Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Gas Gauge Stopped Werkin

Gas Gauge just stayed at empty, drove the car a few times still at Empty. So I tried cycling the key 3 times on then off, That seems to have fixed it. Anyone else have trouble like this?
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
Chevyjk33

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Mine has been intermittently been doing that where I start with a full tank and then next time I get in its half empty or showing totally empty. It hasn't happened for months, but just did the other day. I haven't found a lot of threads with the issue, so I guess we are the unlucky few. From what I did find it sounds like a faulty sending unit that needs replaced. Unfortunately, that requires dropping the tank to get it done.
Chevyjk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyjk33 View Post
Mine has been intermittently been doing that where I start with a full tank and then next time I get in its half empty or showing totally empty. It hasn't happened for months, but just did the other day. I haven't found a lot of threads with the issue, so I guess we are the unlucky few. From what I did find it sounds like a faulty sending unit that needs replaced. Unfortunately, that requires dropping the tank to get it done.

Remove the back seat and cut an access panel. Easy DIY project. There are videos.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyjk33 View Post
That's exactly what happened, she filled it came home. Next start it was empty. Drove it a few times and it stayed at empty. Then I cycled the key 3 times and it instantly started working again.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
That's exactly what happened, she filled it came home. Next start it was empty. Drove it a few times and it stayed at empty. Then I cycled the key 3 times and it instantly started working again.

But at least it is a bad ass fast v6 with gears, stall and tune that gets awesome mileage. You got that going for you.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote