Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #71
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
I think that ffrcobra is right – we’re probably chasing at least two different noises here and I’ve thought that for awhile. The TSB is the only reference to this type of noise (that I know of) and the dealer has addressed it - twice. Now they don’t know what to do, but you know what? It’s not the end of the world (that’s a couple more years).

I know what to do to get rid of the noise, however. Roll the windows down, turn the music up, drag the clutch a little and have fun.
and dont forget, an open box CAI and aftermarket exhaust system will also cure it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 AM   #72
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
and dont forget, an open box CAI and aftermarket exhaust system will also cure it.
No kidding? Really – has someone cured the gurgle noise by installing a CAI or exhaust? I missed that. Seriously – is that a cure. I’ll do it if that’s a cure. Will just a CAI or just an exhaust do it, or will I need both? Heck, I’ll do it.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #73
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
No kidding? Really – has someone cured the gurgle noise by installing a CAI or exhaust? I missed that. Seriously – is that a cure. I’ll do it if that’s a cure. Will just a CAI or just an exhaust do it, or will I need both? Heck, I’ll do it.
dude, you are cracking me up!

an open box CAI and louder-than-stock exhaust will cure the gurgling sound because it will get drowned out by the swooshing noise from the CAI and the rumbling noise of the exhaust. But turning up the radio is much more cost effective.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #74
Heelhook22

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Hello Team,

I have the noise as well and am looking at taking it into the dealer tomorrow. My question is if I can live with the noise, am I going to suffer performance wise if they dont install the 1 way valve?

Cheers,

Heelhook
Heelhook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #75
Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelhook22 View Post
Hello Team,

I have the noise as well and am looking at taking it into the dealer tomorrow. My question is if I can live with the noise, am I going to suffer performance wise if they dont install the 1 way valve?

Cheers,

Heelhook

Don’t think you will notice any difference.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #76
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
I took mine in today for the gurgling. I couldn't stand it anymore. It was at the point where I never kept the engine rpms higher than 3200 or so with the radio low or off because I didnt want to hear it!

Luckily I called ahead and the service technician ordered the 1 way valve for me so I didnt waste a 50 minute drive to the dealership (the one I prefer). I had the oil changed while it was there and I was in and out in about 1.5 hours. Not bad considering they had to wait until the car cooled off. No more sound!! I hate to hear that a couple people have had it come back though...hope that doesn't happen to me.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #77
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy with the gremlins boozing it up behind my glove box. Schedule to take her in this coming Tuesday to get this taken care of....

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #78
AZ_Gixxer1000

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Inferno Orange 6-spd
I took mine to the dealer after the first week. (Middle of Dec.) The service advisor looked at me like I had two heads. Then I said, “Hop in I’ll show you”….

And wouldn’t you know it, it wouldn’t do it!!!! :upset:

It has come and gone ever since. In the end, and after reading some of the post here, I have decided to just live with it. I guess some are worse than others. But mines not to bad… yet.

My gripe is in that the bulletin that came out in JUNE. My car was built in November. Why wasn’t this update done in the original build and moreover why didn’t the service advisor know about it? 6 months is long enough that I doubt mine was the first one they dealer I took it to had seen.
AZ_Gixxer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #79
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy with the gremlins boozing it up behind my glove box. Schedule to take her in this coming Tuesday to get this taken care of....
Took her in this morning, had scheduled the appointment last week and when I did mentioned what the sound was and where it was coming from as well as the TSB number. Was in and out in a little over an hour and on the drive into work the sound was gone but we'll see if it rears its head again.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #80
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
GM has been dealing with this on other models for quite a few years.

1. Why can't you engineer a quiet coolant system?

2. If the valve is the answer, why aren't they factory installed?

gurgle gurgle
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #81
robertway

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
GM has been dealing with this on other models for quite a few years.

1. Why can't you engineer a quiet coolant system?

2. If the valve is the answer, why aren't they factory installed?

gurgle gurgle
Two simple answers;

1. Money...

2. Money...

That usually winds up being the answer to most "why don't they do it" questions.... unfortunately...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #82
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Gixxer1000 View Post
I took mine to the dealer after the first week. (Middle of Dec.) The service advisor looked at me like I had two heads. Then I said, “Hop in I’ll show you”….

And wouldn’t you know it, it wouldn’t do it!!!! :upset:

It has come and gone ever since. In the end, and after reading some of the post here, I have decided to just live with it. I guess some are worse than others. But mines not to bad… yet.

My gripe is in that the bulletin that came out in JUNE. My car was built in November. Why wasn’t this update done in the original build and moreover why didn’t the service advisor know about it? 6 months is long enough that I doubt mine was the first one they dealer I took it to had seen.

Man, you shouldn't have to deal with it, you paid a lot for this car. I would straight up call the service technician and phrase it like this...

"Hello I own a 2010 Camaro LT/SS with xxx miles, xx transmission. When I am over a certain engine rpm around 3000 rpms you can hear a sound from the console area that sounds like a gurgling or perkulating sound. It is really annoying and there is already a TSB out for it that repairs the problem as it is quite common, # xxxxx. I know it requires a one way valve which may have to be ordered to complete the install. Could you pull up that TSB for me and schedule a repair for it as soon as you can?"

Just dont make it a choice. Thats what I did and they were very receptive, found it and ordered the part for me. I HATE how most service techs dont believe you or want to hear it themselves when you are SURE what the problem is. They are probably used to idiots coming in that have no idea what the root of the problem is and do no research first.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #83
Lineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Man, you shouldn't have to deal with it, you paid a lot for this car. I would straight up call the service technician and phrase it like this...

"Hello I own a 2010 Camaro LT/SS with xxx miles, xx transmission. When I am over a certain engine rpm around 3000 rpms you can hear a sound from the console area that sounds like a gurgling or perkulating sound. It is really annoying and there is already a TSB out for it that repairs the problem as it is quite common, # xxxxx. I know it requires a one way valve which may have to be ordered to complete the install. Could you pull up that TSB for me and schedule a repair for it as soon as you can?"

Just dont make it a choice. Thats what I did and they were very receptive, found it and ordered the part for me. I HATE how most service techs dont believe you or want to hear it themselves when you are SURE what the problem is. They are probably used to idiots coming in that have no idea what the root of the problem is and do no research first.
I did this - twice. There's been no change to the sound. The one way valve DID NOT change the sound in any way. It's like having a girlfriend who has a laugh that you can't stand, but she's so much fun that you can't give her up.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #84
rustybh1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Took mine in for an oil change mid-December, told the Service Manager that I needed this TSB doing. He didn't argue, the dealership did the work and now the noise is gone - simple as that.
rustybh1 is offline   Reply With Quote