Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-18-2015, 04:14 AM   #197
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
Im back, lol...

Ipf sent me an updated tune about a month ago and i was finally able to reinstall everything and load the tune...it seems better but still bouncing...it will bounce around, then once it idles down it goes smooth for a minute or so and stays constant, then it starts to bounce again between 500 and 750+ in a consistent pattern...

Here is a video of the idle (tried to do boost/vac too but it was too dark)

http://youtu.be/RpAqqT75CgE

So my question now is if i were to buy a data logging program, would it show me where something was off? Also, what would be a good program to purchase if so?

Thanks!

Exact same issue here. Haven't figured it out yet. Will update when I (hopefully) do. Lmk if you figure anything out before I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #198
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I have had an idle oscillation on a few tunes which we could not figure out. Running IPF tune V60C1D, it will oscillate after hot. But will settle after a few seconds most of the time. I'm running a standard with stock headers. It seems the others I know running headers haven't had the oscillation ?
Old 04-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #199
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Man a surging or bouncing idle would drive me crazy.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #200
Nutbutt

Any updates on your idle oscillation ???
Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 PM   #201
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
Waiting to hear back from ipf, i kinda feel bad buggin them, but i figure for 4-500 bucks for the tune i can bug them a few times lol...car is back to stock right now til i get anything from ipf...good thing is im getting real good with putting on and taking off the supercharger, hahaa
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #202
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I have had an idle oscillation on a few tunes which we could not figure out. Running IPF tune V60C1D, it will oscillate after hot. But will settle after a few seconds most of the time. I'm running a standard with stock headers. It seems the others I know running headers haven't had the oscillation ?
I have headers and whatever tune I'm running I haven't had any issues. only issue I seem to be having it the car prematurely releasing boost under loaf before shifting or the engine reducing power (not a reduce power light just feels like it's choking) J&M suspects it to be the torque management on the car cutting the power. can't wait for the HP tune and get rid of ipf
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #203
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
I have headers and whatever tune I'm running I haven't had any issues. only issue I seem to be having it the car prematurely releasing boost under loaf before shifting or the engine reducing power (not a reduce power light just feels like it's choking) J&M suspects it to be the torque management on the car cutting the power. can't wait for the HP tune and get rid of ipf
What's the current status of HP Tuners getting a solution for us LLT's with tuning issues? Last I remember they had a decent beta going.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #204
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Probably no more will be developed
Old 04-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #205
Nutbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
Waiting to hear back from ipf, i kinda feel bad buggin them, but i figure for 4-500 bucks for the tune i can bug them a few times lol...car is back to stock right now til i get anything from ipf...good thing is im getting real good with putting on and taking off the supercharger, hahaa

Does the oscillation go away or get better when you turn on the AIr Conditioning ? The extra load should help.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #206
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
I tried that and it honestly didnt make a difference...if i give it gas it goes away for a bit, but will also start stumbling with the gas...im wondering if it has anything to do with spark or gas...
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #207
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
There is a vacuum line that runs from the intake manifold to the bypass valve. You T-line into that, which most boost gauges come with the T fitting.

It is real simple and adds 40 HP.
The PLX Boost Sensor Module I just got in the mail did not come with a T fitting. Do you know what the diameter of the vacuum line is?
On that note, do you know what the gray "termination jumper" wire is and where I am supposed to connect it coming out of the module?
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #208
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
1/8" for the vacuum line I believe. You can always take in the old one to O'Reilly's and compare it to the ones they have to see for sure.

The termination jumper isn't a wire, its a small black plastic piece with metal contacts in the side, very small. You place it on the last box in a daisy chain if you have more than one so the sensors can talk to each other.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #209
djrasras

So if I am not connecting the afr module and boost sensor module together, just don't do anything?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #210
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Yeah