Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #57
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
2KO5GT
One thing that will change is the corner of the paper that states "Trophy Case". "Best selling car in its class" I believe those days are coming to an end!
Perhaps not. The Mustang I believe has always outsold the Camaro, or if not always then most years. But no one ever said the popular choice was the best. Quality, not quantity. No offense 2KO5GT. Your Mustang is still very cool.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #58
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Perhaps not. The Mustang I believe has always outsold the Camaro, or if not always then most years. But no one ever said the popular choice was the best. Quality, not quantity. No offense 2KO5GT. Your Mustang is still very cool.
No offense taken,
I agree that in the past the quality of ford products and american products for that matter has been less than satisfactory. This quality preception kept me away from Ford Products. I have always owned GM Cars and Trucks and with some years the quality was been poor and other years excellent.

I owned a corvette and it was the worst quality car I ever owned so I don't perscribe to the notion that Chevy is better than Ford or VisaVersa. GM has had there share of Quality control issues even in the last few years with the Corvette,
I have a friend that purchased a 2007 Z06 and the thing is falling appart, he is so pissed for spending all that cash on such a poor quality car. Please GM do not do that to the Camaro, Please

I have never been a fan of 4th Gen Camaros or Mustangs, I had issues with their quality and looks But when I saw the S197 Mustang, Inspected it, and read about it I had to give it a try, Remember I purchased a First Year run car from Ford, you would think that I was crazy but the quality of the 5th Gen Mustang is very good, not one recall, and only minor production issues.

I have almost 50,000 miles on my car with over 200 passes on the 1320 and several laps at VIR keeping up with BMW's in the twisties, with Mods less than $1500.00 I am running 12.83 @ 106.66 in the 1/4 and putting down over 310rwhp 320rwtq. So I am plesantly suprized with the Gen 5 Stang, I hope to be equally suprized with the Gen 5 Camaro
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 02-07-2008 at 10:05 AM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote