Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Installing a new rear bumper cover - 2012

I'm buying a painted bumper cover, but it comes almost completely naked, like this:

https://www.paintedoemparts.com/stor...per_Cover.html

I'm wondering how hard it is to install, not only physically on the car, but also all the auxiliary parts needed as well...taillights, parking sensors, rear view camera, exhaust trim, etc. I've seen a you tube video of someone taking it off, but that doesn't give me a very clear indication of all of the additional work I just mentioned. Just curious if anyone has done it before and knows how difficult it might be. Thanks.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Not hard at all, in fact, you almost have to remove it to change the reverse light
bulbs. I think you can get to them through the big square holes under the license
plate.

YouTube it...
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Since I would start with a bumper shell, I would have to take off all of the factory electronics from the old one and install on the new one (and the actual taillights, and the trim around the exhaust pipes). See here in the video all of the factory stuff that attaches to the rear bumper. I don't see any video on taking all of this off and installing. Not sure what I might need or how easily these parts might damage.

https://youtu.be/-ogXZ7D16xw?t=70

Last edited by kiteman; 03-11-2020 at 10:54 AM.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote