Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #43
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN..2Ls ers stand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
Hit me up and let me know how it turns out.
of course your the founder of the 2Ls setting. .
I'm a little pissed cuz my ported t.b. I ordered from JDP motors ports won't be in in time for Wednesday. So I'm a have to put it on after the dyno tune. ....but O well we shall see.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #44
Starfox634

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS1
I actually have a question, is there a way to convert the paddle shifter buttons from the tap shift and put them into the shifter in the middle? Has anyone seen or heard of a conversion like this before?
Starfox634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #45
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox634 View Post
I actually have a question, is there a way to convert the paddle shifter buttons from the tap shift and put them into the shifter in the middle? Has anyone seen or heard of a conversion like this before?
havent heard of something like this.. sounds like alot of work for a feature thats not very practical on the 2LS.. at least until we find out whats gonna happen on the dyno tomorrow (KILLABEE)
Old 02-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #46
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox634 View Post
If you're referring to moving them to the shift lever, yes, you can. There is a vendor on this site that makes shift levers that incorporate shift buttons. You install the new lever, wire the buttons, and voila, you now tapshift from the lever itself. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116908
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #47
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
so you already have it modified then..? nice.. cant wait to see the results..

Ok just got back from the tune shop. I GOT the vmax put on..the rotofab and the elite oil catch can. And got the trans tuned thru hp. THE AIR COMPRESSOR WAS BROKE SO I COULDNT GET FHE DAMN DYNO!!!!!!!! BUT Im trna stay positive by thinking it might be better to let the computer adjust to all that new air before I do the dyno anyway.."BLACKOUTLFX" nailed it...IT WORKS SPORT MODE MANUAL MODE ON THE 2LS IS POSSIBLE..IT STAYS IN GEAR WONT UPSHIFT OR DOWN LESS U DO IT MANALLY. (Even the Lts dont do that) I CAN GO TO THE TAPSHIFT WHILE STILL IN DRIVE AND SHIFT DENIED POPS UP WHEN U TRY to PUT IT IN THIRD FROM 0...SO YES WE CAN NOW GET DYNOED.
GETTING IT DYNOED IN TWO WEEKS IMA CALL FIRST TO MAKE SURE ITS WORKING THO.:
Old 02-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #48
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post

Ok just got back from the tune shop. I GOT the vmax put on..the rotofab and the elite oil catch can. And got the trans tuned thru hp. THE AIR COMPRESSOR WAS BROKE SO I COULDNT GET FHE DAMN DYNO!!!!!!!! BUT Im trna stay positive by thinking it might be better to let the computer adjust to all that new air before I do the dyno anyway.."BLACKOUTLFX" nailed it...IT WORKS SPORT MODE MANUAL MODE ON THE 2LS IS POSSIBLE..IT STAYS IN GEAR WONT UPSHIFT OR DOWN LESS U DO IT MANALLY. (Even the Lts dont do that) I CAN GO TO THE TAPSHIFT WHILE STILL IN DRIVE AND SHIFT DENIED POPS UP WHEN U TRY to PUT IT IN THIRD FROM 0...SO YES WE CAN NOW GET DYNOED.
GETTING IT DYNOED IN TWO WEEKS IMA CALL FIRST TO MAKE SURE ITS WORKING THO.:
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. I was under the impression it worked exactly like the lt. It wont up shift or downshift while accelerating in manual mode, but it does downshft while coming to a stop right? Anyway, glad you like the way it operates.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #49
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. I was under the impression it worked exactly like the lt. It wont up shift or downshift while accelerating in manual mode, but it does downshft while coming to a stop right? Anyway, glad you like the way it operates.
gotta check it sh,,,,,, I was having so much fun driving home I didnt notice.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #50
Dvill23

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Damn do I want to do this but at the same time I don't want to void the warranty haha
Old 02-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #51
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

yes it does

Quote:
Update it does downshift when slowing down only.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #52
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

go for it!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvill23 View Post
Damn do I want to do this but at the same time I don't want to void the warranty haha
Ur only changing the tune to an upgraded camaro.., do it do it!!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #53
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Update it does downshift when slowing down only.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #54
Chris3735

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Seriously? I think those shops are too big for us little guys. That said, the only thing I haven't figured out, is how to make the display work...It might be a table that hp tuners didn't unlock and is running in the background, or some kind of firmware upgrade. I really don't care if it displays sport mode or not. So for all of the tuner that couldn't, wouldn't or are stingy......This is how it is done. These are factory lt settings. Not too hard to figure out so my guess is they just don't want to f with it. (repost updated settings) for some reason I uploaded the wrong version this is the correct one.

I am glad I know have an option for Sport Mode. I am unfamiliar with tuning but very good with computers. I assume this HP Tuners software is installed on my computer which plugs into the diagnostic ports on my computer.

My question is ... in the diagram you showed (which is really nicely done ..thank you ) , are you saying to change ONLY the fields which you have circled in red to 0? I understand the changes needed in the 0 out the TUTD menu, but I just want to verify that I only change the menus highlighted in Red to 0 .

I know it sounds dumb and an obvious answer, but I 'd like to verify. It is my baby we are talking about here. Thanks !
Chris3735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #55
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3735 View Post
I am glad I know have an option for Sport Mode. I am unfamiliar with tuning but very good with computers. I assume this HP Tuners software is installed on my computer which plugs into the diagnostic ports on my computer.

My question is ... in the diagram you showed (which is really nicely done ..thank you ) , are you saying to change ONLY the fields which you have circled in red to 0? I understand the changes needed in the 0 out the TUTD menu, but I just want to verify that I only change the menus highlighted in Red to 0 .

I know it sounds dumb and an obvious answer, but I 'd like to verify. It is my baby we are talking about here. Thanks !
The software works like you describe. Or you can take it somewhere to have it done. Yes, only the circled fields need to be zero. Change the ones that are not zero to zero and you should be fine. The TUTD menu only had downshifts listed anyway. Make sure to change the TUTD to be enabled by the tutd switch and change range to d4. I copied a stock lt tune.

Last edited by BlackoutLFX; 03-03-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #56
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

I can vouch for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3735 View Post

Just got mine done and yes my boy blackout hooked us up...only change what's in the red...only!!!!( EVEN THE TUNE GUY WAS LIKE HUH..I HAD TO EXPLAIN IT TWO HIM.) LOL. I got a whole different car now.sports mode is SICK especially with my new intake and vmax...I can't wait to get in my car now...lmao.just think.....we got the same as the LT and S'S with better gas mileage and can get dynoed.!!!!!!!!!!!!! So for those of you who traded in your 2ls for these reasons patience is the virtue...AND TO TOP IT OFF IT DON T VOID ANYTHING CUZ IT'S ONLY TUNING UR CAR TO THE SAME CAR DIFFERENT MODEL.DO IT