Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
switchcars.com claims they will ship worldwide

I just came across a website that claims they are getting several 2010 Camaros and they can ship worldwide. I'm not vouching for the site, but they look legit. Some of you guys overseas might want to contact them and see if you finally have a way to get ahold of a Camaro soon.

www.switchcars.com
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
I just came across a website that claims they are getting several 2010 Camaros and they can ship worldwide. I'm not vouching for the site, but they look legit. Some of you guys overseas might want to contact them and see if you finally have a way to get ahold of a Camaro soon.

www.switchcars.com
What makes them look legit? I too can create a website full of youtube video's if I wanted to.. Before recommending this, you need to call GM and find out of they are real and are getting allocations..
Old 04-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I don't NEED to do anything. I already said that I wasn't vouching for the site. It's just something I came across and thought I'd share it with someone that might want to look into it further.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
I don't NEED to do anything. I already said that I wasn't vouching for the site. It's just something I came across and thought I'd share it with someone that might want to look into it further.
No problem man. Let's hope if they are legit, they at least don't markup over MSRP and allow for supplier and GSM discounts.. If not they shouldn't have the honor of getting their own thread like this and should be placed in the price gouging thread...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
You can call GM and they will tell you this. GM does not export vehicles. Only a new car dealer can sell a gm vehicle we are not even supposed to do broker deals. The only way to export is military and must be approved by gm. You can export any car if it has been in the U.S. for 6 months or if it has 7,500 miles. This is GM's law and a dealer not obiding by this can be charged back the full amount of the car. So there are very few dealers willing to take the chance. And no one gets an allocation expcept a GM dealer.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
switchcars

Drives: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by nol300 View Post
You can call GM and they will tell you this. GM does not export vehicles. Only a new car dealer can sell a gm vehicle we are not even supposed to do broker deals. The only way to export is military and must be approved by gm. You can export any car if it has been in the U.S. for 6 months or if it has 7,500 miles. This is GM's law and a dealer not obiding by this can be charged back the full amount of the car. So there are very few dealers willing to take the chance. And no one gets an allocation except a GM dealer.
Switchcars will have a few 2SS cars available for export....hopefully soon. As mentioned in a lot of other threads, delivery seems to be quite random. We are not a GM dealer, we are an independent, and no, we are not getting allocations directly from the factory.

We sent a whole bunch of Challengers overseas, especially since the dealers were unwilling/unable to, and hope to do the same with the Camaros, in addition to selling to local customers. With the world market the way it is....demand is certainly not the same. It is what it is; we are excited to see and drive the new car whether we sell 1 or 20.

Mods, feel free to merge, delete, do whatever with this thread; not intending it to be a commercial post - just answering questions. Thanks!
switchcars is offline   Reply With Quote