Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #365
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Ruby if it has a snell rating there will be a sticker on the inside of the helmet usually under the pads. Look where the pads meet the mesh lining you should be able to pull it back and reveal the snell rating sticker. I attached an example of what you're looking for.
Attached Images

xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #366
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I have never had the M refused at a track day and it's totally NHRA leagal for most car's that are NA. The only real difference between M and SA is the SA inner lining is more fire resistant.

I've never had my M refused at a track either.

However, ....no one ever came up and asked me for my helmet to check it out. In fact, my helmet is over 15 years old but just looking at it, you can't tell. I truly is time to get a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I was referring to a post that I had just read & now can't find where it was indicating we would need tow hooks & track insurance. I have also had folks tell me I should at least upgrade to DOT 4 brake fluid, preferably better brake pads & ideally stainless steel brake lines. That last part gets pricey!
You don't NEED tow hooks or track insurance. It was just highly recommended. In the event you have a mechanical break down or put the car into a wall, the insurance would cover it. Tow hooks will help to get the car out of the wall, tires, etc, without causing more damage. That was all. Not mandatory, but recommended.

TWO SPOTS LEFT!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #367
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

16) ehcsa5
24) SoChrisB +2
37) skipinminn
45) RobG
Old 03-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #368
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
16) ehcsa5
24) SoChrisB +2
37) skipinminn
45) RobG
I almost feel like place bets the +2 from SoChrisB is SOL.

Ok I think will be: RobG and one from outside the list.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #369
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLDaFieL View Post
I almost feel like place bets the +2 from SoChrisB is SOL.

Ok I think will be: RobG and one from outside the list.
Well that's what the initial list was for. To notify when payments started. All should be aware.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #370
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...SoChrisB just sent me a pm asking if there were still spots left saying he was on a business trip and didn't know about the paid sign ups through the store.

SO...

Chris will be paying shortly and might even close the event out!!

I WIN! HA! lol
Old 03-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #371
2011Black2SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I was referring to a post that I had just read & now can't find where it was indicating we would need tow hooks & track insurance. I have also had folks tell me I should at least upgrade to DOT 4 brake fluid, preferably better brake pads & ideally stainless steel brake lines. That last part gets pricey!
The brake lines are not needed unless you plan on really pushing the car. I use a specific set of track pads (Hawk DTC 60), but you don't need to. I would at least just have an extra set of stock pads with you just in case you get low on pads, but I doubt you will. The DOT 4 brake fluid would be a good upgrade if you haven't replaced your brake fluid in a while. Biggest thing on that is to make sure you have clean brake fluid.

Basically, those things are nice to upgrade if you plan on really pushing your car. If you do spirited driving on back roads with the setup you currently have, I doubt you will push it much more on the track and what you have would work fine.

You don't need a tow hook or track insurance, but it is good to have both just in case. I haven't put a tow hook on my car yet and I have done a few track days with it. I do plan on getting one before August, but that's only because I plan to track my car a lot more. I usually get track insurance for me even though I haven't needed it, but it is there just in case.
2011Black2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #372
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
That would definitely be a plus for me as I don't track mine so very often & I got the helmet I have to ride on hubby's motorcycle with him. Especially since I just noticed additional insurance (a good idea, but another expense) and toe hooks. I have wanted to get toe hooks but had not planned on getting them right now, plus getting them installed. Starting to get discouraged here.

Are there any other V6'ers planning to do the NCM track or am I the only brave soul?
I'm in Ruby, can't wait to really try out the BMR suspension kit I had JDP Motorsports install last summer. I'm sure they will be getting more of my money before Fest time. I am going to upgrade some of my braking systems, as that seems to be my weakest link right now.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #373
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
I debated on where to post these pics but decided here since this is where we have been discussing it. I assumed my helmet was an "M" since we bought it at a motorcycle shop. Mike said he was not sure as it was a pretty good helmet we bought. I got it out & looked at it today & it is not clear by the markings. There is a tag with an "M" but Mike said that is the size (it does have the size dimensions of the helmet on the back of that same tag. Here are pics of the helmet. I also have a couple of face shields one that retracts & one that snaps on. I hope it will work.
Ruby I have my old open faced helmet that you are welcome to borrow for C5Fest. Just remind me a few days before and I'll bring it. The only issue is that it might be too big. It's a size Large, but that translates to 7&3/8 - 7&3/4. In case that is helpful, you are welcome to it. (or anyone else that needs a helmet and wants to borrow mine). Never been crashed
Attached Images

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #374
SilverMike

Drives: Silver 2011 Camaro
Looks like a blast. I definitely want to do either the track or the autocross, but I don't need both. Looks like slots for the track are close to sold out (if not sold out already). How you do you sign up for the autocross? If there are still spots available for either I can fully pay by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for any help!
SilverMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #375
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMike View Post
Looks like a blast. I definitely want to do either the track or the autocross, but I don't need both. Looks like slots for the track are close to sold out (if not sold out already). How you do you sign up for the autocross? If there are still spots available for either I can fully pay by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for any help!
Two spots left for Thursday.

Friday and Saturday by itself will be $100 (two day pass for auto x and 1/4 mile drags and that will be taken care of at the event as you enter. If we can get some pre-sold Thursday night at the host hotel like we have done the last couple of years, then we will be able to move cars in much faster the morning of.

But if you want to join up on the NCM track, it'll be $200 for the single day. 5 sessions of 15 minute pedal to the metal having a blast around the NCM track or quite a few 1:30 second auto x sessions at Beech Bend? Hrm... Either way, it's gonna be a blast!!!
Old 03-15-2015, 10:59 PM   #376
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Brake lines and DOT 4 fluid.

We were running down here in San Marcos a while back...Harris Hills Raceway.. 4 20 minute sessions of balls to the wall. It was the last session towards the end that made me change my mind about brake fluid forever... We were hitting about 85 heading for a 90 degree turn and I went to hit my brakes again. TO THE FLOOR, they went. All i could think of was...

OH SH!T!!!!

I take some hard turns, but that one I took at that turn was SHARP and boy did we slide! I knew at that moment I had to shut her down. I slowed down and got that car off the track. You want to talk about close calls? Yeah. I boiled my brake fluid. I immediately upgraded to SS brake lines and DOT 4 Superblue brake fluid. Never a problem since. Now...on the ZL1, I need to get some stuff done before we go. DOT 4 for sure and maybe some SS brake lines. Maybe a new set of tires either right before or right after all the racing up there. We'll see.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #377
SilverMike

Drives: Silver 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Two spots left for Thursday.

Friday and Saturday by itself will be $100 (two day pass for auto x and 1/4 mile drags and that will be taken care of at the event as you enter. If we can get some pre-sold Thursday night at the host hotel like we have done the last couple of years, then we will be able to move cars in much faster the morning of.

But if you want to join up on the NCM track, it'll be $200 for the single day. 5 sessions of 15 minute pedal to the metal having a blast around the NCM track or quite a few 1:30 second auto x sessions at Beech Bend? Hrm... Either way, it's gonna be a blast!!!
Oh nice, then I will sign up shortly! This will be my first time at a camarofest or event a track with my camaro, so I'm quite the beginner when it comes to this. You mentioned 5 sessions of 15 mins each, so does that mean we're just running laps around the track for 15 mins? Also, is it possible to have a passenger in the car or is that usually not allowed? Thanks!

EDIT: Signed up! order number 782 Beginners class definitely for me.

Last edited by SilverMike; 03-16-2015 at 05:05 PM.
SilverMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #378
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Done!! signed up #783

See you all there!!

I'd like to run in a beginners class possibly
because I don't know the track I don't want
to screw up.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote