Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #15
Hagels316

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
I like the sound of Flowmaster, but I wanted 304 stainless. I went with stainless works b/c of this reason.

Here is a sound clip of my car with stainless works catback paired with kooks longtubes and green cats (warm start up).

Hagels316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #16
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
I'm about to be selling my Stainless Works axleback. They are off the car but I still want to wash off the dirt and shine them up. It's perfect condition but it is 3". You would have to call Stainless Works to order the 3"-2.75" reducers if you wanted to connect it to the stock exhaust and not the stainless works x-pipe. Let me know if interested and I'll send pics. It was too loud and bassy for me with Stainless works headers, cats, and xpipe so I put the stock muffler back on.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Going to be upgrading factory NPP very soon. Keeping the factory manifolds and primary cats for now, and want to keep both my NPP and AFM functional. Have narrowed it down to one of these two systems, but having a tough time deciding which way to go....

Flowmaster American Thunder w/NPP (817746)
Flowmaster Scavenge X-pipe w/AFM (81084)
Borla Secondary Cat Delete pipes (60626)

or

Stainless Works Full Cat-Back w/ NPP & AFM (CA16AVCB)

Basically, I can get the full Stainless Works system for only $200 more than the Flowmaster/Borla system. I'm pretty sure the SW system is probably better quality, and it is 304 SS vs. 409 SS on the Flowmaster system. But after listening to quite a few video clips (I know, I know, that's not a reliable reference source.... but it's all I have), I think I like the sound of the Flowmaster system a little better, sounds a little "deeper".....as far as I can tell from the sound clips. Plus, I've read a few complaints on this forum about highway drone with the SW system.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated....
If you're still looking for additional information on our American Thunder Axle-back system you can give us a call at 707-544-4761 and our knowledgeable Support Staff can help you out with any exhaust questions that you may have. Don't forget your Camaro6 forum discount on direct purchases!

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #18
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
@flowmaster where’s my sponsorship, Been getting you customers left and right

I gotta upload a video with the H pipe installed , sound away better now. I have video on my iPhone but the iPhone catches every other sound especially the wind so it doesn’t sound as clear as this video up here ( shot on a galaxy)
We really appreciate the love that you've given us on the Camaro6 forum. I took a peek at your Instagram account and your Camaro is pretty epic. Love the flat red stripes against the gloss red paint! Thanks again for your support!

- Jason @ Flowmaster

Last edited by Tech@Flowmaster; 04-10-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote