Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #1
race21

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
No Communication to Mylink Radio Code U0184 (Anyone have BCM Pinouts?)

I have a 2013 ZL1 and I don't have any power at the radio from what I can tell. I'm getting a U0184 code which means loss communication with radio. Screen is black, none of the buttons light up or anything. I'm thinking it could be a BCM issue, but don't have a pinouts to see if power is coming from it to the radio. I think the red with white stripe wire going into the main plug of the radio is the 12v source which I checked and have none. I just wanted to verify that this the correct power wire and check it back at the BCM to see if it's sending power to radio or not. Also, which wires are for the Can Bus.

I also noticed the horn isn't working, so I don't know if the clockspring is a related issue or not. We did have the complete dash and steering wheel out of the car. Battery is good and radio did work prior.

If anyone has the BCM pinouts related to the radio, that would be great! Thanks
race21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
race21

I did find that battery power is in pin #44 location of the 44 pin connector. But I also read, that the radio isn't powered up when the key is turned to ACC or RUN. It's turned on by a serial data wire for the communication circuit. Not sure if that is true or not. I know I wasn't getting any power with key in RUN position at pin #44. I suppose I could check for power back at the fuse in trunk. Would really like to see the BCM wiring and it's relationship with the radio, tho.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:08 PM   #3
race21

I was able to get the bcm pinouts and didn't see any common circuits that provide power to the the red wire with white stripe. (Pin 44 in lower right see pic). I need to find where this wire goes and how it's supplied battery voltage. I do have power on both sides of the radio and amp fuse in trunk.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2023, 01:20 AM   #4
Jwelsh

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS
Did you ever figure this issue out? I’m dealing with the same b.s. headache now
Jwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote