Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #29
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yea I know all of us oil guys are the root of all evil. We have to feed our families too you know. I’m glad your enjoying your car.
I can't say what I've been involved with but I can tell you this........everyone suffers to keep the elite in power. The things that are possible that are basically FREE for ALL are endless. The planet is a Very sad place to live in these respects. At least in this country its still possible to have some cake and eat it. I hope it stays that way a long time after I'm gone. When you drive your Camaro, if you enjoy it never take it for granted. You just don't know any of you.

Last edited by 152LTRockin; 06-02-2019 at 10:37 PM.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #30
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
where is the turbo 4 banger love????
I drove one, not for me. I really don't get it in any way. What they should offer is a twin turbo v6 Camaro like they are doing for the truck guys. I'd be in that line!
Old 06-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #31
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
V6 are for feminists and tree huggers that sit out front of Starbucks and complain about how everyone should be like them .....Just take another puff off your vape and chive on you under powered v6 fan girl. Pathetic excuse for a motor

V8 rule the world , it's our world buddy and your just kinda living in it

SS FOR LIFE
Old 06-03-2019, 02:29 AM   #32
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
V6 are for feminists and tree huggers that sit out front of Starbucks and complain about how everyone should be like them .....Just take another puff off your vape and chive on you under powered v6 fan girl. Pathetic excuse for a motor

SS FOR LIFE
mic drop
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:28 AM   #33
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

SS FOR LIFE
Damn...

Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:14 AM   #34
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
completely satisfied with my car. echo the op.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:15 AM   #35
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:

SS FOR LIFE
Go on tell us what you really think!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #36
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
152LT - very happy you are enjoying the car and glad your mileage is so awesome. Makes me a little jealous that I only get 10mpg now in my cammed LS3 with 3.91s just installed. But I only drive it 100 miles per week. The wife and I take the 2LT convertible out anytime we go out together and you're right, it is a blast to drive and looks awesome with much better mileage.

Keep enjoying it for many years!
Old 06-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #37
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:

SS FOR LIFE
FWIW I'd drive a V6 for a daily to get the MPG.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:22 PM   #38
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:

SS FOR LIFE
You have some sort of mental illness.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #39
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
152LT - very happy you are enjoying the car and glad your mileage is so awesome. Makes me a little jealous that I only get 10mpg now in my cammed LS3 with 3.91s just installed. But I only drive it 100 miles per week. The wife and I take the 2LT convertible out anytime we go out together and you're right, it is a blast to drive and looks awesome with much better mileage.

Keep enjoying it for many years!
TY we will, I'm thinking about making a ram air system for it. I looked at the present air filter system, it could use ALOT of improvement.

10mpg that's kookoo and too much for me at the pump but I'm sure its a experience to drive.

davidscamaro you gotta come out of the closet<this DOOD prolly owns a Yugo
Old 06-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #40
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
TY we will, I'm thinking about making a ram air system for it. I looked at the present air filter system, it could use ALOT of improvement.

10mpg that's kookoo and too much for me at the pump but I'm sure its a experience to drive.

davidscamaro you gotta come out of the closet<this DOOD prolly owns a Yugo
If you figure something out for the ram air, let me know. I think a good ram air/ cold air kit sounds better than and aftermarket exhaust on these v6's and would be interested in doing something like that on mine.

As for the 10mpg, i agree... it's kookoo, but the power is freaking crazy. I am ok with the tradeoff especially since I put very little miles on it.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #41
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post

No you can't. You won't find any restriction in the factory setup at all. And it does draw in ambient air from behind the grill.
In fact, those Helmholtz resonators built into the intake tube provide more complete cylinder filling at low and mid RPMs than a straight tube. Which results in better performance and mileage at cruising speeds.
What Does an Air Intake Resonator Do? | eHow
Any ram air system will require speeds in excess of 60MPH to have any effect.
With the push from the EPA every single component of your intake and exhaust have been optimized for your vehicle at a cost you paid when you bought the car. The catalytic converters are hi flow from the factory. The mufflers don't suppress more than 6HP at WOT and high RPMs on a V8, less on a V6.
A CAI looks nice and makes some noise, but that's about it until you go with improved flow to make power at higher RPMs. Since you cannot add headers to your V6 none of that means diddly. No sense putting more air in if it can't get out.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:26 PM   #42
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
You have some sort of mental illness.

Could be , I did cam my SS in a gravel driveway with no cover plus subframe bushing , 1000hp cv axles and long tubes. Quite a few would call that mental. I call it being a true gear head and all hand tools no compressed air at my house

Last edited by davidscamaro; 06-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.
davidscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote