Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #85
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
this really seems like a PITA lol

I think i may just use an OEM button and mount it somewhere in the cockpit and sell my door pulls
While I agree, I still think it is worth it in the long run.

I'm going to still attempt this mod. I guess I'll have to start ordering the connectors.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #86
Rui junior

Drives: 2011 ss orange on orange
Hey guys, i need some help here, i got the door panel for the driver side ( only doing 1 side on this mod ).
i got the switch but can't find the 4 wires connector, is this the connector that connects to the lock/unlock switch ?
Where did you guys get all the parts ?
Thanks for your help guys.
Rui junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #87
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui junior View Post
Hey guys, i need some help here, i got the door panel for the driver side ( only doing 1 side on this mod ).

i got the switch but can't find the 4 wires connector, is this the connector that connects to the lock/unlock switch ?

Where did you guys get all the parts ?

Thanks for your help guys.

I got the connector for the switch pre-wired from Gen5DIY. Just take note that the wires will not be long enough if you're running them to the center console.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #88
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWALEX View Post
the lock/unlock wires are connected to the new faceplate connector?
Sorry if that reply was directed towards me and my comment on ABL wires meeting at the BCM.

My plan was to remove them from the BCM and move them to the faceplate so I wouldn't have to run new wires to the door. (That's the part I wasn't following.)

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #89
MrFrost

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 - "Mabel"
Great write up and pics/instructions!

Just curious about the door lock switches. are they like older cars where you could take a coat hanger around the glass and just push down on the button and it will unlock? That's the only thing moving my switch from center console to doors that would worry me.
Thanks!
MrFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #90
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFrost View Post
Great write up and pics/instructions!

Just curious about the door lock switches. are they like older cars where you could take a coat hanger around the glass and just push down on the button and it will unlock? That's the only thing moving my switch from center console to doors that would worry me.
Thanks!

If some idiot wants into your car they're going to find a way, unfortunately.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #91
cmoz28

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS LS3
I was planning on putting switches on my console. I already have the unlock/lock wires and ground,
Anyone know a good wire to tap I to to give me led illumination that won't kill my battery? (In the center console area). I have a 2011 with the mylink installed.
cmoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #92
DWALEX

Drives: Currently 2016-2SS, Future ZL1/Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoz28 View Post
I was planning on putting switches on my console. I already have the unlock/lock wires and ground,
Anyone know a good wire to tap I to to give me led illumination that won't kill my battery? (In the center console area). I have a 2011 with the mylink installed.
you can use the yellow wire(LED Backlight Dimming Control) from the connector that goes to 4 gauge cluster
Old 06-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #93
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1

So this diagram is correct and works from pulling power and ground from the door panel ABL wiring? Do the locks work when the ABL's are not lit? Constant power to ABL wiring? I prefer to go this route because it seems to be the easiest way to install and power the door locks. Anyone interested in selling their left over wire connectors?
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #94
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Old 06-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #95
bthibodeaux

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS M6 Vert
For those doing this install I am just letting you know that I have a set of 2012/2013 door switch panels with door lock switches for sale in the classifieds.
2011 Black 2SSRS M6 Vert, Nitto Invos on HRE P40s (20X11 rear, 20X9 front), lowered 1" on Pfadt coilovers, Eibach sway bars, American Racing frame brace, Brembo big brakes (16" front, 15" rear), ZR1 dual disc clutch, MGW Shifter, 3.91 gears with Eaton Truetrac and LPW cover, DSS 1000HP axles, DSS 3.5" aluminum drive shaft, Magnacharger with RDS Stage II and 2.8" pulley, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, GM CNC ported heads, American Racing LT headers with high flow cats, custom 3" exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers and resonator (630 RWHP).

bthibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #96
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post

So this diagram is correct and works from pulling power and ground from the door panel ABL wiring? Do the locks work when the ABL's are not lit? Constant power to ABL wiring? I prefer to go this route because it seems to be the easiest way to install and power the door locks. Anyone interested in selling their left over wire connectors?

The door locks work all the time but just to be sure I'll verify now and report back.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #97
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Even with key removed and after the car shuts down the locks still work. So yeah, they work at all times, not just when the ABL's are on.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #98
TofuDragon

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6
I just finished the passenger side switch install... man, it took forever. But OmniCamaro's "rudimentary" drawing and Dwalex's labeling of the switch connector helped a lot! The difficult part was getting the wires through the rubber connector into the door. Now on to the driver side door!

Btw, if anyone is doing this and needs the 2 switch connectors prewired (the one in Dwalex's Step 2 of the first post), I bought an backup set from Gen5DIY that I didn't end up using because I ended up making my own. It'll save you from having to buy the parts individually. PM me if interested!