Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-21-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
IPF Help

ok so i installed the ipf sc kit last week and im looking for some upgrades im going to purchase a meth kit and wanted to know which way to go AEM, Snow..stage 1 or 2.. maf controlled or boost controlled.. direct port injection or ? any help would be great ...

im also running the ipf tune .. which is the best tune file to run...

trying to get in touch with will at overkill does anybody know how to go about this already sent a few emails with no response.. any info would be great thanks for your time

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Depends on how much money you want to spend and how fast you want to go. If you do meth though, you need a custom tune to add more timing. Hopefully this weekend I can finally finish my new setup and show what my direct port meth setup looks like.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

just the man i was hoping to answer ive sent you a few pms ive been following all your work.. and i must say insane unbelievable.. im not really dragging the car its more a street machine.. its my summer ride does not see the winter.. if you can give me a hand with tuning im going to be purchasing hptuners.. money is not a problem so tell me wjat you would do

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 07-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

i forgot to mention i already have the 3.48" pulley i have not installed yet waiting til the meth kit or tune

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 07-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
Alky gets my vote and I got aem
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #6
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Get HP Tuners first, a lot of power is left on the table by IPF to keep the engine safe from the wrong gas. Once you get good logs and find a gas station your car likes, real power can be gained. I use the same station on all my sports cars.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
Upgrade the bearings to the boca bearings if they haven't already been done, get a new recirc valve, make sure your PCV setup is top notch, THEN mod away! I went with the 1le gear set (felt like I added another SC) a cry02 spray bar for the intercooler (got it SUPER CHEAP) minimal gains, i didn't see an iceolator on your mod list it if you have one do a boost leak test I had a huge leak in one of the corners!
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #8
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

i had the iceolator i was told by many to remove it,, zero leaks on boost test.. as far as the bearings this was one of the last kits produced so it has the upgraded ones.. pcv system is on point . elite clean side seperator, elite x2 catch can.. i hav the ss rear end with 3.45 thinking about doing the 3.91s soon, what is recommended for a new recirc valve ?

will (overkill) finally sent me an email so his tune with 80mm tb and blow threw maf will be in very soon !!!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
Old 07-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #9
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavoie87 View Post
i had the iceolator i was told by many to remove it,, zero leaks on boost test.. as far as the bearings this was one of the last kits produced so it has the upgraded ones.. pcv system is on point . elite clean side seperator, elite x2 catch can.. i hav the ss rear end with 3.45 thinking about doing the 3.91s soon, what is recommended for a new recirc valve ?

will (overkill) finally sent me an email so his tune with 80mm tb and blow threw maf will be in very soon !!!!!
I got Jason's JacFab spacer - haven't noticed boost leak so far...
x2 on Elite EX2 system - love it...
3.91 gears make a big difference, first gear goes real quick though!!
I have the valve from 928 motorsports, suppose to be a step up from the one that came with the the kit, seems very similar though...
I'm a Will aka Overkill supporter and fanatic of his products and service, glad you got in touch with him.. Will and Jason are the Staples to the 3.6 LLT/LFX community!!
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

ya maaann im working with Jason as well to do the lfx plenum conversion

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports

Tags
ipf, meth, overkill, supercharged, tune