car next to a Mustang and then try honestly telling me just which one stands out more? Ya!......that's waht I thought.
She did get a nice deal and I cannot blame her for getting it, it is her third Mustang in five years and she is used to them, she got it for $14000(she is a radio station DJ for a popular station in the city she lives in, and heck to be honest with you I would jump on a Mustang for $14000 as well)
I think what it really all boils down to is that in order for her to have gotten such a good deal on the Mustang she cannot say anything against it and so I just chalk it all up to publicity and advertising.....she cannot help it.
She got a nice one with one of those glass roofs and what not so I cannot blame her. I am planning on moving to the same city she lives and when I pull up and park next to her in my future SS she had better not say ANYTHING because I will be the first and only one in my family that will have a Camaro.
I might let her try drive it but then I hope she can get past all the plastic.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
suprspinner

Drives: praying for a 2ss
what year was the mustang?
suprspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprspinner View Post
what year was the mustang?
2010/11 not sure but it is V6 loaded out, thats all I know
this is a pic of it-

My apologies to all Chevy enthusiasts here for posting a pic of a Ford on this forum
Name:  31394_128901387135847_100000479607007_280387_6122940_n.jpg
Views: 2383
Size:  38.3 KB
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Her points are all valid and I agree with all of them. I almost bought the 2011 mustang myself. I have a history with a 1967 camaro that swayed me more an a little. Sounds like she is just judging them equally with no history or preconceptions. Likely anyone in her shoes would choose the stang over the camaro as well.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well the mustang is better for a girl
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
Yep Ponys are for little girls.....
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Can't go wrong with either--- but she sounds liked she voiced many of the same concerns that people mention when listing pros and cons.. Sounds to me like the cons were too much for her to pull the trigger.

Hopefully she got the 2011.. But if she got a 2010-- she probably got a killer deal!
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Court jester

Drives: 2010 1LT CGM Camaro "Nomad"
I'm not gonna lie. The upper level mustangs are dead sexy. Why didn't I consider ordering one? I don't fit. And.... The new Camaro is the only car ever to stop me in my tracks and go "dang "
05/07/10 - 3300 TPW 5/31 -The Last 2010 Run (I think)
05/20/10 - 3400
05/29/10 - 3800
05/29/10 - 4000
06/11/10 - 4300
06/14/10 - 6000
Court jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
It was TOO plasticky inside and you cannot reach anything on the dash, the trunk was like a manhole(whatever that means), has one hell of a blind spot, and the mustang had a better ride. She said that the Camaro looks too much like one of those "kit" cars and the style will wear off like a fad.
This is a common complaint with the 2010/2011 Camaro, just like it was with the '05-'09 Mustangs. Doesn't seem like an out of line comment to me.

Quote:
She told me that it has that onboard computer thingy that she can ask it questions or whatever, hell I dont know what it was she was talking about but I just told her I can get all that computer crap on something like an Ipod or something like that, why would I want it integrated in my car?
It's called SYNC, and no, you cannot get all "that computer crap on something like an Ipod". You want it integrated into the car because it brings a lot of hands-free functionality to the car. More info on it can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync

Quote:
Blind spot? hmmmm well doesn't the ford have a blind spot?
Yes, the visibility is limited with the Camaro when compared to the Mustang. GM chose form over function with the "chopped" roof on the Camaro. I think what she was trying to say is that it is much easier to see out of the Mustang's cabin than it is the Camaro's. Thousands of people would agree with her observation and, again, it has been well documented.

Quote:
Rough ride? I really dont think she really took it for a test drive.
I've driven both and while I feel the Camaro offers a smoother ride quality, there' really not enough of a difference between the two cars to pick one over the other.

Quote:
Kit car? Well like I told her....... just put that car next to a Mustang and then try honestly telling me just which one stands out more?
Well, be careful. I personally like the Camaro styling, for the most part, but just because something stands out does not necessarily mean it has the same aesthetic appeal to everyone. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no right or wrong when it comes to what someone likes.

Quote:
She did get a nice deal and I cannot blame her for getting it, it is her third Mustang in five years and she is used to them, she got it for $14000(she is a radio station DJ for a popular station in the city she lives in, and heck to be honest with you I would jump on a Mustang for $14000 as well)
I think what it really all boils down to is that in order for her to have gotten such a good deal on the Mustang she cannot say anything against it and so I just chalk it all up to publicity and advertising.....she cannot help it.
I don't think she has to justify her decision. She compared the two cars and the Mustang offered her more than the Camaro. The end. Doesn't matter if you agree with her decision or not, as you're not paying for it.

Quote:
She got a nice one with one of those glass roofs and what not so I cannot blame her. I am planning on moving to the same city she lives and when I pull up and park next to her in my future SS she had better not say ANYTHING because I will be the first and only one in my family that will have a Camaro.
Honestly, it sounds like you're mad that she got the Mustang and not the Camaro because you thought if she had gotten a Camaro you might have gotten a chance to drive it.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #10
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
actually I am cool with it, this way I WILL be the only person in my family with a Camaro, I told her that I wont hold it against her and that I actually congratulated her for it but I know that one day she will be kicking herself for not getting a Camaro, heck when she bought her first mustang in 05 and then checked out my Monty Carlo SS Supercharged Dale Jr Sig series she was impressed and I could sense she was a bit remorseful about getting her Stang, she actually admitted she wished she tried out the Monte Carlo first because she would have gotten one.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
This is a common complaint with the 2010/2011 Camaro, just like it was with the '05-'09 Mustangs. Doesn't seem like an out of line comment to me.

It's called SYNC, and no, you cannot get all "that computer crap on something like an Ipod". You want it integrated into the car because it brings a lot of hands-free functionality to the car. More info on it can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync

Yes, the visibility is limited with the Camaro when compared to the Mustang. GM chose form over function with the "chopped" roof on the Camaro. I think what she was trying to say is that it is much easier to see out of the Mustang's cabin than it is the Camaro's. Thousands of people would agree with her observation and, again, it has been well documented.

I've driven both and while I feel the Camaro offers a smoother ride quality, there' really not enough of a difference between the two cars to pick one over the other.

Well, be careful. I personally like the Camaro styling, for the most part, but just because something stands out does not necessarily mean it has the same aesthetic appeal to everyone. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no right or wrong when it comes to what someone likes.

I don't think she has to justify her decision. She compared the two cars and the Mustang offered her more than the Camaro. The end. Doesn't matter if you agree with her decision or not, as you're not paying for it.

Honestly, it sounds like you're mad that she got the Mustang and not the Camaro because you thought if she had gotten a Camaro you might have gotten a chance to drive it.
Says the guy with the Mustang
Old 06-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:

well put ........well put

PS: I dont have anything abainst Mustang drivers but most Mustakes I have seen (I would say at least 90 percent of them) are driven by fat chicks, don't be mad at me, I am just telling of my observations.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
It sounds to me like her thinking for herself and getting the car she wanted somehow threatened your manhood.

The lower-end Mustangs do look like total chick cars and not something I'd consider for even a second, however the top-end models are sweet and some even made my die-hard, Chevy-loving friend do a double take and admit they were nice cars.

I've sat in a Camaro, Challenger and a Mustang while I am doing my preliminary car research. So far, the Mustang and Camaro are neck and neck. It will simply come down to a test drive for me.

All three of them -- the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro -- are bad@$$. They have different specs and appeal to people for different reasons. Not one of the three "suck." Getting butt-hurt over which one someone picks never made much sense to me.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Says the guy with the Mustang
Doesn't diminish the validity of my comments any. I own/have owned vehicles from Ford, Chysler and GM and have no loyalty to any one over the other.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote