Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #519
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Our local dealership has a bunch of 45th anniversary stuff in their display cases, coffee mug, hat, tshirt, posters, etc. Do you have a local chevy dealer you could hit up between now and then?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #520
Camaro45thAE

Drives: '91 GMC Syclone & '12 Camaro 45TH
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
For Christmas last year I got some pretty sweet floor mats with the 45th insignia on them. You should be able to order those from the Chevy dealer.

Just an option
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
I saw those, they don't come with the car?
No, you have to order them with the car.

Becky is a sweetheart, cause I just got this package in the mail

GMC Syclone #237
2012 Camaro 2LT Anniversary Edition
Order No. PTXV9B
8.31.2011 - Born! TPW 8/29
HowTune- DIY Automotive Network
Camaro45thAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #521
Ttboydxb

Drives: 2012 SS 45th
Hi Everyone! Just picked up my 2012 45th Ss today... I bought it sight unseen (apparently there are only 2 more in Dubai) was going to get black initially, but because of this thread I said "do you have any 45th's?" to which the dealer said there was one arriving on a boat mid April. I was a bit worried since I had never seen it in person, but also really doubtful about the stripes.

All I can say is "Wow". What an absolutely amazing car... Stripes?? Perfect. Color? Best. Ever.

I'll post some pics soon, but even the guys at the dealership were taking pics of it because they said they rarely see any...

Haven't stopped smiling all day...
Ttboydxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #522
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
Congrats !!!! Welcome Enjoy your new baby.......

StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #523
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Funny they didn't show a 3rd or 4th gen in the background, or any of the other anniversary cars, but still cool.
I saw it in Hobby Lobby and wondered the same. I know not everyone loves the 3rd gen, but the anniversary cars always looked good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thAE View Post
No, you have to order them with the car.

Becky is a sweetheart, cause I just got this package in the mail

Those look nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttboydxb View Post
Hi Everyone! Just picked up my 2012 45th Ss today... I bought it sight unseen (apparently there are only 2 more in Dubai) was going to get black initially, but because of this thread I said "do you have any 45th's?" to which the dealer said there was one arriving on a boat mid April. I was a bit worried since I had never seen it in person, but also really doubtful about the stripes.

All I can say is "Wow". What an absolutely amazing car... Stripes?? Perfect. Color? Best. Ever.

I'll post some pics soon, but even the guys at the dealership were taking pics of it because they said they rarely see any...

Haven't stopped smiling all day...
Congrats! Another member overseas!!! Worry not as you've got the best 2012 camaro out there!!! (well, short of only the ZL1... but you get my drift!)

The color is what sells a lot of people. Stands out so much more than regular black. The color is so popular and highly regarded that Corvette used it for their "Centennial Edition" cars. Awesome!!!!

Keep enjoying your beautiful camaro!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #524
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Our local dealership has a bunch of 45th anniversary stuff in their display cases, coffee mug, hat, tshirt, posters, etc. Do you have a local chevy dealer you could hit up between now and then?
My dealer does not have any 45th anniv stuff.
I will come up with something.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #525
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Congrats on the new car. Best you could do, sight unseen, that is.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #526
Camaro45thAE

Quote:
My dealer does not have any 45th anniv stuff.
I will come up with something.
Contact Becky or Maureen at Rodgers, they will be able to take care of you.
GMC Syclone #237
Order No. PTXV9B
Old 04-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #527
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
I ordered my 45th anniversary mats from Chevy mall.com, they have some anniversary items there, poster's hat's shirts.

I also noticed 45th anniversary floor mats on ebay
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #528
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtwilli View Post
Congrats on the new car. Best you could do, sight unseen, that is.
Had some fun messing around with your sig photo:

Feel free to use it or feel free not to, haha, I just got bored. And if anyone else wants a sig photo, feel free to ask. I have too much free time!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #529
Camaro45thAE

My wife's co-worker just got her 45th last week. She freaked out today when she found some scratches on the bumper corner, passenger side. Not really sure how it happened as she was parked out in the middle of nowhere at work. I think they were going to check the security cam footage to see if someone did anything.

Knowing how much of a nutcase I am about details and overly OCD about our 45th, she refused to let her husband touch the car and brought it over to me to look at. Took out the trusty Adam's Polish and got some of the initial surface scuffing out but there was still some surface scratches. Out came the 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper to which everyone freaked out again to what I was about to do.

While I couldnt get all of the scratches out, I was still able to knock down quite a bit of the area and polish it back out. I didnt trust myself to go to far as to not cause any damage to the paint or mar the look of the metallic. Our paint is so soft, its very easy to get down into it fast. Overall, unless you catch it at the right angle and know exactly where to look, the remaining scratches are light enough to not be noticed anymore.

That was my good deed for the day
GMC Syclone #237
Order No. PTXV9B
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #530
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Good deal! You're a good man!

I've got some scratches on my paint where someone let a dirty tire roll 50 feet and SMACK my passenger door.

So I used polish at first, got the big scuffs to go away. Then I used ScratchX by meguiars and got more out. Then tried a tiny bit of wax over it to see if it would cover it. Unfortunately, its a very light scratch into the clear coat. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #531
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post

I've got some scratches on my paint where someone let a dirty tire roll 50 feet and SMACK my passenger door.

So I used polish at first, got the big scuffs to go away. Then I used ScratchX by meguiars and got more out. Then tried a tiny bit of wax over it to see if it would cover it. Unfortunately, its a very light scratch into the clear coat. Do you have any suggestions?
Depending upon how deep it is, a full buff maybe wet sand may be needed. Only issue is if you do either that panel will look so much different from the rest.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #532
Camaro45thAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post

If it's really shallow, just take some detail spray and 1500 grit and go at it. Go slow, wipe and check often. Switch over to 2000 grit, wipe and check often. Dont go crazy, the orange peel will start showing and of course the area your sanding will dull out. I didnt risk taking out all the orange peel to get it perfectly flat....just wasnt comfortable since it's metallic paint.

I used the Adam's swirl and haze remover to cut the dull spot down which basically brought all the shine back, then went over it with paint revive and then buttery wax. Probably spent 15-20 minutes doing it.
GMC Syclone #237
Order No. PTXV9B