Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
2015 Camaro v6 trans tune

Can someone get me in right direction where to go to a decent trans tune? I assume I need HP tuners and a file? Any info would be great, the factory trans tuning is terrible.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
The GM V8 Trans part of the HP Tuners Forum has good info. They share the same tuning software, just the internals are different. Biggest improvement will be to reduce the torque manager and set the Speed Ctrl Term to immediate, this will cause timing to return immediately after the shift instead of being gradually added back.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Thanks for the info, I've read a few posts on IPF tune but I tried to contact them without success. I don't want to give up the regular fuel, I just want all this lagging crazy shifting stopped and the auto down shifting going down hills! Most bazar thing I've ever had a car do.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Thanks for the info, I've read a few posts on IPF tune but I tried to contact them without success. I don't want to give up the regular fuel, I just want all this lagging crazy shifting stopped and the auto down shifting going down hills! Most bazar thing I've ever had a car do.
They got out of the Camaro V6 area due to the backstabbing by certain vendors. With HP Tuners you can get the thing shifting fast, I had mine shifting in 50 milliseconds, average stock is 250 milliseconds.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Ok what exactly do I need to do my own tuning, HP tuners and a lap top? I'm not new to electronics but I don't have experience loading and saving tunes. I have to assume if something goes wrong while flashing the PCM it turns into a very big mess.

I want to delay this thing from shifting into 6th gear before 50 mph, I also want to stop what ever craziness is going on every time you get off the throttle above 40mph and try to tip back in. I think the TC unlocks for a second then relocks because the car lurches forward then dies then goes. Its really getting on my last nerve. Dam monkey's could tune better than this!
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Ok what exactly do I need to do my own tuning, HP tuners and a lap top? I'm not new to electronics but I don't have experience loading and saving tunes. I have to assume if something goes wrong while flashing the PCM it turns into a very big mess.

I want to delay this thing from shifting into 6th gear before 50 mph, I also want to stop what ever craziness is going on every time you get off the throttle above 40mph and try to tip back in. I think the TC unlocks for a second then relocks because the car lurches forward then dies then goes. Its really getting on my last nerve. Dam monkey's could tune better than this!
Just need the HP Tuners suite/module and the laptop. You can download the software suite for free to start learning how to open tune files and make changes. It comes with a bunch of sample tunes. When you get the device itself, you plug it into the OBD2 port, connect it to the software on the laptop (I think the newer ones use Bluetooth, I still have the 1.0 version which is a USB cable). Turn the key to run (but not start), and click the read button (green arrow above a chip). The Camaro has 3 control units on it, the Engine Control Unit, the Transmission Control Unit, and the Fuel Pump Control Unit. You won't need to the last one unless you are boosted/changed fuel pumps.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

I have sneaky suspicion the weirdness I was feeling tipping in the throttle had something to do with the fuel pump-filtering system. I put a strong cleaner in the fuel and after 100 miles its seems to be acting like I would expect, smooth throttle transitions going from no throttle to resuming speed. I had also noticed if I had the throttle at 3/4 and backed off a bit the engine had more power like it was on the lean side. I hope this settled it. Thanks for your replies, I wish I was closer I'd certainly pay you to make a few changes.