Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
How picky are dealer service depts

I am a camaro newb and and wanted to know if the dealers are voiding warranty's or how picky are they to mods?

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
It really depends on your relationship with them. They have lots of leeway at their discretion to either "help" you or "hurt" you with regard to warranty claims. I would suggest getting to know them, bring them coffee on a cold morning, etc. It will go a LOOOOONG way in helping you. I had a 900+ hp GT500 that was HIGLY modified and the warranty was definitely voided by all the things I did to it, but I had a great relationship with my Ford dealer's service dept, so when something went wrong, like my oil cooler that failed, they warrantied it.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
great idea I guess I am bring coffe and donuts next time in..

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
dealerships

I changed my dealer. I have been doing business with them for over 3 years. My favorite Pontiac dealer closed up and I had a really good realtionship with that dealer. My sales manager went to a different dealership so I kind of followed him lol. I now drive 27 miles each way to my chevy dealership but they are awesome. When I bought my camaro new almost 3 years ago I started added acessories to it. All gm products at first and then I started adding aftermarket stuff to it. They installed all my oracle products for me, installed eibach supension you name it. They don't do bodywork lol. They really don't try to drain me on the labor clock. They will get in done in a resonable about of time. I have visited several dealerships and it takes time when your favorite ones closes to find another good one
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote