Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #1
travisD

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Where do my fender skirts connect to?

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2010 RS and while looking it over I noticed that both my front fender skirts (wheel well) aren't connected to anything. They are just rattling around in there. I don't even see how or where they should be connected to the front quarters. I purchased the manual and cant seem to locate the issue in there. Any Ideas?
travisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #2
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
When I did my Suspension mods, I know there are (5) outboard T20 torx screws holding the liner at the fender lip areas [(3) front, (2) rear], and (5) push pin retainers at various inner locations holding the liner to the frame structure. I don't have specific pics, but the fastener count will at least let you know how many you need to secure it properly. Just look for holes in the liner that have nothing in them and stick a pick through it to see where the underlying attachment points in the structure are.
hesster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
travisD

Thanks for the info. I see where the Torx and retainers should go on the fender liner however, there is nothing on the front fender to attach them to. Did something fall off that was attached to the inner fenders that I would connect to? Its just the 3 in the front I'm referring to. The rears are fine.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
yes, there is, maybe someone did some mods ? or did your car have some accident repairs ? I have had mine off and on their are definite attachment points,
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
travisD

Front end repair, maybe before I owned it. I should have a shop look into it. Yeah, nothing in there to connect to. I'll dig a bit deeper to see what it is I'm missing.... Thanks.!!