Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Angry I'M EFFING PISSED!!!!

What a surprise, right?

Here's the deal: I had the "Service Airbag" light come on! Holy crap, right? So I though, "Hmm...maybe I should take it to the dealership." So I get up today and drive over to the nearest Chevy dealership. I'm greated by the "Service" Advisor and explain to him that I had the light on. All this fool tells me is, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do...the guy that works on this kind of stuff isn't here today." ........Okay...this fool doesn't even give me any kind of option or recommendation on what I can do!!!! That's all he said, "there's nothing we can do..." WTMFF?!??!?!?!?!?

I came home and sent an email to the dealership (which I know won't do anything, but worth a shot) explaining as calmly as I could on how infuriated I was...do you guys think this was too harsh?

Quote:
I went in on Saturday, July 17th at 8am in the morning because I had a safety concern on my Camaro. I had the "Service Airbag" light on in my car and naturally, I believed this to be a major safety hazard not only to myself, but for my passengers as well. I naively believed that your Service Department would be able to assist me in this situation, but all I received from the only Service Advisor available at the time was, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do for you." What kind of service is this? I came in with a safety concern and your service advisor couldn't even give me any kind of recommendation on what to do! I believe this is a MAJOR failing point in this service department. I WILL NEVER bring my vehicle for service here and I will advise all other 2010 Camaro owners to stay away from your dealership. Congratulations! You've just lost a lot of very loyal customers ______...
(No, not a cuss word at the end, I inserted the dealership name)

Did I go overboard? Maybe, but I don't think anybody should let a customer walk away with that kind of safety concern. I know I'm gonna get burned by some here, but I needed to vent.

/Rant

Discuss
Old 07-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Damn, sorry to hear that man! Surely there should be someone there that knows how to hook up a computer and at least tell you that everything is ok or that you need to leave it there. Sorry to hear about that kind of service. Not that this will clear your code, but if you hit your OnStar button they can at least tell you what the problem might be.
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Press the OnStar button and ask them to run a diagnostic on your car.

We'd appreciate if you could share what service department this is. Camaro5 members should not go to bad dealers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Yeah, I pressed the OnStar button and they told me that it could possibly mean that "the airbag system might be faulty..." But they couldn't tell if something was loose or if the airbag might blow up in my face at any moment

The dealership in question was Selman Chevrolet in Orange, CA. I just wasn't sure if I could drop names. Thanks guys! I was seriously debating if I should conjure up what I learned from my cussing-mentor, Christian Bale
Old 07-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have said this time and time again, but it is worth posting here again. I am a big fan of finding a dealer and establishing a relationship with them, especially the service department. Get to know the team you are dealing with and make sure you trust them. That is why I went out of my way to go to a different dealer - because I didn't trust the one that was closest to me. JMHO.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
I understand how you would be concerned about this. It's a safety feature meant to protect the passenger and its not working correctly. There is nothing wrong letting the dealer know what's important to you and how you felt about the way you were treated. The email is respectful.

I personally don't think it would be enough for me to ban them all together, but that's just me.

Now for the airbag warning... if this is still happening move the seat forward a little. Reach your hand under there and check to ensure the connections are tight. My warning has come on when the seat is in the full rear position. Once I moved the seat and checked the connections, it was fine. This happened twice and not again since. I've had it a year.

Good Luck and try to make the best of your day!!!!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have said this time and time again, but it is worth posting here again. I am a big fan of finding a dealer and establishing a relationship with them, especially the service department. Get to know the team you are dealing with and make sure you trust them. That is why I went out of my way to go to a different dealer - because I didn't trust the one that was closest to me. JMHO.
Good advise CamaroPete. I had a lousy (to say the least) experience with my dealership sales staff, but have found a great person in their service department so I ask that only he service my car (so far he's only changed the oil), but I had a favorable experience with him. Good Luck...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Sorry to hear about your troubles Yoshi. Thankfully I haven't had any issues yet, but that would tick me off too. Are there any other dealers you could bring it to?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Dude, that's messed up!!!

It's really disappointing how hard it is to find a Good/Reilable service department!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #10
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
I had troubles too, not to that degree on my end though. My local dealership had good customer service, but fell short on car service.

I was having trouble with my Halos and could only make it on Saturdays, I called and went to 3 dealers with no luck on a technician on Saturday.

"Sorry, there is nothing we can do, come back during the week when the electrical technician is here. We mainly do car service, like oil changes or things of that nature on the weekend."

If that was the case, they should have gone out and helped out at the gulf..... This is not thrashing on the guys, but the dealership or headquarters or management, who even though they are open for business, are limited on the services.

Anyways, I did go to another dealership during the week and really started to develope a relationship with the service guy, and it makes a difference as stated above by our fellow member.

Good luck and hopefully other members can shine some light on this.

Be safe.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
jmjackso

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
My light came on like that actually before I just so happen to run off the road. Mine did this and then I just so happened to hit some water in a turn and go of the road into a cattle fence. The airbags all depolyed except the drivers airbag in the steering wheel. It did deploy but AFTER the car came to a stop and when it did.. It looked like a child trying to blow up a balloon. Thankfully it was not needed but thats what happened after my "check your airbags" message came on and I accidentially tested it to see what would happen..
jmjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
BOULI306

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Personally i think a "relationship" will always be fake one. Dealers want to make money after all and will do a lot to get that!! I heard lots of people say "i trust my dealer" well that's just . When i saw the amounts of money they had to pay for very simple repairs.........just never trust a dealer. The only thing that can help is that you (or anybody with you) has a good technical level themselves. Than you know you get screwed when you hear their story!

As far as i am concerned a honest dealer is as hard to find as a unicorn!!!

Just my opinion
BOULI306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Its the weekend. Most service departments are very limited on the weekend.....if they are even open at all. Go back monday. Problem solved.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that sux