Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Camaro Freak

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,587
Just ordered QTP Exhaust cutouts for my 2LT

Just ordered QTP low-profile electric exhaust cutouts for my V6 Camaro. There was a guy that had them on his at the Charlotte Auto fair and DAMN do they sound good!!! Almost like the car had a cam installed. Also QTP claims 15-20HP increase. Lets hope so, but even if they don't the sound is to die for. Anyone else got them on theres??
__________________
Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
AftershocK
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 57
Envy had it on hers, she was on the COTW a while back. I was thinking about doing this, but unsure about the kit to get and how installation is. Post pics after install
AftershocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
longgun
Drummer
 
longgun's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Just ordered QTP low-profile electric exhaust cutouts for my V6 Camaro. There was a guy that had them on his at the Charlotte Auto fair and DAMN do they sound good!!! Almost like the car had a cam installed. Also QTP claims 15-20HP increase. Lets hope so, but even if they don't the sound is to die for. Anyone else got them on theres??

Definitely been thinking about it...Let us know how you like them.
longgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,150
I am having those put on my car right now too. Should be fun.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Camaro Freak

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftershocK View Post
Envy had it on hers, she was on the COTW a while back. I was thinking about doing this, but unsure about the kit to get and how installation is. Post pics after install
Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
Definitely been thinking about it...Let us know how you like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I am having those put on my car right now too. Should be fun.
Hope to have them by the end of the week and then to get them installed. I have a Club Dyno Day coming p on April 30th, so then I will put these puppies to the test.
__________________
Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Camaro Freak

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,587
For anybody thinking about doing these, the best price I have found is PFYC.com Its $365 and you can get a extra $10 off just for signning up for there newsletter. Now for the wait for them to get here.
__________________
Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,685
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Just a note for anyone who has x-pipes installed.....

One of our club members is having issues installing Pypes Cutouts in their car because of clearance problems. Can't install them before the x-pipe, because he would have to point the outlet towards the transmission box :( Can't install it after the x-pipe because ground clearance is only 2.5"

Only option he has is to install it before the mufflers right after the hangers.

Now the Pypes system comes with y-pipes, I saw the pictures of QTP and I am dead sure the same issues will arise with any car that has x-pipes installed.
__________________
Formerly owner of:

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover
 
calbert1999's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Canada)
Posts: 2,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Just a note for anyone who has x-pipes installed.....

One of our club members is having issues installing Pypes Cutouts in their car because of clearance problems. Can't install them before the x-pipe, because he would have to point the outlet towards the transmission box :( Can't install it after the x-pipe because ground clearance is only 2.5"

Only option he has is to install it before the mufflers right after the hangers.

Now the Pypes system comes with y-pipes, I saw the pictures of QTP and I am dead sure the same issues will arise with any car that has x-pipes installed.
Personally, I prefer diverters as they don't share with the exhaust, they actually "divert" directly from the manifold or headers. And, you won't have issues with x-pipe clearance.

http://shop.noweeds.net/product.sc;j...&categoryId=13
__________________
2010 Camaro SS, P1SC SuperCharged Livernois LSX429ci., 1 7/8" LT Headers, full 3" MBRP exhaust, SPI built/tuned, a total
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Camaro Freak

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Just a note for anyone who has x-pipes installed.....

One of our club members is having issues installing Pypes Cutouts in their car because of clearance problems. Can't install them before the x-pipe, because he would have to point the outlet towards the transmission box :( Can't install it after the x-pipe because ground clearance is only 2.5"

Only option he has is to install it before the mufflers right after the hangers.

Now the Pypes system comes with y-pipes, I saw the pictures of QTP and I am dead sure the same issues will arise with any car that has x-pipes installed.
I was told by QTP that the low profile ones would work on either. These are made specifically for the V8 and V6 Camaro. TopGun1 has a good mechanic so I am sure he will get that baby purring with them on. Besides Blade, what are you going to do when everyone starts showing up at our events being louder than you?? LOL You know I am picking with you.
__________________
Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #10
montreal2010yellow


 
montreal2010yellow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAVAL (10 min. north of Montreal), CANADA
Posts: 3,527
Look around I read that you actually loose power with cut-outs.
__________________
T2 Facia, ACS TL1 Hood, ACS Winglets. G5CR CAI. Hotchsic Strut Brace and more...
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,685
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
I was told by QTP that the low profile ones would work on either. These are made specifically for the V8 and V6 Camaro. TopGun1 has a good mechanic so I am sure he will get that baby purring with them on. Besides Blade, what are you going to do when everyone starts showing up at our events being louder than you?? LOL You know I am picking with you.
Well have that stuff installed by next weekend, because if I get this done, I don't want to put it next to the mufflers. I want them before the x-pipe. So I want to see how much clearance is required to get that in there.

Maybe Thomas can jack it up next week and we can all admire the work....
__________________
Formerly owner of:

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
Blade


 
Blade's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM 2SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 4,685
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Personally, I prefer diverters as they don't share with the exhaust, they actually "divert" directly from the manifold or headers. And, you won't have issues with x-pipe clearance.

http://shop.noweeds.net/product.sc;j...&categoryId=13
Agreed.......but my car is lowered 1.5 inch already and it looks like even that system hangs below the tunnel a little bit....I don't need this crap scratchin every speed bump out there.
__________________
Formerly owner of:

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
dermo1989
BAQNBLK
 
dermo1989's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS BLACK W/INFERNO PKG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LIVONIA, MICHIGAN
Posts: 652
Have them on my car and they are SICK!! Get the digital controller option for sure!! You won't be disappointed, and no power loss here.
__________________
dermo1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
Camaro Freak

 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
Look around I read that you actually loose power with cut-outs.
uhhh... NO!! If you free up the exhaust without running through the mufflers theres less restriction of air flow and that equals more power. Same as running straight pipes when you have it on.
__________________
Camaro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 3499 08-14-2018 09:38 AM
Ordered an MBRP exhaust from gmpartsdirect...how long to delivery? el ess A 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 02-05-2011 08:14 PM
Thinking about going 2.5" the entire System mike.nite Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 12 01-11-2011 03:57 PM
First time ever: 10% off plus free shipping on QTP cutouts and controllers @ PFYC.com PFYC V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 0 12-07-2010 11:13 AM
Manual vs Auto GTAHVIT vs PQ... The video wars. 76z28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 443 08-26-2010 12:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.