Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #57
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
AWD is full time (think Subarus, etc.)......
This is what I was thinking... it's AWD all the time. Having said that, I owned a 1993 (I think) Grand Caravan AWD for a year or so - bought it new. It was a wonderful vehicle, especially when I was going "home" (Upstate NY) for Christmas every year. Great in the snow. As I understood it, all wheels had AWD engaged all the time but a computer determined how to apply the appropriate amount of "drive" depending on detected slippage, cornering requirements, etc. It was pretty cool... but it was a Minivan... not a sports car.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #58
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I'll make everyone in here cringe. I'd buy a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Camaro! It would handle better in Snow. But, then again, the 6th Gen's have a "Snow & Ice" Mode as one of their driving modes, so that could help too.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #59
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I'm torn. AWD LT-1 SS would be a beast. I don't think I would pay the premium for it though.

If they do it, it better be available up to an SS. If it's a v6 / T4 only thing it's DOA.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #60
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I'll make everyone in here cringe. I'd buy a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Camaro! It would handle better in Snow. But, then again, the 6th Gen's have a "Snow & Ice" Mode as one of their driving modes, so that could help too.
"Snow & Ice" mode cuts the V8s and V6s down to two cylinders.... I4 down to one.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #61
f1seb

Drives: 335i
I voted yes.
f1seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #62
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Keep the tradition. AWD Camaro? What's next, women voting?

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:21 PM   #63
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I've said all along and suggested that since Alpha offers AWD GM should offer it. One a competitive advantage for I4 and V6 buyers over a Mustang.

What a great way to extend the brand.

Fools if they don't offer it in the I4 and V6 models.

Of course if they want to offer it in the SS? I'm in
Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #64
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
I think it's a no brainer to offer it as an option. If you like doing burnouts, stick to the rwd option. AWD would be a step up for sure. Porsche 911 Turbo, Audi RS5, GTR, Lamborghini Aventador, Bugatti Veyron, Audi R8, E63 AMG. AWD rules once you start pushing big power but you have to do it right and try to squeeze every ounce of fat out of the car.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #65
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
AWD Sonic not Camaro
Then again if they offered as a performance package and keep weight similar, I wouldn't mind it.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #66
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
And mid-engine?

:P
That will be reserved for the next generation Vetts.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #67
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
A muscle car isn't just about performance. It's also about aesthetics, sound and "personality." A Camaro that can't do a burnout...seriously?
Burnouts aren't exactly an impressive performance stat. **** I used to flat fry them in a 3rd gen through four gears with half the horsepower. Any pickup truck on the road can do a burnout. I bet I can get my 211,000 mile blazer to fry them. I don't need to spend big bucks to burn rubber.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #68
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
I think it's a no brainer to offer it as an option. If you like doing burnouts, stick to the rwd option. AWD would be a step up for sure. Porsche 911 Turbo, Audi RS5, GTR, Lamborghini Aventador, Bugatti Veyron, Audi R8, E63 AMG. AWD rules once you start pushing big power but you have to do it right and try to squeeze every ounce of fat out of the car.
So because $100K plus cars have it, Camaro should?
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #69
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
So because $100K plus cars have it, Camaro should?
Camaro is NOT a muscle car and Camaro is NOT a sports car.

It is a, however, a performance car. And if AWD improves that performance it should be considered.

GM itself will use sports and muscle when referring to the Camaro. That's just a ploy to make the connection for sales and marketing. But the truth is GM has a true sports car in the Corvette but as the have very few RWD cars to over power with a high HP V8 (that is a muscle car) they can only hope you think the Camaro is both a spirts car and a muscle car.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #70
Grizley

Drives: 2010 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
AWD is full time (think Subarus, etc.)......do you want a 4 wheel drive Camaro? maybe some super swampers on it too?
AWD is either full-time or on demand. My X5 is full-time my wifes Murano is on demand, can be turned on or off with the push of a button.
Grizley is offline   Reply With Quote