Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #71
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
From memory
Pzero
Pzero Russo
Comp 2
Nt-05
Supercars
PSS

Might have missed some as he deleted the post for whatever reason.
Quote:
I guess you didn't actually read the thread....next time maybe be a little more in the loop before you attempt humor.
Quote:
The list was full of sub par tires and the NT-05 was the closest thing to a real tire on there aside from the stock Goodyear's and the PSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
What were the NUMEROUS tires?
Quote:
Can't blame him. I wouldn't want others to know I bought some of those picks either
Quote:
Defensive yet again. I am not sure what your deal is, but the personal attacks? I live in a different state, where weather determines our seasons. My season started 2-3 weeks ago. What is funny is that I probably competed against more people in the past three events than you have all year.....something to think about before you start your next hissy fit. The next event has 200 registered already and is still 2 weeks away. But please continue on with your 5th gen experience and knowledge with tires.
Quote:

We're not worthy great God of 5th Gens
If you Noobs, I'm sorry, Gentlemen can't respect all of the time and effort someone like SoCalCamaro have put into this sport with both of his cars since 2009 then please take your subtle insults and higher than thou opinions elsewhere. He is here sharing exactly what he has done with two Camaro's since they came out and optional tires for our cars were non existent. You two are obviously, based on year of cars and post count, new to this forum and the Camaro and should show a little respect to those of us that have been around the block for a few more years than you have.

I am also getting sick and tired of folks asking for an opinion only to complain about the opinions, based on facts, they get. If you ask for an opinion take them for what they are worth based on the experience of the individual. If you don't like it keep it to yourself. Complaining about it makes you look childish and moronic.

Some of you people need to grow up, learn how to search this forum for the basics and educate yourself. While you are at it, respect the folks who have been here since the beginning and know what the hell we are talking about. We may not know everything but since we have been around the block a few times we know where to find the answers.

These posts are meant to be positive and constructive in promoting how to make our cars faster/better on the Road Course/AutoX. If you can not contribute in such a way please feel free to find another forum to vent your frustrations.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #72
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
If you Noobs, I'm sorry, Gentlemen can't respect all of the time and effort someone like SoCalCamaro have put into this sport with both of his cars since 2009 then please take your subtle insults and higher than thou opinions elsewhere. He is here sharing exactly what he has done with two Camaro's since they came out and optional tires for our cars were non existent. You two are obviously, based on year of cars and post count, new to this forum and the Camaro and should show a little respect to those of us that have been around the block for a few more years than you have.

I am also getting sick and tired of folks asking for an opinion only to complain about the opinions, based on facts, they get. If you ask for an opinion take them for what they are worth based on the experience of the individual. If you don't like it keep it to yourself. Complaining about it makes you look childish and moronic.

Some of you people need to grow up, learn how to search this forum for the basics and educate yourself. While you are at it, respect the folks who have been here since the beginning and know what the hell we are talking about. We may not know everything but since we have been around the block a few times we know where to find the answers.

These posts are meant to be positive and constructive in promoting how to make our cars faster/better on the Road Course/AutoX. If you can not contribute in such a way please feel free to find another forum to vent your frustrations.

T.
Thank you sir... well said...

This is a really good thread, so we are going to get back on track now.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #73
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post

T.
Thank you for that!

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #74
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Sorry, I did not start personal attacks here. He wants to pretend to be a big fish in a little pond and give information that is flat out wrong then that is up to him. I personally don't care if he bought the first camaro made. Autox is autox and experience transfers from one car to the next. High post count and join date means more to some of you than proven national caliber data? If so than that will make my life a life a lot easier but continue to make the camaro useless when competing at higher levels.
Im not writing this to justify anyones position or further any sort of argument but he does have a point with this. Theres been multiple times I've seen someone chastised for being new to the forum/low post count, same thing with having a newer camaro. For all we know these very same people could be a chassis tech for a professional race team.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #75
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Im not writing this to justify anyones position or further any sort of argument but he does have a point with this. Theres been multiple times I've seen someone chastised for being new to the forum/low post count, same thing with having a newer camaro. For all we know these very same people could be a chassis tech for a professional race team.
...and it's usually very easy to pick these folks out. They conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #76
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Sorry, I did not start personal attacks here. He wants to pretend to be a big fish in a little pond and give information that is flat out wrong then that is up to him. I personally don't care if he bought the first camaro made. Autox is autox and experience transfers from one car to the next. High post count and join date means more to some of you than proven national caliber data? If so than that will make my life a life a lot easier but continue to make the camaro useless when competing at higher levels.
That is just it, you do not seem to care about your fellow posters and show the respect or even common courtesy one expects in life. For that I am sorry for you. If you can't find it within yourself to extend even these common courtesies to your fellow man please don't join the conversation.

As to the rest of you statement, well there is so much in error with these statements that I will not even go there. We have plenty of folks who have been in AutoX for years and have brought their expertise to us without the attitude that losing yours will not be a loss.

No one is better than anyone else here and the sooner you realize that the better. If not, well, please choose not to return otherwise it will be chosen for you. These posts are meant to be positive and constructive in promoting how to make our cars faster/better on the Road Course/AutoX.

We value all experience around here but we do not appreciate the attitude that someone is better than someone else. We applaud someone's accomplishments and offer words of encouragement when folks are down. You seem like someone with experience. Maybe you could take a step back, have a beer, take look in the mirror and realize you are no better than anyone else. If you can come back with a better attitude we will welcome you, if you can not adjust your attitude then please, do not come back.

T.

GO HAWKS!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #77
mlee
CamaroFans.com

OK, this thread topic interests me since I will be ready for a set of tires in the next few months and will be doing the drag radials a separate set of 18" wheels.

As far as the F1's, I really like them and definitely prefer the look over the thick sidewall of the PSS. Maybe it's because I'm used to them on this car, but I feel like I'm always in control and can pull some serious G's. If the PSS works better then maybe I'll try this route and check it out for myself.

AutoX coming up at the fest (hopefully I get to run) and then hitting MSR Houston for some road track action in May. After that the tires will be shot.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #78
umiami2312

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
so after all that reading... if i plan on 2-3 track weekends at HPDE per year(Homestead), it sounds like PSS will be a better replacement choice for me over the F1's since 95% of my driving is on the road(for now). I just need to be a bit more careful when they get heated up. I'm more into learning how to control my car at high speeds and driving the racing line than trying to turn the fastest lap possible.
umiami2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #79
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Michelin Pilot Sports are what come on a CTS-V. They very good, IMO for a street tire used for AutoX.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #80
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Michelin Pilot Sports are what come on a CTS-V. They very good, IMO for a street tire used for AutoX.
They also come on the new Stingrays too.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #81
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
"Turn-in slightly delayed compared with the Yokos", "We assumed that the stickier, faster Yokos would make the M3 more entertaining". Amazing how this came as a result I still think this tire is superior to the Yokos AD08R. Yokohama AD08R 295-30-19s AD08r was driven by me in 14 degree temps during winter no issue, on 37 degree temp on slush covered highway, no issue, oh hot 85 degree temps on hot road surface no issue but has extremely weak tire beads. I like how Michelin has stronger beads than the Yokohamas though which made wonder if the ones that come on the C7 in ZP trim will be better overall since it has stiffer sidewalls than the regular SS and more like the 295s Yokohamas. Strong beads are required for good steering response and rear end stability, Michelin does this Yokohama doesn't. I still got my eye on the Michelin Cup 2 now that they are available in 305-30-19s with a narrow 10" theadwidth or the PS2 that is stiffer than SS since I like firm tires.

Last edited by L99CAMA2011; 06-15-2014 at 09:14 AM.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #82
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
You can crutch turn-in response somewhat by mounting the tires on relatively wider rims (out towards max recommended).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #83
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
You can crutch turn-in response somewhat by mounting the tires on relatively wider rims (out towards max recommended).

Norm
Also true. I have an opposite condition with my Hankook RS3s 305-30-19s on 19x 10.5" rims. Very strong tire even with softer shoulders still offers instant turn in with 1degree camber.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote