Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask AL

Old 11-09-2018, 07:17 PM   #211
Calvear0

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
I had my 2nd flush done a couple hundred miles ago. The shudder seems to have gone away. But the car seems off. When I give it gas at times it struggles to go right away and it has a delay before it just goes. Is this part of the re adapting process? This happened both when I put my foot all the way down in a hard take off and also happens in a light throttle acceleration.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #212
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 SS Blue A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro #5 View Post
Just dropped mine off at the dealer with this problem for the first time. Started a few days ago. They told me they can’t do triple flushes anymore, only a single flush. Anybody heard this before? I suspect the guy is full of crap, but I couldn’t get him to change his mind.
I will check with my service guy to to see if they did a triple flush with TCU reset and post the information.

They got my first flush/reset done last Thursday in a couple hours which I thought was a little fast. Triple flushes take several hours from my understanding.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #213
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Got my appointment scheduled but I just drove it this morning and it didn't shudder once so now i'm back to doubting myself that its the same problem. To those who had it discovered, was it a shudder you could 100% purposefully cause while driving or was it super intermittent and only occurring at random times at cruising speed. I still have a hard time pinpointing what i or it are doing when it occurs but its definitely a sudden 2 second rumble strip sensation. I'd like to at least semi-reliably reproduce it on command before I pay the service techs labor to look for it.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #214
Camaro #5

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS (2LT, V6)
Mine seems like you have to warm it up first. Then it does it pretty regular. Most commonly about 60 MPH at about 1500 RPM.

Btw, they did the single flush and I got it back this morning. It definitely fixed the problem for now. Now I’m just hoping it will stay that way until the Q1 2019 fix.

UPDATE: It did not fix the problem after all. Went away completely for a day and has been coming back with a vengeance since.

Looking at this again, are they saying it needs to be driven 200 miles before it goes away, potentially? What is everyone else's experience with that? Also, bad news, guys. Fix isn't coming until the year 20,019.

Last edited by Camaro #5; Yesterday at 12:24 PM. Reason: update to condition
Camaro #5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #215
Gunmetalmissle

Drives: 16 ngm ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
Got my appointment scheduled but I just drove it this morning and it didn't shudder once so now i'm back to doubting myself that its the same problem. To those who had it discovered, was it a shudder you could 100% purposefully cause while driving or was it super intermittent and only occurring at random times at cruising speed. I still have a hard time pinpointing what i or it are doing when it occurs but its definitely a sudden 2 second rumble strip sensation. I'd like to at least semi-reliably reproduce it on command before I pay the service techs labor to look for it.
Intermittent at first and becoming more frequent as it gets worse. The change over from 8 to 4 on a very slight incline with light throttle at highway speeds did it for me. It also seemed to occur more once fully warmed up. Driving for half an hour or more.
Gunmetalmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:38 AM   #216
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 SS Blue A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
The rumble strip is definitely the symptom, no question, and it usually happens when AFM kicked on at cruising speed (for me anything <50mph, 7th gear or higher). Scroll down on main console until you can see where AFM is active and then monitor while driving at the cruising speed you detected it the symptom. Chances are you will the "4cyl" green indicator come on and then the rumble strips at various times but it would happen eventually. For me once it started it would not stop unless I either gave it some throttle or eased off.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote