Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Drivablity Problems solved

We bought this 15 2LT 2 weeks ago going from a 01 RAM AIR TA to DBW is quite a change. At 1st we thought we just needed to get accustomed to the throttle pedal but it never happened. it just had a mind of its own shifting up and down all the time, no low speed throttle control either. It was either go 40mph or nothing. Today I called the local dealer service dept to make a appointment to have it checked out, they told me its probably a dirty throttle body 54 dollars to clean it.

I figure no problem I'll clean it and save 54 bucks..........well when I went to remove the rubber boot I discovered the boot was folded into itself all along the bottom and was wide open! I straightened out the best I could then reinstalled it carefully and the car works perfect now. Can't have all that unmetered air entering the engine. The MAF info is also used to shift the trans. I have to assume when the dealer did the top engine BG induction service 20k miles ago reinstalled it wrong!

Might want to check yours if you experiencing any weirdness in throttle response or trans.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote