Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #15
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
do they make LEDs that can last in cold climates yet? I was told that LEDs cant take temps like they see in Alaska. all camaros with out the RS package come with halogen bulbs
I'm not sure on the actual bulb with regards to temperature--I would think the bulb would operate just fine, but one of the issues with 12v LED lighting in general is the lack of heat generated by the bulb which normally keeps the headlamp lens assembly free from accumulated snow/ice while driving.

Trucklite offers a cold-climate model that has a powered grid (kind of like a rear window defroster) that keeps the lens clear. The technology is there, and available...
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:12 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I'm not sure on the actual bulb with regards to temperature--I would think the bulb would operate just fine, but one of the issues with 12v LED lighting in general is the lack of heat generated by the bulb which normally keeps the headlamp lens assembly free from accumulated snow/ice while driving.

Trucklite offers a cold-climate model that has a powered grid (kind of like a rear window defroster) that keeps the lens clear. The technology is there, and available...
ya that might of been it. not getting warm enough to keep them clear.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #17
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409099
Old 05-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #18
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
The PDF file is blocked at my job