Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Angry Me venting about my low down dealer!

I went in on 10/20/2008 and placed my order with the dealer. As most of use have seen, we walk in to the dealership with more info than they have. So I placed my order.

As time went on, I realized, with the help of our beloved CamaroScotty, that my dealer never submitted my order into Workbench. I finally got them to do that.

I then was informed yesterday that their allocation had gone down and that they are no longer offering GMS which I was told and have in writing that they would if GM offered it.

It makes no sense to me because I am their only sold order. They have no other orders and lots of cars on their lot.

I am done now.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Seems you have some very crooked dealers that are willing to sell you out for a few thousand dollars..They do not want your business apparently so I would get your money back and say s#@$w you and walk out of their..You may have to wait a few more months but at least you won't give your business to those crooks, liars and cheats..
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
If i can ask what did your dealer do? Where did he put your order at? if he didn't put it into the workbench.
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Sadly, I'm sure we'll see more of this as dealers realize the prize they will be getting...Fortunately, it will be short lived with the amount of cars produced.

And some will be placing phoney orders to do the EBay mark up thing, or use internet avenues like this one to get top dollar over invoice.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Rocks RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
If i can ask what did your dealer do? Where did he put your order at? if he didn't put it into the workbench.
The have other software that they put the order in and spits out paperwork. They told me that it did not matter because GM was not pulling orders yet. I then asked them because I heard on here people we getting letters and such.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
Rocks RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Sadly, I'm sure we'll see more of this as dealers realize the prize they will be getting...Fortunately, it will be short lived with the amount of cars produced.

And some will be placing phoney orders to do the EBay mark up thing, or use internet avenues like this one to get top dollar over invoice.
I am appalled and saddened by the greed out there, but not surprised.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
Well now ya got me wondering if mine was put in correct. The thing my dealer gave me says prelimenary order does that sound correct? It has a order number.
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlock83 View Post
Well now ya got me wondering if mine was put in correct. The thing my dealer gave me says prelimenary order does that sound correct? It has a order number.
That sounds right.

Anyone that is unsure, give your order # in the thread where the member is looking up and posting the info on your order for you. Easiest way to be sure it's really entered at the moment.

Aside from having received both letters from GM anyway (I've received mine yay).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdawg View Post
I went in on 10/20/2008 and placed my order with the dealer. As most of use have seen, we walk in to the dealership with more info than they have. So I placed my order.

As time went on, I realized, with the help of our beloved CamaroScotty, that my dealer never submitted my order into Workbench. I finally got them to do that.

I then was informed yesterday that their allocation had gone down and that they are no longer offering GMS which I was told and have in writing that they would if GM offered it.

It makes no sense to me because I am their only sold order. They have no other orders and lots of cars on their lot.

I am done now.
Did your original buyers order state you would be gettting GMS or did it state MSRP?

If you have something in writing, you have a better case but if most of it is verbal, oh well.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdawg View Post
If you have it in writing that they would accept it, they have to. If they still refuse tell them that you will be calling your states Attorney General and that you will see them in court.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
Rocks RS

On my paperwork he wrote both the MSRP and the GMS prices because at the time no one knew if they were going to offer GMS on the Camaro.

I am going to go to a new dealer. F them!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
It is sad that there will be plenty more of these threads over the next few months.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
After you go to the other dealer, if you so feel inclined I would write GM and your BBB and let both know what a slime ball dealer this dealer is.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
Rocks RS

I was thinking a letter to the editor in the local news paper.