Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 AM   #15
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
IMO, the wrapped matte hood doesn't look great against the gloss black.
It doesn’t look good against any color. i don’t know why GM forces this cheap plastic look on those of us interested in 1LE level handling. It would be a perfect option box to check.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:58 AM   #16
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
That is sexy i would buy it just to let it sit in the garage I would leave it as is looks mean as hell.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
The wrap is an "old school" nod, but I think it has to do more with being able to identify the vehicle on the race track, and I am pretty sure it can cut down on glare.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #18
Xlr8ion

Drives: 2013 Cayenne GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
The wrap is an "old school" nod, but I think it has to do more with being able to identify the vehicle on the race track, and I am pretty sure it can cut down on glare.
If you remove it is there fresh paint under it???
Xlr8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
If you remove it is there fresh paint under it???
I do believe it is a genuine wrap, but I have no idea if it's clear coated, etc.

You'll probably need a damn good detail job, too.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #20
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Starling Chevrolet in Orlando, FL has a Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 1LE in transit with Nav and PDR due to hit the dealership in 9 days and it's available. I don't know the price. I'm going to pick up my ZL1 and happened to see the ZL1 1LE on the website and asked the fleet manager if it's available.
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #21
trakdayz

Drives: E92 M3 & E36 M3 (Full Race car)
i would like to thank whoever put this Texas add up. I almost bought her but got screwed. i called the salesman last night as he was stepping out the door. i wasnted to leave a deposit right then and there. He said hed call me first thing in the am. we squared everything away this am, i was waiting for thre paper work to my email...then after 1 hour i texted him and his response back to was was "sorry we just sold the car" Very Proffesional. Rant over...time to try Florida...thank you again!
trakdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #22
Xlr8ion

[QUOTE=trakdayz;9836940]i would like to thank whoever put this Texas add up. I almost bought her but got screwed. i called the salesman last night as he was stepping out the door. i wasnted to leave a deposit right then and there. He said hed call me first thing in the am. we squared everything away this am, i was waiting for thre paper work to my email...then after 1 hour i texted him and his response back to was was "sorry we just sold the car" Very Proffesional. Rant over...time to try Florida...thank you again![/QUOT

The scum bags at Vandergriff did the same to me.Sales rep said he would not take a deposit but I was the only one interested.Then the next day after taking 2 hrs getting numbers on my trade he tells me his manager sold it.**** them they are like every other dealer liars and thieves.By the way my sales rep was JEFFERY.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #23
trakdayz

Drives: E92 M3 & E36 M3 (Full Race car)
[QUOTE=Xlr8ion;9837602]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trakdayz View Post
i would like to thank whoever put this Texas add up. I almost bought her but got screwed. i called the salesman last night as he was stepping out the door. i wasnted to leave a deposit right then and there. He said hed call me first thing in the am. we squared everything away this am, i was waiting for thre paper work to my email...then after 1 hour i texted him and his response back to was was "sorry we just sold the car" Very Proffesional. Rant over...time to try Florida...thank you again![/QUOT

The scum bags at Vandergriff did the same to me.Sales rep said he would not take a deposit but I was the only one interested.Then the next day after taking 2 hrs getting numbers on my trade he tells me his manager sold it.**** them they are like every other dealer liars and thieves.By the way my sales rep was JEFFERY.
Are you kidding me? I can't even tell you what just happened I got off the phone with the dealership I called three days ago from Virginia they're asking $25,000 over MSRP I said no thanks three days ago then I guess the secretary she called me and asked if everything went smoothly with the manager and I obviously said it did not I will not be paying anything over MSRP and she said let me speak with him again that was yesterday. She never called back in 45 minutes ago I got a phone call from some Spanish guy that was speaking to me and broken English asking when I can come in to take a look at the car and I said if the car is MSRP I will take a flight from New York tomorrow he said sorry we can't talk about prices over the phone and I clearly said this conversation is a waste of my time and he asked again when I can come down to take a look at the car and I repeated myself at least three more times and I said if the car is MSRP I will leave a deposit right this second, " sorry we will take deposits at this dealership". I said have a wonderful day and hung up.
trakdayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #24
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Phillips Chevy here in Illinois. There's one in Lansing, IL and one in Frankfort, IL

Lansing is blue.

http://www.phillipschevy.com/new/Che...963c868c17.htm

Frankfort is black
http://www.phillipschevy.com/new/Che...afb67ab985.htm
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #25
Xlr8ion

[QUOTE=Mr. Meh;9838380]Phillips Chevy here in Illinois. There's one in Lansing, IL and one in Frankfort, IL

Lansing is blue.

http://www.phillipschevy.com/new/Che...963c868c17.htm

Frankfort is black
http://www.phillipschevy.com/new/Che...afb67ab985.htm[/QUOT
Old 07-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #26
Xlr8ion

[QUOTE=trakdayz;9838283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post

Are you kidding me? I can't even tell you what just happened I got off the phone with the dealership I called three days ago from Virginia they're asking $25,000 over MSRP I said no thanks three days ago then I guess the secretary she called me and asked if everything went smoothly with the manager and I obviously said it did not I will not be paying anything over MSRP and she said let me speak with him again that was yesterday. She never called back in 45 minutes ago I got a phone call from some Spanish guy that was speaking to me and broken English asking when I can come in to take a look at the car and I said if the car is MSRP I will take a flight from New York tomorrow he said sorry we can't talk about prices over the phone and I clearly said this conversation is a waste of my time and he asked again when I can come down to take a look at the car and I repeated myself at least three more times and I said if the car is MSRP I will leave a deposit right this second, " sorry we will take deposits at this dealership". I said have a wonderful day and hung up.
These dealerships are such clowns i do not even know how they survive?????
Old 07-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #27
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
You have to wait it out. Let the hype die. These cars will be available.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #28
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringBirdAloha View Post
It doesn’t look good against any color. i don’t know why GM forces this cheap plastic look on those of us interested in 1LE level handling. It would be a perfect option box to check.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote