Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
2015 Camaro Dash issue?

Hey guys forgive me if this isn't the correct section for this.

Anyways I was touching up the interior and noticed that above the mylink system and below the vents the dash has some raised spots. They kinda feel like bubbles. I'm assuming they were there when I bought it a month back but not 100% sure.

I hate to ask because knowing my luck, I'm going to hear "never seen that before" lol. But it is what it is and the warranty did run out earlier this year. I am freaking a little because I am one of the many 2011 Silverado owners who's dash cracked after warranty and Chevrolet never would help me on that one either.

Thanks for any info and/or feedback on this.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 02-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:47 AM   #2
Silveradoss573

I do apologize as I just found 3 threads on this issue so it's not just me. With that said, would I be better off replacing the original insert with the zl1 suede or not? I'm not one to use parts off other models unless necessary. And feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
It looks like its close to the edge. Can you take the vent out? If you can and have access to a syringe maybe shoot some contact adhesive like 3m 1300 under the edge or just lift it up and spread some in there. I have done that for issues like that in the past.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
Silveradoss573

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
It looks like its close to the edge. Can you take the vent out? If you can and have access to a syringe maybe shoot some contact adhesive like 3m 1300 under the edge or just lift it up and spread some in there. I have done that for issues like that in the past.
I'm not sure yet on how all this comes apart yet and what access if any I have to the backside edge. I would definitely be willing to try what you suggested if possible. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #5
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
The 2012 5th gens without the MyLink but with the vinyl/leather dash trim had the same problem. I had the dealer replace my bubbled trim piece under warranty, but within a year it started to bubble up again. I left it alone and the rest of the area above the radio also came loose. But because the entire area came unglued, it now looks absolutely even as if nothing ever happened. It's perfectly smooth. Don't know if the same would eventually happen with yours, but maybe it's possible..... Good luck.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm96z28 View Post
The 2012 5th gens without the MyLink but with the vinyl/leather dash trim had the same problem. I had the dealer replace my bubbled trim piece under warranty, but within a year it started to bubble up again. I left it alone and the rest of the area above the radio also came loose. But because the entire area came unglued, it now looks absolutely even as if nothing ever happened. It's perfectly smooth. Don't know if the same would eventually happen with yours, but maybe it's possible..... Good luck.
Yeah that wouldn't be my luck lol. Heard the same thing about the truck and SUV Dash's as well. People had them replaced only to crack shortly afterwards again SMH.