Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2019, 08:45 AM   #15
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I mean, I live in Florida and from when I start my car to when the catalytic warm up cycle ends my AC is at least cool. When I start driving I am turning the temperature up because Max AC or the initial notch at the blue dot freezes my left hand. And my basis for this post is having my car parked outside the Executive airport which has no shade and is just a giant slab of asphalt.

Maybe you're right about your car but in the other direction. Maybe your car has an oddity and that's why no one else talks about it. Not trying to dissuade you, everyone's car can have quirks. I, personally, have not had an issue like this. Maybe because of my hood insert though, so it can vent the underhood air? Unsure.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #16
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Well the other possibility is the air door is not closing completely on the heater core. The best I can tell it is BUT I can't physically see it. I can only check the actuator position. Regardless the fact the heater core sits below the gauges is really nuts IMO. Normally it would be mounted away from the driver as close to the firewall as possible. It may have something to do with crash testing too. When a car is hit hard the evap and heater core can rupture and cause injury depending on the circumstances. I was in a bad accident with our 68 Camaro and the heater core ruptured then hot coolant was instantly coming out of the dash but on the passenger side. Nothing got on me but it smelled and the car filled with coolant steam.

DSX next time you drive the car more than 20 miles and shut it off for 10mins try starting the car with the HVAC set to vent NO AC on and feel how warm the air is coming out the vents. Also put your hand on the center console below the gauges near where your knee would be and feel how warm the plastic is after heat soaking.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:12 AM   #17
LukeG

Drives: 2015 Camaro V6
https://www.keislerautomation.com/

They make a bypass for the LFX that isn't listed on the website yet. It is available for sale though. Just contact them.
LukeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:53 PM   #18
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Hey thanks. Valve came in today may install it sat take some pictures.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote