Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #1401
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I read that. Will be checking as soon as I get home. Whats odd to me is that it clears up... unless, when the fluid gets hot, it thins out and doesnt have the problem anymore??? Thoughts on that? I will check the fluid and report back.
That’s a good theory. I read where some were using syringes to extract old fluid and replacing with new fluid to resolve their clutch issues but I would still have the dealership do it so they have a record of the issues. Many including me think the single shared reservoir for brake and clutch fluid was not a great decision. I guess this same issue exists on newer Vettes from what I have read.

I am no expert though, just read a lot.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

Last edited by CamaroSS_LS3; 10-02-2009 at 12:25 PM.
CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #1402
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
That’s a good theory. I read where some were using syringes to extract old fluid and replacing with new fluid to resolve their clutch issues but I would still have the dealership do it so they have a record of the issues. Many including me think the single shared reservoir for brake and clutch fluid was not a great decision. I guess this same issue exists on newer Vettes from what I have read.

I am no expert though, just read a lot.
I read alot too on this subject too. I read the syringe thread. I am going to look at it when I get home and change it out if it is not light yellow as you say. I have cattle syringes so I can extract the old fluid pretty easy. I am thinking that could be the problem. We shall see.

I never had an issue on the Corvette. I think you are correct though, shared resivior, bad idea.

I am of the thought the less the dealership touches my cars the better. I have little faith in them. I do all my own services on all our vehicles with the exception of our truck. Its a 2006 Ram 2500 diesel and frankly I don't feel like messing with it! Brakes, oil changes, tune ups... I have done that on the IROC, Honda and Jeep. I have done a lot on the IROC and Jeep. Both seem to always need something!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #1403
CamaroSS_LS3

Quote:
I read alot too on this subject too. I read the syringe thread. I am going to look at it when I get home and change it out if it is not light yellow as you say. I have cattle syringes so I can extract the old fluid pretty easy. I am thinking that could be the problem. We shall see.

I never had an issue on the Corvette. I think you are correct though, shared resivior, bad idea.

I am of the thought the less the dealership touches my cars the better. I have little faith in them. I do all my own services on all our vehicles with the exception of our truck. Its a 2006 Ram 2500 diesel and frankly I don't feel like messing with it! Brakes, oil changes, tune ups... I have done that on the IROC, Honda and Jeep. I have done a lot on the IROC and Jeep. Both seem to always need something!

OK keep me posted on your results of fluid color and if you change it did it help. I am a little concerned about my fluid color but so far no noticeable issues. I’m sure you saw in that thread how after changing the fluid they pump their clutch to work the new fluid through.
I don’t like taking my car in for service for every little quirk or strange sound either.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #1404
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
My car has a date/time stamp of 8/4, 7:45am. My car was one of the first built on the day back from a long weekend! Completed getting built and shipped 8/5. I am on the fence as to whats worse a monday morning (or in my case tuesday after a holiday) or a friday afternoon car!
Yes, but your car shares my daughter's birthday!

And I think it's better off than a Friday afternoon. I don't know about you, but I'm much more in a frame of mind to do work on Monday morning than on Friday afternoon. Or maybe that's not saying much...
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #1405
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
OK keep me posted on your results of fluid color and if you change it did it help. I am a little concerned about my fluid color but so far no noticeable issues. I’m sure you saw in that thread how after changing the fluid they pump their clutch to work the new fluid through.
I don’t like taking my car in for service for every little quirk or strange sound either.
So, like a school boy I rush home to check the fluid...

Not too bad i don't think. I got the car out and went for a ride. No issues at all. Flawless smooth starts, abouo 10 times. Maybe I was just out of practice. I don't know. I will try again when it gets down to like 40 as it was yesterday morning when I noticed the issue. Hell that was at 6am, maybe I was just tired. It was perfect today, 66 degrees so said the car. Time will tell but I don't think I have any problems.

How much darker is yours than mine? Mine is darker than fresh but not enough to change. I have plenty of DOT 3 in the garage but don't feel it is bad enough to mess with.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #1406
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
The big reveal! For the SW Ohio Folks

Followed camaro5 for awhile now reading and learning, some may know that I got my wife 2LT IOM (NMFQPP) for her birthday (#50 on 9/21). Here is the rest of the story! I ordered on blind faith, never test drove, just looked and sat in one. We stopped by the dealership and the owner’s was on showroom! We walked in and she froze in-place, and said in a whisper “I like this car!” I ordered on Jul 3rd and told could take 3 months maybe less. Went back next day (without b-day girl), dealer had allocation (no games from dealer) and I put 500.00 down and walked out fat dumb and happy! Those who have ordered know what came next, the eternal waiting, tracking, waiting still at 1100 and on and on! One day checked in and went to 3000 and had TPW 8/13. Might get it in time for birthday….Then nothing…no 3400….no 3800 and VIN, for two weeks! Did a check on the spastic, nothing? Checked the next day…..BINGO, VIN!!! Got call three days later, cars here!!! WTC, now where do you hide a new Camaro for 3 weeks? (I’m military) Hide it on base, don’t drive it, just look at it! Well, I made it!
Also part 2 of birthday gift is road trip to FL (where we honeymooned, 28 yrs ago), Daughter relocated to TN, 2 weeks before and needed her stuff moved down on Sep 19th….combine trip, drop her stuff in TN and climb in Camaro and head south! Moved the car from the base on Thursday( hidden at nursing home) in town, sneak out late Friday night, hide car on other side moving truck, do birthday card, wrap key fob in jewelry box, AND DON’T LET WIFE LOOK OUT WINDOWS OR GO OUTSIDE UNTIL SATURDAY MORNING!! Saturday we packed stuff in suitcase and she wanted to put stuff in car! Now is the time> Give her the card, and wrapped box…explain I wanted to do early due to moving daughters stuff, she buys off on that, reads card, looks at box, guesses jewelry, I smile…..she opens finds key fob…looks puzzled… I explain that I got remote start put on her Saturn Ion for birthday…and suggest we go out and try it! She presses the start button and her Saturn does not start….But the hidden out of sight camaro does!... She walks to the front of moving truck, see the camaro and asks “is that a camaro?” I say “NO, it’s your camaro, happy birthday!” She’s got the biggest smile, now! I had our destination downloaded in the OnStar…Needless to say she had a blast on the trip…and I’m her Hero! Best gal in the world, gets the best car on the market! I don’t see her much now…She’s out driving! GO FIGURE! Thanks for letting me bend your ear! Camaro5 folks you rock!
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #1407
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Followed camaro5 for awhile now reading and learning, some may know that I got my wife 2LT IOM (NMFQPP) for her birthday (#50 on 9/21). Here is the rest of the story! I ordered on blind faith, never test drove, just looked and sat in one. We stopped by the dealership and the owner’s was on showroom! We walked in and she froze in-place, and said in a whisper “I like this car!” I ordered on Jul 3rd and told could take 3 months maybe less. Went back next day (without b-day girl), dealer had allocation (no games from dealer) and I put 500.00 down and walked out fat dumb and happy! Those who have ordered know what came next, the eternal waiting, tracking, waiting still at 1100 and on and on! One day checked in and went to 3000 and had TPW 8/13. Might get it in time for birthday….Then nothing…no 3400….no 3800 and VIN, for two weeks! Did a check on the spastic, nothing? Checked the next day…..BINGO, VIN!!! Got call three days later, cars here!!! WTC, now where do you hide a new Camaro for 3 weeks? (I’m military) Hide it on base, don’t drive it, just look at it! Well, I made it!
Also part 2 of birthday gift is road trip to FL (where we honeymooned, 28 yrs ago), Daughter relocated to TN, 2 weeks before and needed her stuff moved down on Sep 19th….combine trip, drop her stuff in TN and climb in Camaro and head south! Moved the car from the base on Thursday( hidden at nursing home) in town, sneak out late Friday night, hide car on other side moving truck, do birthday card, wrap key fob in jewelry box, AND DON’T LET WIFE LOOK OUT WINDOWS OR GO OUTSIDE UNTIL SATURDAY MORNING!! Saturday we packed stuff in suitcase and she wanted to put stuff in car! Now is the time> Give her the card, and wrapped box…explain I wanted to do early due to moving daughters stuff, she buys off on that, reads card, looks at box, guesses jewelry, I smile…..she opens finds key fob…looks puzzled… I explain that I got remote start put on her Saturn Ion for birthday…and suggest we go out and try it! She presses the start button and her Saturn does not start….But the hidden out of sight camaro does!... She walks to the front of moving truck, see the camaro and asks “is that a camaro?” I say “NO, it’s your camaro, happy birthday!” She’s got the biggest smile, now! I had our destination downloaded in the OnStar…Needless to say she had a blast on the trip…and I’m her Hero! Best gal in the world, gets the best car on the market! I don’t see her much now…She’s out driving! GO FIGURE! Thanks for letting me bend your ear! Camaro5 folks you rock!
tuna.. thats a fantastic story ... but you know whats next...

No pics of the car or the unveil

Its ok, I could feel her (and your) excitement just from reading. Sorry you can't make our trip to Hocking but did you suggest it to the wife? You know, Mrs. tunacan is welcome to go with out you.

Enjoy the car... they are great aren't they!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #1408
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
Pics will come soon...Mrs. Tunacan is a drivers ed instructor and she would not go without me...until formal intro's were done...and she has lots of drives to do with students to catch up from the unexpected trip to FL...i will see if she would like to go..after 28 yrs I think I know what she will say...but I* could be wrong
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #1409
CamaroSS_LS3

Quote:
So, like a school boy I rush home to check the fluid...

Not too bad i don't think. I got the car out and went for a ride. No issues at all. Flawless smooth starts, abouo 10 times. Maybe I was just out of practice. I don't know. I will try again when it gets down to like 40 as it was yesterday morning when I noticed the issue. Hell that was at 6am, maybe I was just tired. It was perfect today, 66 degrees so said the car. Time will tell but I don't think I have any problems.

How much darker is yours than mine? Mine is darker than fresh but not enough to change. I have plenty of DOT 3 in the garage but don't feel it is bad enough to mess with.
I think that is about my color now but i thought it was a lighter yellow about a month ago. Sounds like it was just a fluke.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #1410
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Pics will come soon...Mrs. Tunacan is a drivers ed instructor and she would not go without me...until formal intro's were done...and she has lots of drives to do with students to catch up from the unexpected trip to FL...i will see if she would like to go..after 28 yrs I think I know what she will say...but I* could be wrong
I totally understand. My wife wouldnt go without me. Just wanted to extend the offer to her as well. You are both part of the family now!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #1411
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think that is about my color now but i thought it was a lighter yellow about a month ago. Sounds like it was just a fluke.
Oh, so you think thats dark? Man when I replaced it in the Civic and the IROC it was BLACK! My step dad actually burt the fluid in the Civic. Drove with the E-brake on... for like 5 miles! How does on do this?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #1412
petman
Proud IBM Owner

Drives: 2010 1SS-RS
Hi, Rick from Fostoria Ohio, suppose 40 minutes south of Toledo Ohio, and I just got my car yesterday 10-1-2009... and I now have the perm-a-grin.
Attached Images

Last edited by petman; 10-02-2009 at 09:06 PM.
petman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #1413
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by petman View Post
Hi, Rick from Fostoria Ohio, suppose 40 minutes south of Toledo Ohio, and I just got my car yesterday 10-1-2009... and I now have the perm-a-grin.
Welcome! Here is a great way to get those break in miles:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44686

Check it out and let me know if I can add you to the list!

Got any pics? The cars are great huh? We love to show them off. Here is mine:

Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #1414
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Mmmkay...who had the VR SS/RS with White rally stripes and painted ground effects on campus today?

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?