#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #15
Sinester17

Drives: 2017 Summit white ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I don't really have a problem with the shifter in my 2018 ZL1 M6, but I don't like the shift knob at all. I want to put an 8-ball from Epco in mine.

So, I just ordered this: https://bartonshifters.com/shop?olsF...t-knob-adapter

I will post something here if it really does fit. It is supposed to fit the Gen 6 SS and I cannot imagine that the shift handle is different between the ZL1 and SS. The shifter mechanism... maybe, but the knob and shaft I find highly unlikely.

Like I said, I have already ordered mine and will let you all know if it fits. And I will post pictures.
Please do! I’m indifferent about the knob but I’m used to having a round weighted ball from TWM
Sinester17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #16
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repman View Post
I called they said most likely they will not be making a shifter for the gen 6 ZL1 because the install would be horrendous ( drop the tranny ) and they did not feel people would be anxious to buy it
It is a real pain to change the shifter in a 6thGen. Not something you want to do in a driveway yourself. Having a shop do it will probably be 4-6 hours labor.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #17
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I don't really have a problem with the shifter in my 2018 ZL1 M6, but I don't like the shift knob at all. I want to put an 8-ball from Epco in mine.

So, I just ordered this: https://bartonshifters.com/shop?olsF...t-knob-adapter

I will post something here if it really does fit. It is supposed to fit the Gen 6 SS and I cannot imagine that the shift handle is different between the ZL1 and SS. The shifter mechanism... maybe, but the knob and shaft I find highly unlikely.

Like I said, I have already ordered mine and will let you all know if it fits. And I will post pictures.

Sweet.. I plan on doing the same thing, I prefer a ball-type knob. Let us know if it works, and post up pics please.
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #18
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS

Here's a link to the installation instructions for the Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter. As you can see the driveshaft gets removed and the rear of the transmission needs to drop down. Not exactly an easy installation without the benefit of a lift, support jacks and a buddy or two.

While we do not have a replacement shifter for the 6th gen Camaro ZL1, we do our best to test fit our products between similar models or across manufacturer lines. Since our Camaro SS shifter (part# 3916031) is specifically for the SS model there is most likely interference with something on the undercarriage or possibly a difference in shifter mounting locations that inhibit installation, not necessarily due to the complexity of the install.

- Jason @ Hurst
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #19
Tech@HurstPerformance

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Calling all 2016-2018 Camaro ZL1 Owners!

We have recently confirmed that our Hurst Billet Plus Shifters (part# 3916031-Classic White Hurst Ball and part# 3916131-Black Hurst Pistol Shifter) will properly fit the 2017-2018 Camaro ZL1 Supercharged models.

Questions? Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.hurst-shifters.com for additional application and product information.
Tech@HurstPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote