Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #85
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
It is taking about 3 weeks to paint and ship out painted and Hydro carbon fiber parts. These are the items that are taking time, we are doing our best to work extra hours to expedite the orders. We will be closed 12/24 and reopen 12/30 and will be closed 1/1 and reopen on 1/2 for the holidays. So to use an example if an order was placed on 12/9 and the order is taking about 15 business days to complete that would put the order to ship around 1/8. If you want to email me your information at donrpidesigns@gmail.com I will look into the order again and give you an update, the time you were originally quoted could have change and will be done sooner. Once again I am hear to help, but if no one contacts with a problem, concern or a question I can not help. Thanks, Don
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #86
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBsSS View Post
Here is my 2 cents on RPI. I have bought several items from them over the past years. I have good and bad experiences with them.

I bought an item and I wanted to return it and emailed Josh...nothing...I emailed Don and he answered my email same day and gave me info for return.

The other day I ordered a trunk mat and some painted items for my engine. I emailed Don about their status He informed me the mat would take about 10 days but painted items would be longer.

Maybe they are getting better but as anything else time will tell. One good thing you use RPIDON on checkout you get 10% off.

KB
MY Update on RPI. I ordered some painted underhood items. After being told I would have to wait till 2nd week in January I emailed I told them to cancel.
I sent several emails via contact on their web site, I got a response asking if I wanted my whole order canceled. I replied stating the exact items I wanted canceled. I asked about refund and heard nothing back and today the items I thought where canceled should up

Turned around and shipped them back. WE will see the outcome but I am holding my breath. There are vendors out the that sell the same items. Next time will to more research on Bing. Grabick Chevy near me sells same items and gives you 5% off when you mention Camaro5
Old 01-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #87
Jerry S

Drives: 2010 2LT and 1969 SS 350
I didn't even bother sending the awful painted emblems back, I did what I should have done in the first place and painted them my self. It was a $100.00 mistake and the emblems aren't even genuine they are some cheap plastic ripoff meaning they don't have the correct locating tabs on them.

I will say they did offer to fix the problem, but I opted to fix myself, it does amaze me the lack of QC.
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #88
RPIDon

Quote:
MY Update on RPI. I ordered some painted underhood items. After being told I would have to wait till 2nd week in January I emailed I told them to cancel.
I sent several emails via contact on their web site, I got a response asking if I wanted my whole order canceled. I replied stating the exact items I wanted canceled. I asked about refund and heard nothing back and today the items I thought where canceled should up

Turned around and shipped them back. WE will see the outcome but I am holding my breath. There are vendors out the that sell the same items. Next time will to more research on Bing. Grabick Chevy near me sells same items and gives you 5% off when you mention Camaro5
Sorry about the problem you are having but like you found out in the past when you email me I can get it fixed, my question to you on this recent order when you wanted to cancel this order how come you did not email me? Can you email me the return tracking number and I will get it handled. On your next order please give me a call and I will take care of you. 888-257-8515 ext. 2 Thanks, Don donrpidesigns@gmail.com
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #89
RPIDon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
I didn't even bother sending the awful painted emblems back, I did what I should have done in the first place and painted them my self. It was a $100.00 mistake and the emblems aren't even genuine they are some cheap plastic ripoff meaning they don't have the correct locating tabs on them.

I will say they did offer to fix the problem, but I opted to fix myself, it does amaze me the lack of QC.
Hi Jerry, back on 12/16 I offered to you if you sent me some pictures I would do my best to make you happy. The offer is still on the table. Instead of sending me some pictures you went ahead and fixed it yourself. No problem , but if you can email some photos of what you received , let me so what I can do for you. donrpidesigns@gmail.com In the mean time, I just wanted to let you know the so call "cheap plastic ripoff" bowties that you received are actually genuine GM parts. That's all we use here are two photos below to show you how we get them.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #90
Jerry S

Drives: 2010 2LT and 1969 SS 350
Well maybe that is their replacements but that is not like the originals that were on my Camaro. Do the rear ones you have have the two nipples that fit into the holes in the trunk lid?

As far as replacement I had already taken mine off before opening your package, so I did not want to run around in Oregon wet weather with two holes in my trunk lid waiting for replacements

I would probably buy from you again once I start reading QC has improved.

looking at your pictures again I see the nipple on there, mine did not have them.

Last edited by Jerry S; 01-02-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #91
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
Sorry about the problem you are having but like you found out in the past when you email me I can get it fixed, my question to you on this recent order when you wanted to cancel this order how come you did not email me? Can you email me the return tracking number and I will get it handled. On your next order please give me a call and I will take care of you. 888-257-8515 ext. 2 Thanks, Don donrpidesigns@gmail.com
Left and right hand issues.. Got email from Josh said he refunded money to paypal- same day I recieved product ??????
Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #92
RPIDon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
Well maybe that is their replacements but that is not like the originals that were on my Camaro. Do the rear ones you have have the two nipples that fit into the holes in the trunk lid?

As far as replacement I had already taken mine off before opening your package, so I did not want to run around in Oregon wet weather with two holes in my trunk lid waiting for replacements

I would probably buy from you again once I start reading QC has improved.

looking at your pictures again I see the nipple on there, mine did not have them.

2010 year cars had the two holes in the trunk lid, and 2011 and newer they eliminated the two holes in the trunk lid and the rear bowties no longer have the two pins. The rear bowties that have the two pins are no longer available from GM for the last 2 years, they only have the 2011 and newer style since they are both held on the same way (double stick tape). The picture above showing the back of the bowtie with the two pins is actually the front bowtie because it has the two verticle pins on it as well. So let's leave it this way, the next time you would like to place an order, please give me a call and give me the opportunity to help you out on your next order. Thanks, Don 888-257-8515 ext 2.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #93
RPIDon

Quote:
Left and right hand issues.. Got email from Josh said he refunded money to paypal- same day I recieved product ??????
Josh got the email from you that you received the items that you wanted to cancel . You indicated that you were going to return them so in good faith he refunded the money to you right away before we received them back at the shop. In the future if you need anything please call me so I can personally take care of you. 888-257-8515 ext 2 Thanks, Don
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 AM   #94
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
ordered the Razzi Rear Diffuser and 600 bucks later, it is a complete different shade of red and came with no hardware.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #95
RPIDon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
ordered the Razzi Rear Diffuser and 600 bucks later, it is a complete different shade of red and came with no hardware.
Hi Dafisch, I responded to your PM, the Razzi body parts ships directly from Razzi painted, not RPI Designs. Please send me the information about the order and I will follow up with Razzi to make it right. If the color is not matching they will probably need to see pictures you can email them to me at donrpidesigns@gmail.com Thanks, Don
Old 01-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #96
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Don took care of me, a new installation kit has been sent out to me. Thanks Don
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #97
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
dunno why people keep whining about RPI at this point i mean how many trips on a short bus do you need to take before someone smacks the stupid out of you and you realize you should go through Don directly.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #98
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
dunno why people keep whining about RPI at this point i mean how many trips on a short bus do you need to take before someone smacks the stupid out of you and you realize you should go through Don directly.
Or shop somewhere else all together...
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote