Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2019, 09:16 AM   #29
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Lol he already knows that the super freak has been tuned for premium fuel, a high stall converter and gears. Still waiting for pictures btw
Exactly. He stated in one of his other "praise my v6" threads that he "knew" those had been changed from a tuner telling him.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #30
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Exactly. He stated in one of his other "praise my v6" threads that he "knew" those had been changed from a tuner telling him.
The damned monkey got his phone again.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:03 PM   #31
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
The tuner is almost impossible to contact because he is so busy. I wanted to get a copy of the tune emailed to me so I can look at it. So far hes not responding to my request, I just don't think he has time for a small job plus he already told me he doesn't tune v6 cars. He was nice enough to look at it the 1st time but I just didn't think of asking for a copy. SOB

I have pictures just didn't have time to post them up, effin monkey is on my back alldee time! Its a nice car but I miss the TA more than I like this.
Attached Images

Last edited by 152LTRockin; 05-23-2019 at 10:56 PM.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #32
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
^^^

Not to be a smart ass, but if you have the means to look at a tune file you should have the means to download it yourself.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #33
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Its a nice car but I miss the TA more than I like this.
The honeymoon is over already huh? Seems like just the other day it was faster and more fun to drive than your WS6. For the record, I agree with you... I'd rather have the T/A, loved that Navy Blue Metallic.
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #34
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
The honeymoon is over already huh? Seems like just the other day it was faster and more fun to drive than your WS6. For the record, I agree with you... I'd rather have the T/A, loved that Navy Blue Metallic.
Was that indigo blue metallic? That’s the color my Silverado is painted and I love it. I’d rather have the ta too...maybe not more than my abm 2ss but I’ve always loved the late 4th gen ta’s especially the ws6
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #35
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
^^^

Not to be a smart ass, but if you have the means to look at a tune file you should have the means to download it yourself.
I asked him to get a copy of it so that I could look at it because we are having scheduling conflicts meeting in person. Figured if it still existed on that first tuner's computer, he might be able to just forward it over.

We are trying to coordinate a way to meet up so that I can take a look at the tune and the car and make sure everything is running how it's supposed to and not dangerously.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:56 AM   #36
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
No I really like the Camaro just really miss the TA's rough nasty character
and of course the sound of it. Honestly it would have never gotten sold but I'm hurting to bad to do any real work on the TA and trying to find someone I trusted to work on the engine was impossible. Plus it was using A lot of oil, qt every 300 miles but still ran good. number 5 piston was worn. The Camaro runs great but the throttle is awful touchy and way too responsive AND using regular fuel the engine was noisy and was pulling timing for sure. The tuner guy is too busy to help me right now, its his busiest time. I should have thought of asking for a copy of the tune but it was crazy the day I was there., guy was being pulled in 10 different directions.
Slingnot, what you don't know would fill a book!
Old 05-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #37
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
No I really like the Camaro just really miss the TA's rough nasty character
and of course the sound of it. Honestly it would have never gotten sold but I'm hurting to bad to do any real work on the TA and trying to find someone I trusted to work on the engine was impossible. Plus it was using A lot of oil, qt every 300 miles but still ran good. number 5 piston was worn. The Camaro runs great but the throttle is awful touchy and way too responsive AND using regular fuel the engine was noisy and was pulling timing for sure. The tuner guy is too busy to help me right now, its his busiest time. I should have thought of asking for a copy of the tune but it was crazy the day I was there., guy was being pulled in 10 different directions.
Slingnot, what you don't know would fill a book!
Hands down, I'd put his knowledge over yours.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #38
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yep, if what “Slingnot” doesn’t know would fill a book, then what rockin’ doesn’t know would break the internet.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #39
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

LMAO oh yeah hes a real can whoopazz there LMAO more like a internet troll and bore all rolled into one. If he knew anything about tunes he would know how I can look at it. Geez its just a simple file. I'm starting to wonder honestly are most of you still in kindergarten. I mean if you are grown adults posting up the childless crap I've read on here you seriously need counseling.

Now next you're not going to believe I'm a consultant and was called up to diagnose trouble on this the past 2 days.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #40
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
LMAO oh yeah hes a real can whoopazz there LMAO more like a internet troll and bore all rolled into one. If he knew anything about tunes he would know how I can look at it. Geez its just a simple file. I'm starting to wonder honestly are most of you still in kindergarten. I mean if you are grown adults posting up the childless crap I've read on here you seriously need counseling.

Now next you're not going to believe I'm a consultant and was called up to diagnose trouble on this the past 2 days.
Whoa, that's awesome. A friend of yours own that?

M3 scout?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #41
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Nah, just pickin’ on ya rockin’. But you do throw your share of rocks. LOL! Glad you’re havin’ fun with your Camaro!

Interested to see what’s in that tune, though. Someone is close to you that can help figure it out. Maybe the two of you can connect soon.

My hypothesis is that your car was once heavily modifed then returned close to stock and sold.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #42
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
My hypothesis is that your car was once heavily modifed then returned close to stock and sold.
I'm not so sure about it being heavily modified. Outside of mace cams or boost, there isn't all that much for the LFX.

I want to see the tune, make sure CELs weren't shut off, and that torque management wasn't completely removed. I'm hoping we have a good day to datalog his car and fuel trims too

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote