Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Cobra Guzzler drying towels and Autopia

I guess I've been living in the dark all these years and finally got around to using a waffle weave microfiber drying towel (Cobra Guzzler waffleweave) : WOW I can't believe how well these towels absorb, dry and leave a spot AND scratch free surface. Anyone still using a synthetic or leather chamios, seriously needs to give this type of towel a try.

I was so impressed with the 3 I had, that I placed an order with Autopia (Ann ) for another larger set. Got a great price with free shipping, the order left within 3 hours of me placing it and WITH a tracking number. With all the problems with member getting shipping info or communication issues, it's nice to get such great service.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
This was one of the biggest "wows" - I've had inthe past few years...they are amazing and unlike anything else I'vve used. I can do a rinseless and use one guzzler and dry the a car in 5-7 minutes...machine wash, air dry or dryer with no dryer sheet....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Awesome! I haven't tried the waffleweave, only the HD and wow it's awesome I seriously think I could dry 2 cars with the same towel.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I am actually a huge person AGAINST the Cobra waffle weave towels. I have alluded many times to this in the past on this forum, but never really outright said it.

They simply do not work for me and in my opinion suck.

... But I believe I am in the minority with that viewpoint. Oh well.

I have waffle weave towels from Autoality and they are at least 3 times better than the Cobra ones.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I am actually a huge person AGAINST the Cobra waffle weave towels. I have alluded many times to this in the past on this forum, but never really outright said it.

They simply do not work for me and in my opinion suck.

... But I believe I am in the minority with that viewpoint. Oh well.

I have waffle weave towels from Autoality and they are at least 3 times better than the Cobra ones.

With nothing to compare too, I really can't comment. However, since you "opened up" the issue, can you elaborate on your comparison of just these 2 products? If there is something better, I don't think my "wow factor" cant take it.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
With nothing to compare too, I really can't comment. However, since you "opened up" the issue, can you elaborate on your comparison of just these 2 products? If there is something better, I don't think my "wow factor" cant take it.
I felt the same exact way as you after using them the first time. About 5 times into drying my car, the waffle weaves just stopped absorbing nearly as well as they used to.

Keep in mind that I am pretty OCD and take very good care of my towels.

These towels and I have two of them, both started just pushing the water around. I'm not even talking about after a panel or two, I'm talking from the first drop they just don't absorb well. Eventually I needed both of them to dry the car. After a while, I ordered the Cobra HD towel. Now that towel absorbs! It hasn't failed me like the normal guzzler has.

But I only have one of those. I bought some autoality blue drying towels and they just absorb and absorb and absorb. Yeah eventually they get saturated and start to push the water around, but they have never failed me like the guzzlers.

If it's any consolation, it could be that I just got bad towels and it's an isolated incident. CD07's seem to continue to work well. But I'm not buying any more guzzlers for sure.

I do hope yours continue to work well

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
almost two years on both my cobras - work like the day I got them......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
almost two years on both my cobras - work like the day I got them......
Me too. Don't listen to Roshan on his guzzler rage. He's a drunk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Keep in mind that I am pretty OCD and take very good care of my towels.

I do hope yours continue to work well
I'll keep them washed in the Blackfire microfiber wash and air dry them and hopefully they'll hold up. If not, I'll give the others a try. At the rate of decay you describe, I'll probably still get a couple years use as the vert only see's 5-6 months of summer use with "careful" weather use during that time.