Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
We may have bought our last.............

General motors Product, we are having some major problems with my hsubands 00 vette & its causing alot of headaches & disappontments with my husband. We love the car but if its in the shop every 6 months or so with computer issues or what have you, its not worth it anymore to keep buying new cars.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
i'll take it.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's a lemon probably. Every company has one of these every once in a while. If you got it recently, you can return it for another vehicle depending on your state laws on lemons.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
I've never owned a 'vette but I've read the 97-00 of the C5's aren't the most reliable. Most the time it is something electrical and within that, it is mostly a lost battery charge.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Usually (in my experiance) when you start having electrical/computer problems, the easy repairs only work for a little while, and then you start getting intermittent failure codes again, and the cycle just continues. If its worth it we'd replace the computer/electronics all together, or trade it in. If you got like a diablo programmer we'd park the car at the dealership and clear all the failure codes right there. I'd seriously be trying what Blur said "get it replaced"!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It's a lemon probably. Every company has one of these every once in a while. If you got it recently, you can return it for another vehicle depending on your state laws on lemons.
We bought the car well over a year ago, & only a few days after we got the car, one of the computers went bad on it & the dealership we bought it from refused to do anything about it because we did not get the EW on the car. The dealership we took it to, forced the other dealership to pay half .

Then started the leaking problem. Now this car is like the ZO6s(its a base model vette) that has the fitted roof, No glass top, not a vert. So my husband didnt drive it much, We think we may have gotten the leaks fixed though.

Then the Column lock happen & we were able to fix it then at another dealership. what I have been reading over at the Corvette forum is that the cl may have not of stuck, if they just reprogram the computer that doesnt always do it, it may go back to old programing.

if we dont get this fixed it means NO new Camaro for me this coming year may have to go get a Toyota

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
may have to go get a Toyota
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

"Toyota Motor Corporation is recalling over 470,000 cars in Japan due to problems with the fuel and steering systems, the automaker said.
The recall was meant to exchange parts used in the fuel control system and pipes, which may cause fuel leaks, the auto giant said."

"A 2008 Toyota Prius that was converted into a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle caught on fire during a routine drive in South Carolina and subsequently exploded, according to a service that monitored the sedan for the utility that owned it."
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This is just a personal opinion, but I would never buy a high profile car like that used, and here are a few reasons why:

1) You don't know if the original driver beat the shit out of it
2) it was in a flood, fire, etc- even small ones can effect electricle components substantially
3) people that modify cars usually like to do it themselves and could mess with electronics
4) Its a specialty car by nature, I have only owned a few cars but generally I dont think you can expect a sports car to run as long as a commuter for the pure fact that its high-strung everything for components.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
hey krazykowgirl.... how much you want for it?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
hey krazykowgirl.... how much you want for it?
Not for sale YET lol.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
You've got 7 cars. Just pick one to drive twice a week until this one's fixed.
I may have 7 cars but the corvettes get better gas miles than any of the other ones lol. except for my Iroc because as long as you are pushing it it doesnt take gas lol.

Plus my husband has a about 80mile round trip commute each day.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #12
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
"A 2008 Toyota Prius that was converted into a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle caught on fire during a routine drive in South Carolina and subsequently exploded, according to a service that monitored the sedan for the utility that owned it."
That particular incident had nothing to do with Toyota. The failure was in an aftermarket modification, and I bet the company that sold it will sell modifications for the Volt too.

Anyway, Toyota's reputation used to be well deserved, but two things happened:
- They got away from their specialty, building simple cars that last; this reduced their quality
- GM (and other manufacturers) picked up some of their own slack, catching up on quality

The proof is in the pudding. My dad and I bought brand new 2002 GMC and Toyota pickups, almost identically specified and equipped. Now, years later and with almost the same mileage, my GMC has been more reliable and held up better, though his Toyota has probably required less investment in repairs. All in all, I'd either give the advantage to GMC or call it a tie.

My GMC never left me stranded or had any dangerous failure, but did go through a lot of wheel bearings and had a recall for rusty tailgate cables. His Toyota had a defective ball joint that resulted in the wheel breaking off and rolling under the truck, potentially a disaster; it has had various small and medium problems (as mine has too). After all that, his Toyota runs like an old beater, somewhat loud and rough, and his 4wd goes "clunk" and must be engaged at a stop or low speeds. My GMC is quiet and smooth and the 4wd on it is too.

Anyway, they're all pretty close these days; Kia might still be lagging behind a little, and if Isuzu and Suzuki still sell cars I'd probably stay away from them, but GM/Ford/Chrysler/Honda/Toyota/Nissan products should be pretty comparable, quality-wise; Hyundai and VW are looking pretty decent in the last couple years.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...

Last edited by theholycow; 06-23-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Missed "never" in "My GMC never left me stranded"
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Anyway, Toyota's reputation used to be well deserved, but two things happened:
- They got away from their specialty, building simple cars that last; this reduced their quality
- GM (and other manufacturers) picked up some of their own slack, catching up on quality
I totally agree with you there! For me the Supra is proof of that. I just don't see the need to pour money into another country when our economy is in the state that it is. GM last year came in first place in sales in 7 of the 8 car markets can you guess which one it was, they dont even sale our cars. It just kinda P's me off, wish I was born in the babyboomer age when "Made in America" ment something to everyone!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
My brother's 02 GMC has those exact same problems.
Thanks for quoting the small piece you did, instead of the whole thing. It forced me to notice that I missed the word "Never".

To re-state:
My GMC never left me stranded

But anyway, I think the wheel bearings are a common problem for the GM full size truck line, and making that worse, they are integrated with the hub and part of the ABS sensor. New units cost $200 or more. I understand that they're at least very easy to replace, though I always had mine done by a mechanic.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote