Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Hating Haters

I noticed a disturbing trend when I drive my Camaro on four lane roads and highways.
People intentionally will speed up and drive very close to the side of my car and/or speed up and cut in front of me. They are definitely not admiring the car as a couple of them have given me dirty looks or the great middle finger.
It has happened well over a dozen times in the last few weeks and it always involves a minivan or small foreign four door (not the same cars, just the same types).

It's not my driving, as I stick very close to the speed limit because the Victory Red is a cop attention getter and I don't get real aggressive with it unless I hit a stretch that doesn't have much traffic and this never happens when I drive my Pickup or 4Runner.

The worst part is if I slow down or switch lanes to try to avoid these yahoos it seems to escalate their bizarre behavior.
I had one guy slow down to match my slowing down until we were going 20mph below the limit and people were stacking up behind us, when a truck two cars behind me blasted his horn he finally sped up.
I know he was messing with me because I could see him watching me in his mirror.
I don't tailgate because I hate when people do that to me, so once again, it's not me.

Does this crap happen to anyone else?
It's getting annoying!
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Ignore them. Give them no reaction and they will go away. But no, I do not get this type of harassment.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
never had any problems like that.
nothin but luv.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
and another one of these post............

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
I noticed a disturbing trend when I drive my Camaro on four lane roads and highways.
People intentionally will speed up and drive very close to the side of my car and/or speed up and cut in front of me. They are definitely not admiring the car as a couple of them have given me dirty looks or the great middle finger.
It has happened well over a dozen times in the last few weeks and it always involves a minivan or small foreign four door (not the same cars, just the same types).

It's not my driving, as I stick very close to the speed limit because the Victory Red is a cop attention getter and I don't get real aggressive with it unless I hit a stretch that doesn't have much traffic and this never happens when I drive my Pickup or 4Runner.

The worst part is if I slow down or switch lanes to try to avoid these yahoos it seems to escalate their bizarre behavior.
I had one guy slow down to match my slowing down until we were going 20mph below the limit and people were stacking up behind us, when a truck two cars behind me blasted his horn he finally sped up.
I know he was messing with me because I could see him watching me in his mirror.
I don't tailgate because I hate when people do that to me, so once again, it's not me.

Does this crap happen to anyone else?
It's getting annoying!

Two words for you bro'... ROCKET LAUNCHER.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
I'd say it looks like a good bit of them might just be wanting to look at ur car from real close.

As for the ones that give the middle finger, some people will always just be jealous. I actually feel sorry for them as all they can do instead of getting a nice car themselves is to let off their frustration by being obnoxious. I wouldn't lose one bit of sleep over them.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Ya, there were 10 of us together in Charlotte Saturday afternoon and this guy in a POS Mustang literally cuts off two of our cars, just dodging across three lanes of traffic and back. What a douche... We didn't even acknowledge his with a horn blast - not worth it, ya know. Good thing we are good on the brakes "as well as the throttle"..

Don't sink to that level..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
only happened once last week. I was at the hospital with my sis and my younger cousin visiting my aunt and we got hungry so I went out to get us some lunch and I had to take the freeway to get to the palce we wanted to eat at. Im on the freeway and traffic is bumper to bumper. I see my exit coming up and I need to get into the right lane but htereis a car by my rear qtr panel on the passenger side. So I speed up as traffic lets me to pass him and change lanes. And this idiot goes as fast as traffic allows him jus to stay neck and neck with me. So I turn on my right turn signal to let him know Im trying to get into his lane and he still tries to keep up with me. By the time Im able to pass that idiot and get into the right lane I was about a mile and a half past my exit and I had to exit the freeway and get back on the freeway going the other way and sit in traffic again.
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Name:  drive1.gif
Views: 899
Size:  24.7 KB---that's what usually attracts them..minding your business and some yahoo comes out of nowhere...........
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Pickup Trucks

Why is it that every pickup truck in the State of Texas wants to race me. I dunno...

I just visibly laugh at them. What a solid brag for me...beating a pickup truck! Check it out fellas! I just whooped me a pick-up truck with my Camero (sp)...hee-yawwww!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
No hate here unless I turn down the invite to street race. which I always do. Especially the cowboy cadillacs with an 8" lift and 35's on it LMAO every time.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Definitely no haters here in RI, everybody loves the new Camaro's, even the Mustang boys stare in amazement at these awesome Camaro's
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Why is it that every pickup truck in the State of Texas wants to race me. I dunno...
Weird, every pickup truck in the state of Florida wants to run me over.

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Hmmm...
...and everyone thinks that Southern California Drivers are uncivil.
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote