Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #29
ocautomotive

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Lol im a troll? Are you not the one that made the troll thread yesterday?
ocautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #30
ocautomotive

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
All the negativity is coming from you pal. Just sayin...
Never said it wasn't, that is why I said more threads like this will result like the thread yesterday
ocautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #31
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Relax, I didn't quote you. I was picking on Thor142. Me and him have picked on each other in a fun way. If you want, check out the thread on the sister network in the 1LE section. Good stuff there my Camaro brother.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #32
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I know everyone says these tests were done by different drivers and time, but do we really know if the testing in Milford was done at the same time and same driver?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #33
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
I know everyone says these tests were done by different drivers and time, but do we really know if the testing in Milford was done at the same time and same driver?
We don't know any details of the testing that GM does at Milford.

They'll release a statement, like they did with the C7 GS..

"It's within a second of the track record set by the ZR1" or something like that, but not give details of time, weather, driver, etc.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #34
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
We don't know any details of the testing that GM does at Milford.

They'll release a statement, like they did with the C7 GS..

"It's within a second of the track record set by the ZR1" or something like that, but not give details of time, weather, driver, etc.
Would you quit making so much sense? For being mostly a Ford guy, I have really appreciated a lot of your well informed posts. Norm is another.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #35
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Knowing it's GM's private test facility and the fact they were benchmarking the 6th gen against the 5th and 1LE.....you can be sure that they ran the cars back to back many times.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #36
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Would you quit making so much sense? For being mostly a Ford guy, I have really appreciated a lot of your well informed posts. Norm is another.
Dude I'm an automotive mess. I've got a Camaro hoodie on, with my work security badge on a Camaro lanyard and a Mopar coffee cup and a die cast Mustang by my phone.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #37
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Dude I'm an automotive mess. I've got a Camaro hoodie on, with my work security badge on a Camaro lanyard and a Mopar coffee cup and a die cast Mustang by my phone.
You deserve this for being a complete mess!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #38
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
Quote:
Randy Pobst drove the 2016 SS. He does all the recorded lap timings for the H2H's.

Another interesting thing on that list...

28Challenger R/T 6.4 Scat PackRandy Pobst1:25.76 492 / 1925 29Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (426 PS)Randy Pobst1:25.77

Is how close the Scat Pack is to a GT Mustang (looks like a 2013/2014 since 426ps translates to 420hp). While certainly no corner carver, it's definitely not incompetent by these numbers.

Absolutely. Very cool to see the big boy holding its own. I've long been saying the complaints about how big and heavy the Challenger are have been blown out of proportion. It's is indeed larger and heavier, but it's no 96' Grand Marquis either; it's a legit quick machine. I've said before I'm very tempted with the Scat Pack Shaker they have out right now. I think I would be happier with the Camaro, but it is very cool in a lot of ways. Very classic old school muscle in almost every way. If you're a car person, we certainly are living in a good time right now, in spite of the fuel crisis trying to creep back into life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #39
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I would love to see RP run the latest 5th gen SS, the 5th gen 1LE, the Z28 and the MRC 6th gen 1SS...same day, same track, same driver. Now that would be a colossal head to head. I'm sure that will never happen, but it would be fun to watch...lol.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #40
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicgoober View Post
Absolutely. Very cool to see the big boy holding its own. I've long been saying the complaints about how big and heavy the Challenger are have been blown out of proportion. It's is indeed larger and heavier, but it's no 96' Grand Marquis either; it's a legit quick machine. I've said before I'm very tempted with the Scat Pack Shaker they have out right now. I think I would be happier with the Camaro, but it is very cool in a lot of ways. Very classic old school muscle in almost every way. If you're a car person, we certainly are living in a good time right now, in spite of the fuel crisis trying to creep back into life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, that is a great machine. If I'd have needed 4 real seats, I would have had no qualms about driving one with a smile.

Quote:
A brother from another mother! Wearing my "Ford Racing" hat as I type this. (Funny aside: I wore it to get the C7 updated to Android Auto last Thursday, and went to see my salesman, he 'complained' about the hat. I told him I got it when I got my Mustang and gave him 'a look'. He called up the parts department and comp'ed me a free hat to replace it ) I was cleaning out the Wifey's 'vert after replacing the speakers, and found my old, but really nice, Mustang hat. Added to it to rotation again. My work badge is on a SRT lanyard I got when test driving Scat Pack's last fall! I do have a gen 6 hat I got at the #FNR tour last fall, but I can't remember where I put it. :(

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #41
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I want the styling of the 5th gen 1LE with the interior and mechanicals of the 6th gen 1LE.
This, except I like the 5th gen interior better (design, not necessarily materials).
So I wanted the 6th gen to look just like the 5th gen, but with the better mechanicals of the 6th gen.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #42
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Kinda sad to see the ZL1 not invited to this party.....or the Z/28 for that matter...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote