Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
"Chevrolet Quality" is an oxymoron

I have been very disappointed in the quality of components and workmanship on my '13 2LT/RS. In the 15 months that I have had it I have had to make about 10 visits to the dealer for repairs due to problems. Most of the problems have required 3 or 4 trips to get repaired and two have made 7 and 8 trips, and with the 8th trip I am not sure yet if the problem has been solved. I had to get Chev. Customer Technical Support involved and when that didn't do the job, I got an Executive Office assistance involved. After that I got closest to a solution that I have got in the past. And, as I said, I am not sure at this point if the problem is really solved. So far it appears that it has been corrected, but it was no intermittent problem and I have not been able to use the car enough to be convincing that things have been resolved. What has your experiences been in regards to quality of your Camaro?
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Well, WHAT were the problems?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
same as OP.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post

I've had the fairly common climate controls issue - other than that, for the three months and approx. 16,000 KM put on it.. we be good.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
I have been very disappointed in the quality of components and workmanship on my '13 2LT/RS. In the 15 months that I have had it I have had to make about 10 visits to the dealer for repairs due to problems. Most of the problems have required 3 or 4 trips to get repaired and two have made 7 and 8 trips, and with the 8th trip I am not sure yet if the problem has been solved. I had to get Chev. Customer Technical Support involved and when that didn't do the job, I got an Executive Office assistance involved. After that I got closest to a solution that I have got in the past. And, as I said, I am not sure at this point if the problem is really solved. So far it appears that it has been corrected, but it was no intermittent problem and I have not been able to use the car enough to be convincing that things have been resolved. What has your experiences been in regards to quality of your Camaro?
My car had a sticker of $24k and I paid a lot less. The quality feels fine for what I paid, so no complaints here!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
Z28bryan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Details please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I have always been impressed by how high quality these cars are. Rock solid build quality compared to previous generations. If you're not going to elaborate, the OP kind of sounds like a drive-by troll. Just saying.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #8
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Weatherstripping on pass. door falling out. pushed back in 3 times and then replaced.

BCM bad. Affected the remote control and the TPMS. Took 7 trips to get fixed. Told it was a bad wire.

Trim on bottom of pass. door sill plate 3 trips to get fixed.

Intermittently the top would not go down. I would get a message either "Battery low; top disabled" or "Top no latched". Engine was running and the voltmeter showed proper voltage. Took 8 trips to get fixed, maybe.

Front end alignment out of range on one setting.

When met with selling dealer about all the problems and the number of trips required to get them fixed his first response was "Well, GM is not going to buy the car back!". I had never suggested or even hinted at that. I would have thought that a concerned dealer would have at least started his reply with something like "I am sorry that you are having so many problems. We will try to get them fixed." Later I found tha under NC Lemon Law I may have had a case for GM buying the car back, but that is not what I want. I got the car outfitted the way I wanted and am happy with it, when there are no problems.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Sorry you are having issues.
I think its more of a dealer issue. I have found that I get better service from a GMC/Cadillac dealer in my area.
Even if you have tried another dealer for service keep looking there are good competent ones out there.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
have had two 5th gen camaros, a 2010 1LT and a 2011 2SS. a trim piece that would pop off that was replaced under warranty and a battery replacement which is normal. other than that the car(s) have been exceptional. over 4 years of ownership and no real complaint for me!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Lemon law?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #12
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Sorry you are having issues.
I think its more of a dealer issue.

Even if you have tried another dealer for service keep looking there are good competent ones out there.
Agree with this. No car manufactured is 100% perfect, but the approach of the servicing dealer can make all the difference in the world. Unfortunately, customer service is only a phrase in most businesses anymore. Try another dealer for service.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
2 years and 30,000 miles not one problem except a little sunroof rattle but it's not bad enough to risk taking to the dealer lol. I think the quality is very high on these cars, but there will always be some bad ones.. it worries me a little that the 6th gen is being built in detroit. I'm not sure the quality will be as good as the Oshawa plant.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #14
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Question

I've only had one problem of note for warranty, but I haven't taken it in yet. I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone else with this complaint; it's weird. When I pull the WW stalk towards me to spray the windshield washer, the wipers go into high speed mode (only while I have the stalk pulled back to spray.) Conversely, when I go to high speed wipers, it spray windshield washer solution. I haven't used high speed a lot, but I imagine it would run the fluid out and eventually burn the motor out. It's unnerving to go to high speed wipers and get soapy solution complicating your vision suddenly.

Anyone else heard of this?

Thanks,

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote