Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #43
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I figgered it was right up your alley! There were some real knuckleheads who thought a lot more of their cars than it could deliver. Hmm, why does that ring a bell?

That's a OP of a loud bell that ring once every few days lol
Old 06-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #44
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
One might even say a "rockin" bell
Old 06-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I figgered it was right up your alley! There were some real knuckleheads who thought a lot more of their cars than it could deliver. Hmm, why does that ring a bell?
Where have I heard that lol.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 AM   #46
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Don't sleep on the Kias!

They aren't the same company they were a decade ago. I had an '11 Optima the first year they came out with the redesign, it was the base 200hp model (only one you could get with an M6) and slow as hell but otherwise that was a great car. The interior was amazing, and dead silent. I took the dash apart to replace the stereo and was amazed at the engineering that went into it, it made all of the domestic vehicles I've owned and disassembled look like cheap snap-tite models. If I didn't use my truck so much, I would love to have an AWD Stinger for my winter "beater".
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:13 AM   #47
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Good thing the butt trumpet on that Stinger woke up the guy in the ZL1 or it could have been worse, unless they gave the Stinger 0.5 sec on the tree.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #48
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Nice Kia run. I think I’d rather hear an electric motor than that thing. You just never know what might go down when you line em up.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #49
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
NOWAY....they landed on the MOON!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #50
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
sorry,youll see me in a mustang with an electric motor before you see me in a kia.and before that happens people in hell will need ice skates.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #51
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
sorry,youll see me in a mustang with an electric motor before you see me in a kia.and before that happens people in hell will need ice skates.
Man, Amen to that. I hate the direction the auto industry is going. Even in the good ole boy sport of nascar they are saying as early as 2022 the cars could be hybrid.... LAME!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:59 PM   #52
Benman

Drives: 13 IOM 2ss RS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Man, Amen to that. I hate the direction the auto industry is going. Even in the good ole boy sport of nascar they are saying as early as 2022 the cars could be hybrid.... LAME!
I used to be a NASCAR fanatic, from the early 80's until about 2007 I watched most races on TV, went to the track once Texas Motor Speedway opened, then both races when they got their second date. When they got their big TV contract that moved the coverage from cable channels like TNN, ESPN, TBS etc. the other channels quit having coverage for most other supporting series, Thursday night thunder disappeared and the shows like winners and such were gone as well. NASCAR seemed to make the decision that they wanted "new" fans, a started catering to folks who had never supported, nor knew anything about NASCAR or any other racing for that matter. I gave up paying any attention to it in 2008 as a result of the lack of loyalty shown by the sport towards it's traditional fans with moves like "The Chase" format, the COT(car of tomorrow), and many other changes that changed it from racing to just putting on another TV show. I miss the days when racing was racing. Sadly NHRA has followed this trend. I guess it's just the natural progression of things but the product NASCAR now airs holds no interest for me, and I doubt it will survive much longer as sponsors and fans walk away. Bristol used to have a 2-3 year waiting list just to buy a ticket to a race there, now they don't even fill the stands.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #53
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Last Nascar race I watched was when Earnhardt lost his fight with life. No more for me, its dead to me.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote