Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #29
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
As a 30yr veteran of law enforcement....I have never written a ticket or made an arrest of someone who didn't deserve it. All we ever ask of people is to be respectful and tell us the truth. Many 100mph + speeders have gone about there merry way. Many teens just cruising and having a good time...maybe smoking a little weed...have found themselves at home in their cozy little beds. All by simply being honest.
Ha! Yes, I have pulled people over just to compliment them on their nice ride.
There are always bad apples....but most cops are fair...and believe me, we don't want the paperwork anymore than you do. Glad your experience was a good one.
Okay , tell us about that one stubborn little bugger that you gave that ticket just because he was not admitting his deed !just one that stands up above the rest
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #30
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I am not as lucky as you. I got pulled over three times since 1990. No warning. I got the tickets that I deserved.

Your car is red. Nuf said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #31
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I lived in CA for forty years and got pulled over once when I hit the gas in the number 1 and the CHP was behind me. Damn!
Their primary purpose is to nab reckless idiots and dudes doing 88 in a commuter lane. You can always do 75-80 but 88 in a red car is a no no. I called in a DUI once (they love those) but dispatch told me the unit was “out of area”. I was giving dispatch the mile markers. When the CHP cruiser went by me, he was doing at least 100. Love those guys and gals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #32
pogie_boy

Drives: 2013 2LT RS CRT
I've been pulled over.... quite a few times over the years. The only time I got a ticket was a town cop who was running a speed trap on 495 in Milton or something like that 15 years ago. I was driving my 2001 Chevy S10 with a 4 banger and I had just crested a hill winding the thing out trying to stay with traffic. Granted it was the sporty looking model, but If I was doing 75 I was lucky. that guy was out to get somebody and I just stood out like a red rocket.

Yes sir, no sir, thank you... Is all you need to say, but you gotta say it nice.
pogie_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 PM   #33
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
When I was just a pup, my driving style was a little more spirited than legally acceptable. By the time I was 20, I had been pulled over more than 50 times (my record was being red- lighted four times in one evening).

However, the vast majority of those times I was not issued a citation. I got a lot of warnings and lectures, but, being polite, honest, respectful, and humble saved me from a lot of actual tickets.

It took me a few years to figure out that another good way to avoid citations is by not driving like a jackass, but eventually, that concept did sink in. I might get pulled over once every two or three years now, generally for speeding, but, as always, respect has kept those from becoming costly tickets.

I'm also fairly certain that cops will pull people over for "lesser' offenses, and will typically let them off with a verbal after finding the driver sober, with paperwork in order, no clouds of pot smoke billowing out of the window. However, if you get pulled over for rolling a stop sign, for doing 5 MPH over the limit, or because you forgot to signal and any of the bigger offenses are discovered then, well... count on legal issues!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #34
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
So I went down to San Diego again this weekend with the wife, this time to buy a new truck and I was showing her were the guy pulled me over. We get a few miles past that point and there he is again in the carpool lane with someone pulled over. I was not in the Camaro this time however. Their revenue must have been down last year so they must be trying to start off the new year with a bang or something.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:34 AM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Op they just released the cruiser dash cam video...now we can see what you really did....yes I may have posted this before.

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #36
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan2 View Post
So I went down to San Diego again this weekend with the wife, this time to buy a new truck and I was showing her were the guy pulled me over. We get a few miles past that point and there he is again in the carpool lane with someone pulled over. I was not in the Camaro this time however. Their revenue must have been down last year so they must be trying to start off the new year with a bang or something.
I haven't been pulled over in my Camaro yet (knock on wood), but every local LEO ran my plates when I bought the car. Starting when I drove off the lot. I wasn't 2 blocks away and stopped at a RR crossing. When I was watching the rear view an LEO stopped a length or so behind me and I watched him run the plates. The dealers have it down these days now with the internet. My registration had been transferred and they had sent all the information to my insurance company and could tell me what my new rate would be. When I called them all I had to do was verify that I had traded.

My wife mentioned a few days later how something must have happened in the neighborhood, she kept seeing the squads patrolling. I knew they were scoping the new Camaro on the driveway, but I didn't tell her that.

I took the wife's car over for gas one Saturday and when I walked in to pay a stranger asked, "Where is your Camaro?" "I'm trying to avoid the police." I joked. We talked cars for a few minutes. He knew how many Camaros and Mustangs were in our subdivision which is when I realized he was an LEO.

Some months later I pulled up behind an LEO at a stop signal to turn right. After we went around the corner he drove ~10 under. I knew what he wanted so I passed him, moved back to the right lane and set the cruise on the speed limit in front of him. A couple of minutes later he sped past me and I thought, "We must have a new officer in town."

It isn't unusual for an LEO to stake out the same spot often. Sometimes they are in the same place, at the same time, every day for a week. Usually it is enough to cause most drivers to slow down in the area.

I read an interview with some state troopers who explained why they are assigned to specific places. Most of the time it had to do with the frequency of accidents. Sometimes it is a crack-down because average speeds had grown too much. Or there had been recent developments in an area, so there was more traffic and more intersections and driveways.

One trooped mentioned how he stopped the same driver, in the same place, at the same time, three times in four days
Old 01-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #37
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocktwin View Post
My father taught all 4 of us boys (and we all had a sports car of some kind) when you get pulled over, and you will, drop your window, take off sunglasses if you have them on, put both hands of the wheel where the officer can see them, tell the TRUTH because he already knows, and always talk with respect no sir, yes sir. I have been stopped a few times over the years for nothing crazy but I remember my Dad's words and I always have received a warning. My last ticket was in 1990 and I deserved it, but still the officer was pretty cool and I even said I was sorry for being an idiot. He laughed and shook my hand. I saw him for a few years on that same stretch of road and we always waved. Officers have a tough job and we want them there when we need them so we need to respect them for what they do when we don't!
Very well said, and very true as well. Been on both sides over the years.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #38
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
I got caught doing 84 on I90 through upstate NY once. I got off with an inspection ticket as my wife's new company car had been registered without being inspected first. I got it inspected that day and didn't have to pay any fines. I told him the truth that I was just trying to get away from someone else who was driving erratically and he started looking for other things to give me a warning or ticket for.

When I was young I was given a ticket for a cracked windshield - it was chipped in the corner. I was doing 55 in a 35 zone through my hometown in the country. That cop was pretty cool. I remembered seeing him around my high school years before.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #39
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
This past summer I received my first ticket in this Camaro. I just finished watching Baby Driver at the movie theater, so I was on a car movie adrenaline rush. Then on my way home a C6 Z06 blew past me doing about a 100. I put the pedal to the floor got up to about 136, He was still pulling and I was so nervous going that fast that I backed off coming near a long sweeping bend on the highway, and I had no idea how fast I was going at that point, but the officer down the road did.

I pulled off the exit right next to him so we both could be off the highway. I forgot it was the Wednesday night tuner meet right off that exit there always is a cop there. He clocked me doing 86 in a 55. I was actually happy, lol. I pulled out my friends PBA card and he wrote me for a seat belt. It was like $90. Needless to say I haven't done that again.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #40
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
With all due respect, do you have breasts? Sorry, I’m not sure I know a male that’s ever gotten off with a warning. Good banter about football or cars, yes. But I still got cuffed and or ticketed. Jus sayin...
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #41
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Got pulled over once, real early am on way to work. I was running late since I noticed one tire almost flat in driveway. Damn gotta stop at gas station for quick fill. I didn't fill all the way up so low tire pressure warning where digi speed shows. Got pulled over goin 7 miles over. Told him my tail of whoa and that I didn't realize I was going that fast & showed him my dash. He ran my license and came up clean. Told me to slow down and have a better day. I just made it to work on time.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #42
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Haven’t been pulled over in the camaro yet and it has been close to 4 years already. Some have waved when they were next to me but don’t think expect a guy with spiked hair driving a vert lol. Plus our town has a lot of sports and muscle cars, and we know not to do dumb stuff unless it’s a fart can car or someone thinking they will race anyone.