Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
What do you think of a overall Fest Winner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
AutoX and Drags at the same time. Folks will need to pick one and a better schedule will be needed to help with this. Also, a drivers meeting would have eliminated a lot of confusion with schedule and many had no idea what qualification runs were for.
Here is my proposal:

With a car show, AutoX and multiple drag classes, why are we still trying to cram all this in to just two days? Thursday, this year, people showed up for the Corvette museum and track day. Thats cool and all, but we are Camaro5, not Corvette5, why can't we do some of these "Camaro" Events on Thursday? Perhaps Thursday night drags under the lights? Qualifing? Or the car show on Thursday, so members that want to show their clean car on Thursday, can drag or autoX the next two days. I mean this is a once a year event.

I personally love all three events and always tried to do at least two, but now you say, everyone has to pick just one. Its worth the cost of gas, food, hotel and $100 fees if you can do more than one thing, but not if its just one event.

I vote for a third day added to next years Fest, with Thursday as a full day of actual member events. Cause if its just pick one event, many members will forego the $100 cost plus hotel and pay Saturday morning for a one day event!

How about a over all Camaro5 fest grand winner trophy based on points earned in Drags, AutoX and Car show. The Camaro has always been known as a blue-collar guy/gal type of car. A every mans auto. Inexpensive enough to modify as you want. You don't have to be rich to be apart of this club. What better represents Chevrolet and the Camaro, than a car and it's owner that can do it on all levels? We have different class levels in drag. And not every level will be the fastest at AutoX and not every AutoX car will be fastest at drags. I mean, its one thing to build a fast Camaro with a ton of money and another to be a driver good enough to do it all and also be impressive enough at a car show. Isn't that what Chevrolet has been trying to do with the ZL1 and Z28? Lets ask Chevrolet or one of the larger sponsors to sponsor the judging of a overall Festival Champion with a huge trophy or better yet, with Chevrolet Parts mods from their catalogs or a gift certificate towards the future purchase of a New Camaro?

Wouldn't everyone show up and compete in all three for a chance like that?

Lets not think smaller by having to chose one event, but think growth of Camaro5 by thinking bigger with more days for a multi-event Festival!!!!!

No other event that I know of has ever done this. It would be great and pull in new members as well as pull old members back.

Last edited by Smkymts; 08-29-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
I have never gone, but sounds like a reasonable proposal.

Money may be involved in their decisions though.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Interesting idea.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I think a 3 day event makes sense. After you travel 10 hours to get there, then it's over before you know it. Three days for a big event like the Camaro Fest would be doable.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
jjbrooks700

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Great idea!
jjbrooks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #6
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Three days would give you more time to take everything in.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #7
Lnch Mny

Drives: IBM Camaro
Thumbs up!!!
Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
as everyone is going "yeah make it 3 days". Are these the same people that would question the price increase for the event then go "well that's too much to pay, I'm not going"???

when it comes down to the money actually leaving someone's hand, they tend to rethink what they are actually asking for.

Me, I would pay extra for a third day of fun with my Camaro friends.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:44 AM   #9
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
as everyone is going "yeah make it 3 days". Are these the same people that would question the price increase for the event then go "well that's too much to pay, I'm not going"???

when it comes down to the money actually leaving someone's hand, they tend to rethink what they are actually asking for.

Me, I would pay extra for a third day of fun with my Camaro friends.

Yes, I would pay extra. I didn't get to make it to the fest this year due to work. I hope to attend next year. As for money, I would hope that the good folks (the mods) who go to great lengths to ensure a successful event, are making money for their efforts. If not, then something needs to change. The people who spend their time and energy to set up something like this deserve to profit.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #10
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
That's how they do ls fest
It is 150 for 3 days
Old 08-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #11
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Being the odd one out, (2nd gen, purpose built drag car) I like the $100 for 2 day setup. but for everyone else. it seems like a good idea.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Being the odd one out, (2nd gen, purpose built drag car) I like the $100 for 2 day setup. but for everyone else. it seems like a good idea.
I understand its not for everyone, not everyone is going to enter Multiple events (i.e. - drag, car show, autoX). Yes, I would love a three day event. But I started this to talk about crowning a over all Fest champion. I propose points assigned to every top 5 or 10 event winners. The more events you signup for and place, the more points you get. And at the end of the three day event, the person with the most points, gets the trophy. In the event of a tie, then have a Chevrolet representive or a "Camaro of the Year" Trophy sponsor then picks the winner. So the more events you sign up for the better chance you have to be crowned the best. This point assignment eliminates any one event winner, nor just the fastest, or just the owner who spends the most on their car from being crowned.

I also propose that the entery price be adjusted for the number of events you enter or the number of days you stay.

Please respond with your thoughts.

Last edited by Smkymts; 09-18-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post

Please respond with your thoughts.

I think it's a great idea. Anything to get more people involved and, if the fest lasts longer, give them a reason to enter more events and stay every day. Some may not be able to swing it, but, in the big picture, it will help the fest earn money and be successful. I don't see a downside to it. They already run these events, so crowning an overall winner isn't much more work... and the payoff should be nice. Maybe charge $20 to enter in the "Fest Champion" contest? Perhaps even put the winner on the next year's T-Shirts?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #14
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I say make it a week.
Camaro5week
Mustangs have a mustang week thats very successful.
On its 14th year this year. http://www.mustangweek.com/
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote