Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #2101
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
gym

I always hated the gym been working with a personal trainer since December 2014 lost 80 pounds. Went from 269 to 189... Still trying to lose some more though.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #2102
Billy89

Drives: 2011 camaro ls
Carb cycle the way to go keep count of the calories and protein and fats you take really important once you drop to the weigh you want then you start to bulk up
Billy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #2103
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 10-20-2015, 01:25 AM   #2104
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Lifted tonight for the first time since my freshman year in high school (5.5yrs ago). Got 3 sets of 8 reps of 135 on the bench. Not happy with that. How much do I need to increase, and how often?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #2105
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Lifted tonight for the first time since my freshman year in high school (5.5yrs ago). Got 3 sets of 8 reps of 135 on the bench. Not happy with that. How much do I need to increase, and how often?

Take it slow...... Give yourself a couple weeks of light/easy weights. Work all your muscle groups, but using weights that you can do 15 reps with a total of three sets.

Then you can start adding. Getting your muscles back into shape with light weights first will give you the minimum amount of soreness. If you go heavy right off you'll be sooooo sore you'll say the hell with this, so easy for the first few weeks. Get those muscles use to different angles. I'd stick to the basics.

Once your ok start adding, if you can crank out 8 reps, add a little more weight. So pretty much every week you should be able to add a little.

You'll be lifting fairly heavy in no time (three months of so) and injury free. Warmup, and stretch daily --- Always!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:39 PM   #2106
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Take it slow...... Give yourself a couple weeks of light/easy weights. Work all your muscle groups, but using weights that you can do 15 reps with a total of three sets.

Then you can start adding. Getting your muscles back into shape with light weights first will give you the minimum amount of soreness. If you go heavy right off you'll be sooooo sore you'll say the hell with this, so easy for the first few weeks. Get those muscles use to different angles. I'd stick to the basics.

Once your ok start adding, if you can crank out 8 reps, add a little more weight. So pretty much every week you should be able to add a little.

You'll be lifting fairly heavy in no time (three months of so) and injury free. Warmup, and stretch daily --- Always!
Alright, thanks. My goal is 250ish by the end of the year
Old 10-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #2107
Normagene

Quote:
Alright, thanks. My goal is 250ish by the end of the year

I change up my routine every three months or so. Still incorporate the basics, but I add something to work a different angle. Now I'm doing Super Sets. So for chest, the basic is Bench Press, but I start with 12 push-ups, bench, and then dumbbell flies. Three months from now I'll change it to Incline or Decline flies.

I Start light, and work up to heavy, 6 sets or so. Then a good stretch. Now I'm not going too heavy, only 75/80% or so, I do six reps at the heaviest weight. Winter I'll go 90%, so my max lift will be whatever I can do three reps. Spring time I'll switch to a more Fat Burn/Cardio routine, high reps, much lighter weights. Bring out definition!

Yeah I think you can reach your goal. Just start easy, get those muscles toned. Once you're at that point you'll be able to start adding poundage. Stay safe, injuries really suck, and if you try to get there too fast you could pull something.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #2108
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I change up my routine every three months or so. Still incorporate the basics, but I add something to work a different angle. Now I'm doing Super Sets. So for chest, the basic is Bench Press, but I start with 12 push-ups, bench, and then dumbbell flies. Three months from now I'll change it to Incline or Decline flies.

I Start light, and work up to heavy, 6 sets or so. Then a good stretch. Now I'm not going too heavy, only 75/80% or so, I do six reps at the heaviest weight. Winter I'll go 90%, so my max lift will be whatever I can do three reps. Spring time I'll switch to a more Fat Burn/Cardio routine, high reps, much lighter weights. Bring out definition!

Yeah I think you can reach your goal. Just start easy, get those muscles toned. Once you're at that point you'll be able to start adding poundage. Stay safe, injuries really suck, and if you try to get there too fast you could pull something.
What are your thoughts on the pec deck? I've read good and bad about it.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #2109
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
What are your thoughts on the pec deck? I've read good and bad about it.
it's okay, great for stretching out the pec. I may use it once a month in my routines.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #2110
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Had my last ever (lol) arm wrestling tournament today. I won the heavyweight class right and left hand. The heavyweight is under 210lbs, super heavy is over 210lbs.

Left hand heavyweight title:

Right hand heavyweight title:

So for shits and grins I went up against the super heavyweight winner. Now I have a closed radial fracture of upper arm.

DO NOT WATCH if you are squeamish

Going to see an orthopedic surgeon Monday. Gonna need some hardware to put it back together. The weird thing is that I am in zero pain. If I move it, the pain goes up to maybe a 3-4 on a scale of 0-10.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #2111
joelster

Here's a few pics:
Attached Images

1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
Old 10-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #2112
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Had my last ever (lol) arm wrestling tournament today. I won the heavyweight class right and left hand. The heavyweight is under 210lbs, super heavy is over 210lbs.

Left hand heavyweight title:

Right hand heavyweight title:

So for shits and grins I went up against the super heavyweight winner. Now I have a closed radial fracture of upper arm.

DO NOT WATCH if you are squeamish

Going to see an orthopedic surgeon Monday. Gonna need some hardware to put it back together. The weird thing is that I am in zero pain. If I move it, the pain goes up to maybe a 3-4 on a scale of 0-10.

Wow, that was tough to watch. That's one nasty break, I'm guessing a career ender. Pretty incredible the strength one man can have.

Hope they're able to put it back together problem free for your future. Get better and God bless.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #2113
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
As a powerlifter, and enjoy lifting heavy stuff...no, I could not watch it. The xray was enough to see. Man, you are one bada$$ wrestler, no questions there. I think you would snap my arm the same.

Prayers for you that all heals up and you are able to get back to doing what you enjoy the most. Thanks for sharing, now go rest.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #2114
joelster

No lie guys, it was literally painless. I knew something was seriously wrong from the loud crack, and the fact that my hand was about 6" to the left of where I figured it would be by looking down, lol. I thought for sure the ride to the hospital was going to be brutal, and that pain would set in. Nope, nothing. Talked to the doctor and he asked me on a scale of 0-10, what is the pain like? It was 0-1 if that. He couldn't believe it. He thought that maybe I just tore a ligament off, but I knew it was worse. That night it swelled up a bit and caused some discomfort when I was trying to sleep. It's more of an annoying mild pain than an unbearable pain requiring meds. I go to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, hopefully we do some surgery asap! I don't want to miss anymore fishing.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z