Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Louiey

Drives: 2010
$105 Track Day@Willow Springs-Streets of Willow-April 10 in SoCal

Extremespeedtrackevents will be at Willow Springs-Streets of Willow in SoCal-
April 10 for a track day,special track day price of only $105.00
(DISCOUNT CODE IS sow9)
Special track time -12pm - 8pm Registration opens at 10am drivers meeting is at 11:15am
Register Here ---- https://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/event-registration?eventId=34&task=event_register&type=r eg_individual
Any Questions email info@extremespeedtrackevents.com
Must register before April 4
Louiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
sounds great! who else is down?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 View Post
Other stuff going on and cf2 coming up.

We were in PV Sunday whale watching, what a great day there!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 View Post
I'm down I did a track event with this company A month or so ago..What a blast hauling ass on the Big track at willow springs...Dont miss out Me and the wife will be staying the night this time.Last time it was a long day 114 miles there another 100 on the track and 114 back..But dam what fun!!!..Check out my Video I made of the day..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Brakelate

Drives: '03 Mustang Cobra
Smile Hope to see some Camaro's out there!

Hey, so you and Mrs.DDunrider will be coming out this weekend?

The bad weather should roll through Saturday, leaving Sunday nice and cool out for good running without getting all hot.

I'll be there, so I will watch for you. Again, I'll be willing to take you guys out for rides, shoot video of you from my car or whatever.

Tell Joel with ExtremeSpeed Track Events that you (and the rest of the Carmaro5 folks) would like to be put in my group so we can do the follow the leader and all that good stuff as well as in-car instruction again if you wish.

I'll make up for cutting out early last time!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I might be wrong, but Streets is the small, and Willow Springs is the big track (looking at the title). Wish I could take the bike there for that price. I guess the upside to taking the Camaro is I don't have to tape up everything (like you do on a bike).

I'd go, but gas is kicking my butt. Any idea how OEM tires hold up to a day at the track? Buddy of mine has an early 2010 and says he got about 18k on his stock originals. Just curious how much life I lose on a "typical" track day.
JohnnyComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Brakelate

The "Streets" is the smaller of the two. It best simulates real world "canyon" type of running, with some straights that you could see up around 110 on in a stock Camaro. They do all the performance car magazine tests there, since it has a good combination of corners and conditions you could encounter on the worlds best roads.

Fun course, with the infamous "bowl" turn and a nice variety of things, rather than the very fast and more open Big Track.

Horse Thief Mile really is the tightest, as I only saw 90 mph there. But you work for it.

Bikes tape for the glass that you lose in a tip over. Many cars still tape, but it is all for cosmetic protection on the front.

In regards to tire wear, it really depends on how hard you are pushing. Many beginners see minimal wear, if any at all. If you are pushing and sliding, then you will see wear. But, even then, the stock harder compounds hold up very well. It isn't until you start running sub-200 treadwear "R" compound tires and pushing hard in the heat that you start going through tires.

Quickest set I've gone through was a set of Victoracer's with a 50 treadwear. They stuck hard, but I was pushing them in the Advanced groups with stock front end settings on a heavy, big torque car. They only lasted about 8 track days... or about 800 miles, with a couple hundred of that being freeway running to and from the track. But that is by far the worst case scenario.

I've since gone back to street tires, and will be on some cheap, hard Sumitomo's for this event.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
JohnnyComeLately

Yeah, love that back bowl on Streets on my sportbike. Nice long sweeper that lets you get WOT for a little bit before the transition.

OK, cool. Sounds like I can do a track day without shredding the tires. Not sure how much these will cost down the road, but 12 years later I still remember what the F1 Goodyears were for my 97 Trans Am.

I had friends do AutoX at Qualcomm, but I've always been a 1/4 mile guy. Weird thing is I'm not really stoked about drag racing this car. I guess it's after feeling "Burned" by NHRA when they closed the Street Legals at Pomona. I had a ton of prep on my TA, and then when they closed Pomona to SLD, I couldn't find a track that would hook my E/T Streets even at low PSI. I was running a ProCharger around 8# on my LT1 w/ JBA headers, etc.

I see there are SLDs sorta closeby again, but we'll see...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Brakelate

Man, talk about shredding tires... Qualcomm lot is like sand paper. I've run a Supemoto race day down there last year, with the San Diego Karting Assoc. and man it destroyed the tires.

We lost my local hometown strip (LACR) as well. So now it's Fontana by the Speedway or Famoso Raceway. Famoso Prep is good and the air is fairly nice as well. There is Irwindale, but it's only the 1/8th, and if I am doing it, I am going the full quarter.

I've run my Gen II Hayabusa at both as well as various Cobra's over the years (as seen in my sig attachment).

Been doing the Open Track thing and really enjoy the casual attitude of this group ExtremeSpeed Track Events.com Much more laid back than any SCCA Auto-X or other HPDE type of group, which is really refreshing.

Come on out! You might find a new addiction!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
Louiey

Drives: 2010
Discount code extended, new discount code is ( grippytire )
Still a few spots available.
Louiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
JohnnyComeLately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakelate View Post
Man, talk about shredding tires... Qualcomm lot is like sand paper. I've run a Supemoto race day down there last year, with the San Diego Karting Assoc. and man it destroyed the tires.

We lost my local hometown strip (LACR) as well. So now it's Fontana by the Speedway or Famoso Raceway. Famoso Prep is good and the air is fairly nice as well. There is Irwindale, but it's only the 1/8th, and if I am doing it, I am going the full quarter.

I've run my Gen II Hayabusa at both as well as various Cobra's over the years (as seen in my sig attachment).

Been doing the Open Track thing and really enjoy the casual attitude of this group ExtremeSpeed Track Events.com Much more laid back than any SCCA Auto-X or other HPDE type of group, which is really refreshing.

Come on out! You might find a new addiction!

Got me convinced. I didn't realize we couldn't run at LACR anymore either. Famoso was a nice track the one time I ran there (North Vs South F-Body Shootout, sometime around 2004-5)

I advanced but got DQd for...get this.. no headlights. Track is lit and I had DRLs, so you could see me and I can see you).. Anyway, still had a good time there.

I've got military drill the first weekend of every month, which lately seems to be when most events are I want to run. I just happened to find a triathlon I can do which is next weekend.

So hopefully one can line up later in the year. I had a friend who AutoX's his droptop TA at Qualcomm. He had Kevlar brakes that blew my mind at how late and deep a 4th F-body could be pushed. For some reason doing cones in a parking lot didn't do anything for me. So, Streets, or Willow sounds like fun. And since you say it's more laidback than SCCA, it sounds like even more fun.

Agree about 1/8 mile. My TransAm would have gotten booted at Qualcomm for being too fast (running low 12s with a FMU needing tune for the ATI ProCharger). 1/4 mile all the way.

Reminds me, I have some ET Streets for a 4th Gen Fbody I need to put up for sale.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
Brakelate

Event went well, with great weather!

I saw one Camaro that looked like DDunerider's in the pits sitting all alone with no one around.

Never did see it rolling, or what run group it was in. :(