Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeH827 View Post
Well from a roll you won't even put it to the floor until almost 3k so I wouldn't really need it that much at low rpm but I see what ur saying. I want to be able to grow into it though. If I get a Maggie what are the limits on it? In time I want to put forged internals in it and get hi hp numbers.
If you know you're after 700 rwhp+, get the centri. Best way to go there. Lots of chatter about "everyone" wanting more and more and more. "Everyone" that wants that is actually pretty rare. Most don't want all the headaches and cash drain that that entails. Turns your sweetheart of a Camaro into a snarlin' money eatin' bitch. If you do.....go for it! I love reading about those that do
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Oh and 9's stock bottom end with base ECS kit...

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
The centri chargers make more peak horsepower. That's is fine if you want to win dyno wars. The most peak hp does not always equate to the fastest car.
Check out the fast list. The quickest street legal stock displacement Camaro is running a TVS2300.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
The centri chargers make more peak horsepower. That's is fine if you want to win dyno wars. The most peak hp does not always equate to the fastest car.
Check out the fast list. The quickest street legal stock displacement Camaro is running a TVS2300.

Running nitrous, and forged bottom end..

Not taking ANYTHING away from Jamie (Supercharged SS), who is a good friend of mine, at all. He's FAR from a stock Magnacharger system (Ton of JRE improvements on the Magnacharger itself, I believe JRE Stage 2 plenum spacer, etc.). Oh and he went 9.98 off the bottle which is also quite impressive.

Just trying to lay out the facts.

Look at number 2 and 3. Vortech with JRE Tensioner upgrade (BigDog) and ECS Base Kit (me)
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #19
BlakeH827

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sounds like for a street car the Maggie is the way to go. Instant power off idle pretty much all the way until redline. How much boost are you guys throwing down on stock internals?
BlakeH827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #20
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
9ish should/would be max imo. Some press on to 12, but I wouldn't consider that safe for stock internal longevity.

16-18psi is about the max with the 2300 on a 6.2

-sent from my Note 2 using tapatalk 2
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@SCC View Post
9ish should/would be max imo. Some press on to 12, but I wouldn't consider that safe for stock internal longevity.

16-18psi is about the max with the 2300 on a 6.2

In my Camaro, I'm running a TVS2300 I picked up from SCC. With a cam and 9 pounds of boost, I'm over 600rwhp. If I dump the clutch at 75, it blows the tires off. Just punching it, spins the crap out of them.

If you want to brag about power, both will let you do that. If you want to make your car wake up, both PD and Centri will do that. You need to figure out where you want to wind up before you pony up the $$$$.

I ran a Paxton on my 5.0 and loved it, I put a TVS on my Camaro and love it.
You can't go wrong with either supercharger.

CA bans everything and the Vortec/Paxton units will never pass the visual inspection for smog here, plus I like the look of the Maggie under my hood better so I went that route. Plus the deal I got was WAY too good to pass up!

Pick one, you can't go wrong with either one. Everyone makes power with each kit. You can get away with more power (peak) from a Centi then you can a TVS, but I have to be honest, having over 550rwtq at 2700 rpm, is hard to beat.

Just make sure you have enough money left for tires.........lots and lots of tires........ And Gas, because the first time you mash the go fast pedal, you're screwed.

I'm pushing 40 and this thing reverted me to 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #22
Jessika
Account Suspended

Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #23
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
There is no question that either centri or pd will get the job done. Once you are over 6-700 hp it is really only about bragging rights anyways for a street car. Keeping the car friendly on the street doesnt combine well with more power than that from my experience. I went with the eforce this time because I wanted a fun, reliable daily driver, and that is what I got. Totally reliable, drives like stock when not into the gas too much, and never an issue with belt slip or anything else. As a bonus, I believe my car is the fastest car on the corvette ls2 power adders list that has a stock cam and torque converter, which proves all of these blowers can go fast.
You will see two things by all of the threads and posts of people making constant changes.
1... Most people will say that what they have is best, even if thats not true for your use.
2... It is very important to be honest with yourself and decide what you want from the car before spending the money. It will save you tons of cash in the long run.

Enjoy whatever choice you make... its a blast..
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
I got the centri because i wanted more traction at low rpm's drivability has been great(over 22 MPG if i keep my foot out of it) i have over 19k on it so far and other than the crappy injectors that came with my Vortech kit been very happy.

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #25
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
As a shop owner that has been installing superchargers at a warehouse distributor level since 1991, I have removed many roots blowers in favor of a centrifugal blower, BUT I NEVER HAD A REQUEST TO GO FROM A CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGER TO A ROOTS BLOWER EVER.

Not much else I can say about that really, simple facts. That is the God's honest truth too. We sell, install and distribute every type of reputable supercharger on the market, but a centrifugal is what is on my car and it's my job to drive every type of supercharger/turbo/NA build daily for tuning all day-every day. (it's a tough job but someone has to do it)

Doug @ ECS
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging View Post
As a shop owner that has been installing superchargers at a warehouse distributor level since 1991, I have removed many roots blowers in favor of a centrifugal blower, BUT I NEVER HAD A REQUEST TO GO FROM A CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGER TO A ROOTS BLOWER EVER.

Not much else I can say about that really, simple facts. That is the God's honest truth too. We sell, install and distribute every type of reputable supercharger on the market, but a centrifugal is what is on my car and it's my job to drive every type of supercharger/turbo/NA build daily for tuning all day-every day. (it's a tough job but someone has to do it)

Doug @ ECS

Its not hard to see that being the case at all. For example, I know that after what I am currently doing to my car the SC will be maxed out. I somethings think of going to a centri to get more HP. Then I slap myself and think... why do I want more... I dont think my car would be any faster, at least not with street tires and suspension.
Its just that mod monkey on my back... always thinking more !!
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #27
Jessika
Account Suspended

To the OP. Check out the vendor for sale section!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #28
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Centrifical Blowers(Procharger,Paxton,Vortech) will always make more power pull for pull than a roots blower. A roots style blower you will heat soak after only a few spirited pulls then you start to loose power. The centrifical blowers have a nice large air to air intercooler sitting out front to cool off the intake air charge. Therfore you will always have more consistant hp with a centrifical blower over a roots stlye blower. I prefer Procharger, however the other kits out there are very nice as well. Feel free to call us for the best procharger deal around for your camaro.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote