Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-02-2018, 03:28 PM   #5055
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
The width of the current car is an inch more than my canyon. That’s was surpirsing to say the least
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #5056
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I thought I'd point out the 1.5 in the 2018 Equinox uses a six speed, while the 1.5 in the Terrain uses the new 9 speed. I'm guessing that's why we are happy with our Terrain and the 1.5.
Thank you for the info. It makes me really wish we would have tried the Terrain, but she didn’t like it from the outside.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:38 AM   #5057
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I will try to find the article but I saw that GM will no longer publish monthly sales data?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #5058
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Chevrolet Sonic = Dead man walking.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #5059
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I still want GM to make a car like they had with the Monte SS, Cutlass 442 or Chevelle 2 door mid size car with room for the hockey bag lol
Not sure why they want to keep getting smaller would be happy to see the Camaro a bit bigger, I can't fit into the current Camaro let alone get the hockey equipment to fit in the trunk.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #5060
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I will try to find the article but I saw that GM will no longer publish monthly sales data?
True, GM said so in their sales press release. It'll be published quarterly from now on.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #5061
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Thank you for the info. It makes me really wish we would have tried the Terrain, but she didn’t like it from the outside.
So the Buick dealer called my Dad about the Envision. They found the one he wanted, but want $3400 MORE than what they agreed to a few weeks (2?) ago. For the exact same car!!! My dad pointed out there was an article in his local paper Buick was offering rebates and that they were lowering the MSRP’s on the Envision to make it more competitive as sales are lagging. The salesman said he’d look into it, but wouldn’t make a better offer so my dad said he’s going to look at a Honda (he won’t) and got off the phone and called me. I told him I’d find him an Acura dealer. He will want to stay GM, so we might take a ride to try out an Equinox. The Terrain is out after I read about their idiotic push button type transmission. He absolutely hated the joystick in the LaCrosse. Toggle switches will make him lose his mind. He’s 74. I’d like to convince him to go to the Honda dealer I used. Light years better than any GM dealer I’ve been to in the last few years.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #5062
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
What could be bad about the terrains push button? It takes a day to get used to it
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #5063
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
True, GM said so in their sales press release. It'll be published quarterly from now on.
I saw that. I don't understand their reasoning behind it. Well I mean I guess internally they will still have it so they can see trends etc etc
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #5064
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
So the Buick dealer called my Dad about the Envision. They found the one he wanted, but want $3400 MORE than what they agreed to a few weeks (2?) ago. For the exact same car!!! My dad pointed out there was an article in his local paper Buick was offering rebates and that they were lowering the MSRP’s on the Envision to make it more competitive as sales are lagging. The salesman said he’d look into it, but wouldn’t make a better offer so my dad said he’s going to look at a Honda (he won’t) and got off the phone and called me. I told him I’d find him an Acura dealer. He will want to stay GM, so we might take a ride to try out an Equinox. The Terrain is out after I read about their idiotic push button type transmission. He absolutely hated the joystick in the LaCrosse. Toggle switches will make him lose his mind. He’s 74. I’d like to convince him to go to the Honda dealer I used. Light years better than any GM dealer I’ve been to in the last few years.
Envision sales are up 8.8% this year, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
What could be bad about the terrains push button? It takes a day to get used to it
Seriously. It's not that difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I saw that. I don't understand their reasoning behind it. Well I mean I guess internally they will still have it so they can see trends etc etc
The reasoning is for trends actually. The quarterly report reduces how much influence outside factors like bad weather in parts of the country has on the sales report.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #5065
FenwickHockey65

Royal Tiger, if your dad is dead-set on an Envision and finds one he likes, I can probably get you supplier pricing on it. Should be about $1500 off if my figures are correct.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:44 PM   #5066
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Push buttons? I remember the first time I saw push buttons in a car to control the transmission... oh, the memories of that car.

What's old is new again!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:06 PM   #5067
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Didn't the Edsel have the buttons in the middle of the stearing wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Push buttons? I remember the first time I saw push buttons in a car to control the transmission... oh, the memories of that car.

What's old is new again!

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Last edited by GroundhogSS; 04-05-2018 at 12:55 PM.
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #5068
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
The terrain's trans controls are pretty terrible. I don't mind the dials, or even other pushbutton setups, but this is the least intuitive version I've seen. If one of the basic car controls makes you stop and think about it when you get in, they've done it wrong.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions